2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my secondary yesterday, then received an II today. Pretty surprised at the quick turnaround time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any word yet on background checks? Any emails, or is that something we are supposed to find on the touroone site?

whats your number 1 school fam?
one of the HBCU med schools. makes sense that one of the things that did draw me to Touro was their commitment to diversity and of course the location

Members don't see this ad :)
one of the HBCU med schools. makes sense that one of the things that did draw me to Touro was their commitment to diversity and of course the location
Congratulations! I’m waiting to hear back from Meharry. Also, do you know til how long is Touro interviewing students this year?

Congratulations! I’m waiting to hear back from Meharry. Also, do you know til how long is Touro interviewing students this year?
Meharry got everyone on do not disturb lmao but nah I have no idea. Im assuming pretty late though because their application season starting a little bit later than other schools

Meharry got everyone on do not disturb lmao but nah I have no idea. Im assuming pretty late though because their application season starting a little bit later than other schools
What do you mean for Meharry? jw

What do you mean for Meharry? jw
I meant Touro started their app cycle relatively late so they may be interviewing for a little while longer. On top of that I think most med schools are interviewing longer due to the higher volume of applicants/# of people attending interviews

I just received the secondary after an update to my application. They had sent me a rejection email in 12.2020. is there any chance I might be offered an interview here since they end in March and it takes 4-6 weeks to process my secondary?

Last edited:
I just received the secondary after an update to my application. They had sent me a rejection email in 12.2020. is there any chance I might be offered an interview here since they end in March and it takes 4-6 weeks to process my secondary?

Good question, I’d email admissions and ask if the secondary would be processed before interviewing is over. Clearly they must have liked you enough to rescind the rejection!

I applied here very very late. Does anyone know how far along they are in they cycle, ie; is their class full? If I get an interview - would it only be for WL?

Thanks in advance!

Also waitlisted! Interviewed 01/25.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that have already interviewed, do you have any insight to share regarding the interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

For those of you that have already interviewed, do you have any insight to share regarding the interview? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Everyone's interview was different, same topics are discussed though, why medicine, why DO, why touro etc etc. They are not breaking new ground with their questions. Some people had terrible interviews, some had great ones. I personally had a fantastic interview, it was the best interview I had all cycle.

• Love
Good question, I’d email admissions and ask if the secondary would be processed before interviewing is over. Clearly they must have liked you enough to rescind the rejection!
If you emailed admissions did they ever get back to you regarding the processing of secondaries and interview season timeline?

Also waitlisted! Interviewed 01/25.
Same interview date and waitlisted as well, I was disappointed I loved the school. Does anyone know if LOIs have weight in their decision?

II email yesterday! Submitted secondary in Sept. Am i interviewing for waitlist at this point or have people gotten A's recently?

Hey, did anyone without a physician letter of recommendation get an interview?

Just withdrew my A, sucks to lose the deposit but hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Okay so I created an accepted students' facebook group!!!!! Here is the link: Nhóm Facebook
Update: Someone else beat me to it and I couldn't find it, I am deleting my group and will be joining the superior TouroCOM 2025 group. Here is the link to that one :p Nhóm Facebook

Last edited:
One of the faculty members just reached out with my zoom link and the email's phrasing makes it seem like a 2 on 1 interview, is this other people's experience as well?

One of the faculty members just reached out with my zoom link and the email's phrasing makes it seem like a 2 on 1 interview, is this other people's experience as well?
All interviews are with 2 faculty members

Just reporting back in that I had a really positive interview experience here and that everything I've read on this thread is accurate as far as the interview goes (2 on 1, straightforward questions, very supportive interviewers)

Interview on Monday 2/22. Can also attest to the previous comments on having to defend some of my answers. My interview was more so of a good cop bad cop situation, but overall it went very well. Also for those wondering, we were told that the class is currently full, with potential for there to be some change starting March 1st when the next deposit is due. We were also told that waitlist movement does vary year to year. Some years they go through the whole waitlist and other years they only go through half. It’s also ranked. Hope this helps for those curious.

