2020-2021 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats! did you fill out any scholarship application, or did they offer without it?
I didn't apply for anything and I had no heads up that they were sending me a letter :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a merit scholarship in the mail today. I was surprised to be offered one because I didn't get accepted to any other schools. Thank you morsani, very cool.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Are they still sending out IIs?
I received an II last week and my interview is tomorrow, which I was told is the last interview date for the cycle (I'm interviewing select not sure if it's different for core)

• Care
For those that received CORE merit scholarship in the mail today, when were you accepted? Also if you don't mind sharing STATS it would be greatly appreciated

Is there any chance to recieve merit scholarships if you get admitted off the WL or is that a pipe dream

For those that received CORE merit scholarship in the mail today, when were you accepted? Also if you don't mind sharing STATS it would be greatly appreciated

Interviewed early November. Accepted mid-December (on the same day as the information session).
524 / 3.95 USF undergrad

Interviewed mid-October, accepted in November.

GPA 3.97, MCAT 522. Went to USF for undergrad.

Reactions: 1 user
When are the virtual presentations about the school for interviewees? Are they usually a week after the interview? They haven't sent me any info on them yet

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When are the virtual presentations about the school for interviewees? Are they usually a week after the interview? They haven't sent me any info on them yet
I got info on them around 10-14 days after my interview and they were 5-7 days after that. Don’t remember exactly, but they’ll send u an invite at least a few days before the presentations!

I got info on them around 10-14 days after my interview and they were 5-7 days after that. Don’t remember exactly, but they’ll send u an invite at least a few days before the presentations!
thank you so much! did you interview recently?

Interviewed and accepted in october...praying I'm one of the lucky ones that gets a scholarship letter

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email to set up my USF email and access OASIS to fill out financial forms. Hopefully we’ll be able to get our financial aid package before the PTE deadline 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Just got the email to set up my USF email and access OASIS to fill out financial forms. Hopefully we’ll be able to get our financial aid package before the PTE deadline 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Got the same thing! Did you find any forms to fill out? In my Finaid section of Oasis, there was nothing there for 2021-2022, just want to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Got the same thing! Did you find any forms to fill out? In my Finaid section of Oasis, there was nothing there for 2021-2022, just want to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Actually same for me. They said that my FAFSA was received and completed and I didn’t see any forms to fill out. Not sure if they need anything else.

Got the scholarship letter the other day (CORE). Think it's time for me to finally withdraw my acceptance. Hopefully, the scholarship gets passed on to one of you guys! Good luck to everyone on the WL!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Actually same for me. They said that my FAFSA was received and completed and I didn’t see any forms to fill out. Not sure if they need anything else.
Same here, no forms or any details on financial aid status or anything like that, all currently blank. I did see the fafsa received though. Also we apparently need to buy laptops?

Same here, no forms or any details on financial aid status or anything like that, all currently blank. I did see the fafsa received though. Also we apparently need to buy laptops?
I heard about the laptop requirement in last year’s thread. Did you see anything official about this requirement in OASIS?

I heard about the laptop requirement in last year’s thread. Did you see anything official about this requirement in OASIS?
Not on OASIS but the email they sent us has a couple attachments at the bottom. If you click on the welcome letter and then the link to the onboarding site there’s one labeled tech specs and it says class of 2025. I hope we don’t because I just upgraded to a super beefy new desktop lol

When I try to access the pre-matriculation checklist in Canvas I don't see it. Is anyone else having that problem? Has anyone filled anything out or done more than just activating their usf email account?

When I try to access the pre-matriculation checklist in Canvas I don't see it. Is anyone else having that problem? Has anyone filled anything out or done more than just activating their usf email account?
I’m having the same issue

If we are on the WL and eventually get an A, are we not qualified to get a scholarship?

I had this problem last year and it was because I wasn’t added to the Class of 202X course page. I’m not sure if that course is up for you guys yet, but you can always email Dr. Sheehy to check.

