2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: San Juan Bautista

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope.. my AMCAS was verified and sent out 1st week of July. Do you know if the Casper has to be submitted prior to application being complete?

They asked me to send an updated transcript through email (I’m assuming because the transcript I sent to AMCAS didn’t have my spring semester grades yet). Does anyone know if they want a student (unofficial copy) transcript or if they want an official one? I asked them but they haven’t answered yet, and my school won’t send official transcripts through email.

Does anyone know if SJB is going to accept MCAT score from January 2021? Got my retake canceled because of the executive order.

Does anyone know if SJB is going to accept MCAT score from January 2021? Got my retake canceled because of the executive order.
Yes, they will! I reached out to a few schools back in July to ask if any of their deadlines had changed, and SJB replied that they would consider January MCATs for this cycle. Their AMCAS deadline is still Dec 15

Reactions: 1 users
How much time passed between Caguas notifying that they received your primary and then sending you te their secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates? I know that we have to do a CASPer test but has anyone heard something?

My app is complete (including CASPer) and after submitting their secondary back in September, still haven’t heard anything

My app is complete (including CASPer) and after submitting their secondary back in September, still haven’t heard anything
Hey! Did you get a complete email? Or an email stating an update and that they received the fee?

Hey! Did you get a complete email? Or an email stating an update and that they received the fee?

Hey, yes they confirmed they received my secondary fee, and they emailed me in September to ask me to send an unofficial copy of my transcript through email as well as an official copy through mail. After that I haven’t heard back again!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, yes they confirmed they received my secondary fee, and they emailed me in September to ask me to send an unofficial copy of my transcript through email as well as an official copy through mail. After that I haven’t heard back again!
Oh, I see! They never asked me to submit my transcripts. Thank you for your response!

Oh, I see! They never asked me to submit my transcripts. Thank you for your response!

They only asked me to send those because I was “missing” one of their prerequisites (I’m taking it this semester, but it didn’t show up on last semester’s transcript obviously, and that’s the one I sent to AMCAS) so I guess they wanted to see an updated transcript. I wouldn’t worry about it!

Any updates? I know that we have to do a CASPer test but has anyone heard something?

I completed everything back in August. On 20Oct I received an email saying my app has advanced to the Admissions Committee for formal review and that I'll get status updates as they become available

Not sure what that means, just trying to be patient!! Best of luck to all!

II received. For VITA and they will also conduct a one-on-one 10 min interview

II received. For VITA and they will also conduct a one-on-one 10 min interview
ayy this is awesome! I got so happy for you hahaha! Well, let's hope I hear something too! You got it today?

ayy this is awesome! I got so happy for you hahaha! Well, let's hope I hear something too! You got it today?

Thank you my friend :) I received it last night but it went to my junk folder for some reason. Just saw it today. Reminder for you all to check your Junk/Spam folders daily. Hope you guys hear back soon!

Thank you my friend :) I received it last night but it went to my junk folder for some reason. Just saw it today. Reminder for you all to check your Junk/Spam folders daily. Hope you guys hear back soon!
Good that you checked your spam! Practice practice interview questions and good luck!!!

How necessary is the volunteer letter? I just now realized I didn't submit one...

I completed everything back in August. On 20Oct I received an email saying my app has advanced to the Admissions Committee for formal review and that I'll get status updates as they become available

Not sure what that means, just trying to be patient!! Best of luck to all!
I completed my app in October and during these days I received that same message. Have you received any updates since then?

I completed my app in October and during these days I received that same message. Have you received any updates since then?
MS1 here - I applied to this school fairly late as well and I secured the II at the end of February. I know due to covid the app process has changed but don't fret on not hearing back. Generally-speaking, no news is good news until stated otherwise.

MS1 here - I applied to this school fairly late as well and I secured the II at the end of February. I know due to covid the app process has changed but don't fret on not hearing back. Generally-speaking, no news is good news until stated otherwise.
Good to know! Thanks!

Good to know! Thanks!
No problem! And it goes without saying, but if anyone had questions on the interview process or my impressions of the school overall feel free to shoot a DM and I'll get back to you when I can! Our finals are over on the 18th

Interviewed a couple hours ago. The interviewer was friendly and I think it went well overall, apart from time zone issues. It was very informal. Main issue is it went way too quick at just over 10 minutes. Feel free to ask me any questions. Also, does anyone know their timeline from interview to A/R? I assume it won't be til probably mid-January.

Interviewed a couple hours ago. The interviewer was friendly and I think it went well overall, apart from time zone issues. It was very informal. Main issue is it went way too quick at just over 10 minutes. Feel free to ask me any questions. Also, does anyone know their timeline from interview to A/R? I assume it won't be til probably mid-January.

Good to hear it went well. When I applied last year, they notified me of my acceptance a month and a half after my interview. Granted I applied late and my interview was later in the cycle, and of course with ongoing covid their evaluation procedure will prob be different from last year, but yeah that was the timeline for me.

I just withdrew my app to this school, hope my interview slot goes to one of you. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I was fortunate enough to get an interview invitation at SJB SOM (super ecstatic!). So far, I have only gotten an AAMC VITA email link and not one for the live virtual interview. Do you have to take the VITA interview before your live interviewer reaches out to you? I was thinking of emailing the admissions committee about this.

Thanks in advance for answering this question!

Hi everyone,

I was fortunate enough to get an interview invitation at SJB SOM (super ecstatic!). So far, I have only gotten an AAMC VITA email link and not one for the live virtual interview. Do you have to take the VITA interview before your live interviewer reaches out to you? I was thinking of emailing the admissions committee about this.

Thanks in advance for answering this question!
Hi! Do you get to ask the Adcom? I also received (and completed) the VITA interview but have not received the date for the personal interview .-.

Hi! Do you get to ask the Adcom? I also received (and completed) the VITA interview but have not received the date for the personal interview .-.
I received my personal interview invite 4 days after I completed the VITA interview.

Yeah. They are reviewing the VITA prior to scheduling the "in-person" virtual interview.

Does anyone have insight on how the II are sent out? For instance, priority for in-state? Trying to calm my nerves as an OOS applicant and be patient..

VITA interview is sent by email or is in AMCAS?

I am very nervous with my personal interview. Does someone knows what type of questions they ask? It is very chill? They say it’s supposed to last 10 minutes, which I really hope haha. I am really anxious and nervous 😅.

Interviewed on December 14th, and got the A today. My first one, and I'm so stoked!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I am very nervous with my personal interview. Does someone knows what type of questions they ask? It is very chill? They say it’s supposed to last 10 minutes, which I really hope haha. I am really
My personal interview was, in fact, 10-min long. They asked me two or three ethical questions and also about my research experiences and shadowing/clinical background. Just be yourself and be ready to answer why you would be a good fit for the school. Good luck with your interview, and feel free to message me if you have any questions. I wish you all the best!

Has anyone received an interview or acceptance without first completing the CASPer exam?

interviewed 12/15, got my A today!! OOS applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users