2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

AMA! Admitted DO-TUNCOM 2020

Hi everyone, I will be starting school here in August 2020. If I can be of any help to you guys applying this year, feel free to reply or message me about anything! I know multiple graduates from there as well so I have a general idea of the school and campus from interviews. Just haven’t started school yet

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Hi everyone, I will be starting school here in August 2020. If I can be of any help to you guys applying this year, feel free to reply or message me about anything! I know multiple graduates from there as well so I have a general idea of the school and campus from interviews. Just haven’t started school yet

How long did it take you to receive their secondary? Do you know if they have any preference toward NV residents?

Members don't see this ad :)

I have multiple family members currently enrolled in TUNCOM. Will I be able to list that anywhere in the secondary application? Does admissions weigh legacy at all?

I'm trying to prewrite the secondary right now based on last year's supplemental questions and it's feeling repetitive from the activities/awards sections of the primary application. Is it okay to talk about the same things I listed in my primary? Should I avoid repeating the same descriptions I had in my primary? Also last year's thread said "1000 characters each", did that mean 1000 characters for each category or each experience?

Thanks for offering to help this year's applicants!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to prewrite the secondary right now based on last year's supplemental questions and it's feeling repetitive from the activities/awards sections of the primary application. Is it okay to talk about the same things I listed in my primary? Should I avoid repeating the same descriptions I had in my primary? Also last year's thread said "1000 characters each", did that mean 1000 characters for each category or each experience?

I recommend rewriting your activities for the supplemental Q’s, thats what I did so it didn’t look like I just copied and pasted them from my primary. I also only wrote 3-4 sentences for each activity to keep it good and concise.

I am not sure if it was 1000 characters per experience or not.

I have multiple family members currently enrolled in TUNCOM. Will I be able to list that anywhere in the secondary application? Does admissions weigh legacy at all?

I am unsure if admissions weigh legacy but there is a part of the secondary where it asks you if you have previous family members who are physicians. I listed my half-brother who graduated from ATSU-KCOM.

Submitted AACOMAS app on May 18 and verified May 22 but still haven't gotten a secondary for TUNCOM Nevada. Anyone else in the same boat?

Where did you find the previous year's secondary prompts?

Where did you find the previous year's secondary prompts?
I just looked at last year's SDN thread!

"Supplemental Questions"

There aren't any prompts just more resume type questions.

What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years?
Employment experience during the last three years:
Volunteer experience, if any, during the last three years:
Research experience, if any, during the last three years:
Health professions or shadowing experience, if any, during the last three years:
Extracurricular activities or hobbies.

1000 characters each

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not received a secondary from TUNCOM or MSU COM. I have received secondaries from all other schools (20+). Idk what is going on or what I should do about TUNCOM. Any suggestions?

I still have not received a secondary from TUNCOM or MSU COM. I have received secondaries from all other schools (20+). Idk what is going on or what I should do about TUNCOM. Any suggestions?

Just wait another week or so, if nothing comes of it can’t hurt to shoot them an email

I think you mean '>500'. That would be pretty funny if they only looked at applications below 500.

Sorry I guess I don’t know what cut off means. I wrote <500 as in anyone that has less than a 500 is automatically rejected. You need 500 and above.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry I guess I don’t know what cut off means. I wrote <500 as in anyone that has less than a 500 is automatically rejected. You need 500 and above.
To be fair, a cutoff is an arbitrary value and with no context, you couldn't assume above or below. I was just being cheeky :).

So no one has received the secondary for TUNCOM yet?

I just want to say "look at my AACOMAS app" for literally all of these...

hm I didn't get a secondary here yet. Have my MCAT score in and verified 6/17

Received my secondary as well! Can’t submit until I get fee waiver code, should get that by tomorrow night hopefully. :)

Mind sharing the prompts? are they the same as last year?
I’m not sure what they were last year, pretty much has you list your experiences and upload a resume that I believe was optional

Last edited:
anyone else have trouble submitting the secondary? I put my card info in, press submit, then it gives me an error message

Yo, with this thing, do we literally just list our CV but again for them? No fluff? It's 1000 char limit...

Yo, with this thing, do we literally just list our CV but again for them? No fluff? It's 1000 char limit...

That’s what I did!
I figured if they really wanted to know more about my job/activities, they can look at the primary app

That’s what I did!
I figured if they really wanted to know more about my job/activities, they can look at the primary app
Yeah that’s what I figured. I should have waited for a second opinion but I submitted it like that haha

Still waiting for a secondary...... anyone in the same boat... ? According to their website, their only screen is minimum GPA and MCAT or do they screen further??

Still waiting for a secondary...... anyone in the same boat... ? According to their website, their only screen is minimum GPA and MCAT or do they screen further??
Are your MCAT and gpa lower?

Are your MCAT and gpa lower?

No they are above the requirements! The only thing I can think of is my physician letter went in mid-July so I wonder if it needed that to be considered "complete" and I should be waiting patiently..............

No they are above the requirements! The only thing I can think of is my physician letter went in mid-July so I wonder if it needed that to be considered "complete" and I should be waiting patiently..............
Interesting. I don’t really know. I got it, but I’ve been verified since 5/13

I didn't attach a resume to my secondary bc the email said it was optional and I haven't updated it yet and thought I explained my activities well enough in the secondary. Will not attaching the resume be seen negatively by the ADCOM's?

I am 505, 3.66GPA. Still have not received

I didn't attach a resume to my secondary bc the email said it was optional and I haven't updated it yet and thought I explained my activities well enough in the secondary. Will not attaching the resume be seen negatively by the ADCOM's?

I didn’t attach a resume last cycle and it was fine

Just received the secondary application
Primary submitted: idk
Verified: May 28

Just got my first R from here! Love to see it!

I am 505, 3.66GPA. Still have not received
I just got an update email... I was dumb...... Apparently AACOMAS didn't have my official MCAT score. I was so sure I sent it to them but I guess I didn't... ? IDK. Anyway no secondary until they have my MCAT score.

Also just received the secondary. Submitted my primary in early June.