2020-2021 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
..?
Then why were people saying they received calls moving their CTE date up?

Oh hmm...seems like only one person reported such a call. Maybe it was BS'ing/trolling?
Nope, multiple people received the call.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have info on this that proves it wasn't one person trolling, @REL may be interested
REL will be even more interested if its not applied uniformly to all SELECT students, but just a subset. Did they tie it to money or some other status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my SELECT acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of y’all! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
IF this is true, this violates the AAMC Guidelines that programs should not require applicants to CTE more than 3-4 weeks prior to the matriculation date? Did they delineate this in the MSAR and on their CYMS website guidelines?
Please do PM me if you received this type of phone call and whether the conversation referenced a need to CTE early for some reason (ie. scholarship, Dean changing date, etc.) I will not identify you to the program in any way.

Just want to point out that USF can avoid any more controversy by just giving the rest of the A’s off WL to people who sent LOI’s/aren’t holding multiple acceptances..... #JustSayin

USF wants competitive applicants... who typically hold multiple As. USF loves their stats.
What a way to put it :((( Is that what u think competitive means? People can be very competitive and yet WL at multiple places...Once u have the grades and the essays the rest is just a lottery

Anyways, has anyone accepted on April 30 gotten their acceptance mail package or their unsubsidized Federal loan (aka "scholarship")yet?

What a way to put it :((( Is that what u think competitive means? People can be very competitive and yet WL at multiple places...Once u have the grades and the essays the rest is just a lottery
Believe me I know. I waitlisted at pretty much every school.

Members don't see this ad :)
519 mcat and high gpa sitting on the WL...
516 with 3.5 and major upward trend (3.9 for final 3.5 years). My only interview. Finally bit the bullet and began reapplication process this past week. 😒

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Did u do the entrance counseling and MPN to be able to see it?
Not this year, but I did within two years for other school loans... maybe that is why? Or maybe your package is not ready yet? Reach out to fin aid!

Reactions: 1 user
maybe I should just start studying for the LSAT
My best friend is studying for the LSAT right now and I think it is much harder than the MCAT. Too much critical thinking and logic games.

• Hmm
Please consider deleting your post. It reeks of insensitivity and entitlement, along with the fact that you're calling someone out using very specific demographic information which could make this person easily identifiable to any of this person's classmates, thus singling them out and belittling their accomplishments in an extremely rude way.
A comment was deleted from this thread due to its content.
Trying to be helpful to fellow members is the purpose of our boards.

They do not provide tablets, unless there is some new policy for the incoming class.

If I want to work for a non-profit hospital or multi-speciality clinic so that I can treat both the insured and uninsured in the area, what would that be under? I thought it would be public health because it is serving the community so serving the public. I was not sure though. If anyone else could clarify that would be great!
Probably academic medicine. That’s usually what they want to hear to, rather than private. Private has a negative stigma of just wanting to get that bread, bc academic medicine always pays less

Received my acceptance for SELECT this morning! Interviewed March 24 and waitlisted April 19! I believe in all of you still on the waitlist! <3

Reactions: 4 users
It's over y'all. Just got a full rejection email from the WL. Best of luck next year!

It's over y'all. Just got a full rejection email from the WL. Best of luck next year!
Was this for select? I’m assuming I haven’t gotten one yet because core doesn’t start for another week.

I received my WL rejection after I resubmitted my secondary :)

Hey everyone! Congrats on being accepted. USF is an amazing school and I have loved my experience thus far. I am a second year Select student and I am moving in with my partner so am looking to sell my lease on my hyde park rental. It's an amazing place, great value, close to everything etc. DM me if you are looking for a place! 1200, one bedroom, one bath. Plenty of space for 1-2 people.
wait, what?!