2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I wait until I receive a secondary to send in my CASPer score?

Reactions: 1 user
Should I wait until I receive a secondary to send in my CASPer score?
+1 this question - I feel one one hand "wait for secondary" but then I know sometimes it takes time to transmit. Spend the $12 (yes $12 is a lot to me right now believe it or not, I know that's sad) now so it's on the table? Looking for thoughts.

+1 this question - I feel one one hand "wait for secondary" but then I know sometimes it takes time to transmit. Spend the $12 (yes $12 is a lot to me right now believe it or not, I know that's sad) now so it's on the table? Looking for thoughts.
My 2cent is that wait till you get the secondary. Also, last time I applied the fee to submit a secondary for Touro was $200 (correct me if I'm wrong), just a FYI to help you make your decision.

Reactions: 1 users
My 2cent is that wait till you get the secondary. Also, last time I applied the fee to submit a secondary for Touro was $200 (correct me if I'm wrong), just a FYI to help you make your decision.
It was $200 last time I applied as well

5b9168b968630.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an email for an Open House, so I'm assuming they got my primary. They included:

Please note, new application review will begin in mid-August. And, secondary application invitations will be sent on an ongoing basis from mid-August through March 1 and the deadline to submit a secondary application is March 15.

Does anyone know what's the lowest MCAT someone has been accepted into Touro-Harlem with?

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody going to the open house today? do yall know if there is a dress code for it?

Does this school have a minimum MCAT or GPA? I couldn't find anything on their website

Does this school have a minimum MCAT or GPA? I couldn't find anything on their website
I couldn't find anything for NY either. However, Touro-CA requires 3.0 for both cGPA and sGPA and a minimum 502 MCAT. TUNCOM requires 3.0s for both GPAs and a 500 MCAT. Not sure if Touro-NY is similar?

I couldn't find anything for NY either. However, Touro-CA requires 3.0 for both cGPA and sGPA and a minimum 502 MCAT. TUNCOM requires 3.0s for both GPAs and a 500 MCAT. Not sure if Touro-NY is similar?
I believe it is a 498 for NY

Went to an open house earlier on, they said their screen is a 3.0 GPA (science and cumulative) and 498 for MCAT

Reactions: 2 users
Yikes, $200 secondary? The most expensive I’ve seen by far

Anyone know if prompts have been posted? Considering applying to Touro

Just received my secondary!

Just received my secondary. I personally have no idea how selective they are in sending them but i am an ORM, OOS applicant with a 3.9 gpa and 511 MCAT.

Got my secondary. Won’t be completing it, good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who used AP or IB credits for prereqs and took them before 2016: do you think it's worth it to email admissions and ask for a change in prereq selections? The college board currently reports a delay of 8+ weeks on AP report orders which means that if we do this we would be complete by late October or early November.

For those who got the secondary, where is the essay? I can't seem to find it.

Curious for you guys, why harlem over middletown?