2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long from day of interview are they generally taking to make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a group for accepted students anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got II in October and signed up for an interview in January (that was the next closest one). Does anyone know if this is what typically happens here, i was surprised to see this. Also is this like a late interview for this school or do a decent number of people still get in during January or later

Just got an II, complete 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Also got an II, finally got an update! Complete 9/11, IS, stats in sig.
The first open slots are in Februrary lol

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Discovered a Pre-II hold on the portal. No email. Complete 9/3. LM 74. IS.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II for MD PHD!! Was put on HOLD back in early Sept but just got an interview...

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if the interview is blind, partially blind, or opened file?

Oh really? Is it more of a conversation with standard interview questions or behavioral ones then?
It is essentially a conversation both with the student and faculty member. For me it was more about presenting myself and there were a few "standard" questions asked. I didn't get any behavioral questions during my II but probably depends on the interviewer.

II on Friday! complete 8/12 LM 69 OOS

Edit: MD/PhD II

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Pre II hold on the portal with no email. Complete early September

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same position. I wonder what the chances of getting an interview after being on hold are.
i had a pre-II hold last month and just got an II last week from them. Stay positive!

Reactions: 8 users
i had a pre-II hold last month and just got an II last week from them. Stay positive!

Same! Got a hold on my account, but they said it was an error, then got an II 10/28 for MD/PhD

Reactions: 3 users
How did they say it was an error? Did you reach out to them or did they email you?
Yes they reached out to me and told me that the hold was an error (actually got the apology email before the hold email) and then got an interview a couple weeks after. Hope this helps!

My portal says decision made but no email...? anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
A!!! Received the call 11/4. No email or update on portal yet!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This might seem random but what was the area code for the call?

It was (315)-464-. I think a lot of students miss their calls because the admissions officer was surprised when I answered the phone! Good luck to you all!

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the virtual meet and greet sessions? Do most people there wear suits as well?

Pre-II Hold, no email but updated on the portal. It says "Hold: re-Review after Dec 1st."
Complete 9/17, IS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who already interviewed, do they send individual zoom links for the two one-on-one interviews, or is it just the upstate zoom link that they sent in the original confirmation email and we just log on at the time and date we selected?

For those of you who already interviewed, do they send individual zoom links for the two one-on-one interviews, or is it just the upstate zoom link that they sent in the original confirmation email and we just log on at the time and date we selected?

Just the Upstate zoom link with breakout rooms :)