If we are on the WL and eventually get an A, are we not qualified to get a scholarship?
I got a scholarship last year during POH so I don’t think all the money has been distributed yet. There are also MD specific scholarships you can apply for as a MS1. Unfortunately those scholarships can’t be applied to 1st year tuition and costs.

Reactions: 2 users
2021 match list is out on their website- Looks to be similar to last year in terms of number of competitive specialties. Hopefully there wasn't that high of SOAP this year @ current med students?

I'm glad they split it by CORE and SELECT this time.

For SELECT post-SOAP:
2 with only a TY placement/no categorical
2 with a research year

Last edited:
I'm glad they split it by CORE and SELECT this time.

For SELECT post-SOAP:
2 with only a TY placement/no categorical
2 with a research year
Why is there 1 orthopedics and 4 orthopedic surgery haha. I’ve never seen that before. Is this just 5 matched to ortho?

I sent my FAFSA to USF back in October, but I do not see it under Financial Aid in OASIS. Can anyone direct me where to look? Or is anyone else having this same issue?

What exactly is a transitional match? Does this mean the student did not match into their specialty of choice? or is this required by most of the more competitive specialties? Does a student matching into transitional need to apply for the match again or is the student admitted to the residency following a successful transitional year? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

What exactly is a transitional match? Does this mean the student did not match into their specialty of choice? or is this required by most of the more competitive specialties? Does a student matching into transitional need to apply for the match again or is the student admitted to the residency following a successful transitional year? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Listing a transitional with no categorical residency means they were only able to match/SOAP into 1 year of training. They need to reapply next year for full training, but they can at least get licensed with the TY.

Listing a transitional with no categorical residency means they were only able to match/SOAP into 1 year of training. They need to reapply next year for full training, but they can at least get licensed with the TY.
Thanks. I am confused why the chart at the bottom of this year's match list only says 4 students took a transitional year, but if you look at the list many more students match into the transitional category.

Thanks. I am confused why the chart at the bottom of this year's match list only says 4 students took a transitional year, but if you look at the list many more students match into the transitional category.
Because the rest also matched into a categorical, and thus, that's their highest level of matching.

Because the rest also matched into a categorical, and thus, that's their highest level of matching.
Does this mean the rest are guaranteed a spot in a categorial residency after their transitional year and do not need to reapply to the match? or does this mean the rest match into a categorical (but it wasn't their ideal categorical), so they are taking a transitional year and will reapply next match? Sorry for all the questions.

I sent my FAFSA to USF back in October, but I do not see it under Financial Aid in OASIS. Can anyone direct me where to look? Or is anyone else having this same issue?
I'm having the same issue. I sent mine back in November.

Does this mean the rest are guaranteed a spot in a categorial residency after their transitional year and do not need to reapply to the match? or does this mean the rest match into a categorical (but it wasn't their ideal categorical), so they are taking a transitional year and will reapply next match? Sorry for all the questions.
Anyone with a Transitional/Preliminary + second line with Categorical is done. They're fully matched. Some may choose to swap categorical residencies after their PGY-1 due to location or specialty, but most will not.

Anyone with a Transitional/Preliminary + second line with Categorical is done. They're fully matched. Some may choose to swap categorical residencies after their PGY-1 due to location or specialty, but most will not.
Thanks for your help. I just wish the match list would indicate the location and categorical part of the Transitional/Preliminary + second line with Categorical matches instead of just writing "transitional".

Thanks for your help. I just wish the match list would indicate the location and categorical part of the Transitional/Preliminary + second line with Categorical matches instead of just writing "transitional".
The match list does list locations for all the matches if you scroll all the way right! It also lists the categorical residency right below the transitional year if there is one. Keep in mind those transitional + categorical are specialties (radiology, ophthalmology, etc) that require you do a prelim year. :giggle:

The match list does list locations for all the matches if you scroll all the way right! It also lists the categorical residency right below the transitional year if there is one. Keep in mind those transitional + categorical are specialties (radiology, ophthalmology, etc) that require you do a prelim year. :giggle:
oh that makes sense! I assumed those blank spaces were for students who wanted to keep their match data private. Thanks for your help everyone! I fully understand now.