• Love
Interview on Monday 2/22. Can also attest to the previous comments on having to defend some of my answers. My interview was more so of a good cop bad cop situation, but overall it went very well. Also for those wondering, we were told that the class is currently full, with potential for there to be some change starting March 1st when the next deposit is due. We were also told that waitlist movement does vary year to year. Some years they go through the whole waitlist and other years they only go through half. It’s also ranked. Hope this helps for those curious.
Wait. The next deposit is due next week? 😬

Anyone think they’ll be some movement this March 1st? I have my interview that day

There should be. There are people who have deposits on multiple programs so march is usually the time when students have to commit to one.
Interesting point. But why do you say that March is significant? I happen to be one of those people with gave multiple deposits but I am still deciding what I want to do and investigate the schools more and evaluate financials. My understanding of the traffic rules is that I need to get that done by May. I will probably decide earlier but did not know of any March deadline that would be pushing me to make a final decision soon. I know people are anxious to get off Waiting Lists but the process of dropping acceptances doesn't really kick into high gear for awhile according to my understanding of the traffic rules. Did I miss something? If people are expecting March to be a time for clarity, they could be disappointed.

Traffic Rules:
"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions."

Interesting point. But why do you say that March is significant? I happen to be one of those people with gave multiple deposits but I am still deciding what I want to do and investigate the schools more and evaluate financials. My understanding of the traffic rules is that I need to get that done by May. I will probably decide earlier but did not know of any March deadline that would be pushing me to make a final decision soon. I know people are anxious to get off Waiting Lists but the process of dropping acceptances doesn't really kick into high gear for awhile according to my understanding of the traffic rules. Did I miss something? If people are expecting March to be a time for clarity, they could be disappointed.

Traffic Rules:
"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions."
That’s right it’s in May sorrry for the incorrect information lol

I agree with others about the good cop bad cop kind of interview vibes. They were pretty straightforward questions, I felt it was definitely not conversational, but not actually stressful either. You will definitely have to defend some of the flaws of your application so be prepared with those answers and especially for why you want primary care.

I also did ask the admissions director about the current situation of the class. He said they are hardly ever at waitlist status because people are constantly withdrawing and depositing at other schools.

Anyone from here got in with a lowish science gpa?

I agree with others about the good cop bad cop kind of interview vibes. They were pretty straightforward questions, I felt it was definitely not conversational, but not actually stressful either. You will definitely have to defend some of the flaws of your application so be prepared with those answers and especially for why you want primary care.

I also did ask the admissions director about the current situation of the class. He said they are hardly ever at waitlist status because people are constantly withdrawing and depositing at other schools.

Do you mind clarifying what you mean about the waitlist status - that people are constantly withdrawing from Touro and opening up spots or that the class is full? Thanks!

Any II’s recently? Been complete since Sept...

Would you mind PMing me?

Waitlisted. Interviewed 2/8. Also had the good cop bad cop situation and was grilled, but also I think someone said the class is full at this point?

Are people still getting A's outright or is everyone getting waitlisted now?

Do they send rejections? My application has been complete since late August and I haven't heard anything.

Do they send rejections? My application has been complete since late August and I haven't heard anything.
Last year they sent out pre-II rejections in the beginning of Apr, which is when I'm assuming they stopped interviewing.

Can you dm me!!

Hi everyone! Received an interview for this campus on 3/3, looking forward to scrolling back and reading about everyone's experience with this interview process so far. Touro is probably my top choice and I am excited to get the opportunity to interview here!!!

Hi everyone! Received an interview for this campus on 3/3, looking forward to scrolling back and reading about everyone's experience with this interview process so far. Touro is probably my top choice and I am excited to get the opportunity to interview here!!!
Hello! That's amazing congrats!!!!!! I'd love to know, why is it your top choice?