2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any current students that could tell us the class of 2021 match results?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here! It wasn’t an easy choice. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on Monday. The interview day was great but the faculty who interviewed me were totally disinterested in me, rude, cutting me off, and telling me that I’m not good enough to go there (literally said that to me...). I handled myself well and stayed composed but I’m not sure what to do... do I email admissions and let them know I felt completely mistreated and disrespected or do I just accept that I won’t get in here?

I like the school but my interviewers were just awful.
I interviewed on the same day and I had a similar experience! My interviewer poked fun at my (very slight) regional accent multiple times (the first three times I can laugh it off with you but after that it’s ridiculous), immediately interrogated me about subjective “red flags” on my application, and then grilled me on results of an article review I wrote 3 years ago. He told me I would “never be happy living in Nevada” because it’s too hot for someone from the northeast. Otherwise I really loved the school but I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting a big fat R tomorrow after how that conversation went.

Members don't see this ad :)
i’ll be withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of yall. good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on the same day and I had a similar experience! My interviewer poked fun at my (very slight) regional accent multiple times (the first three times I can laugh it off with you but after that it’s ridiculous), immediately interrogated me about subjective “red flags” on my application, and then grilled me on results of an article review I wrote 3 years ago. He told me I would “never be happy living in Nevada” because it’s too hot for someone from the northeast. Otherwise I really loved the school but I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting a big fat R tomorrow after how that conversation went.
I guess this is standard because I had the same experience. My interviewer kept saying these are questions passed along to him so I cant really blame him for the interrogation vibe I was given.

I guess this is standard because I had the same experience. My interviewer kept saying these are questions passed along to him so I cant really blame him for the interrogation vibe I was given.
I got these same vibes too! Interviewed on the same day as you both (as well as some of the others up the thread) and the faculty who interviewed me grilled me about the specifics of a paper I published and wouldn't seem to let up. I don't mind talking about my research, but they seemed so disinterested in me and the responses that I gave that I won't be surprised to get a big fat R in the mail tomorrow as well.

Honestly I’d reach out. Maybe it does something, maybe not, maybe it helps protect a future applicant. Not going to pressure you, but I would think about it. Keep your chin up!

It’s a few faculty spoiling the bunch. I happen to know people who had nothing but excellent experiences.

Got an email on 01/28 that said I was under review
Did you ever get a final review email after that? I got the under review email on 1/29 and I haven’t gotten a final review email or anything since...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever get a final review email after that? I got the under review email on 1/29 and I haven’t gotten a final review email or anything since...
Today I got an "Interview Status" email. All it said was that I'm waitlisted for an interview and to notify them of any updates.

I got these same vibes too! Interviewed on the same day as you both (as well as some of the others up the thread) and the faculty who interviewed me grilled me about the specifics of a paper I published and wouldn't seem to let up. I don't mind talking about my research, but they seemed so disinterested in me and the responses that I gave that I won't be surprised to get a big fat R in the mail tomorrow as well.
????? Just got the acceptance via email, which I guess is proof that you never know what the interviewers thought of you! 3.4/514 OOS, app complete 10/7, II received 3/4, interviewed 3/8. It doesn't feel real haha.

Reactions: 5 users
????? Just got the acceptance via email, which I guess is proof that you never know what the interviewers thought of you! 3.4/514 OOS, app complete 10/7, II received 3/4, interviewed 3/8. It doesn't feel real haha.
Congrats!!

• Love
Waitlisted.. interviewed 3/8. Thought it went really well too.

• Care
Just got the acceptance email! Haven't been called yet though! I interviewed on 3/8.
In state 3.89/509

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted :/ Interviewed 3/8 was really hoping for an A here

• Care
I also got an acceptance!! This is a dream come true!! I'm not sure how life could get better at this point.

I am so excited to join all of you. Glad you got in, too, Dr. Brew! My partner and I will be happy to try out your concoctions anytime. I make a mean steak ;)

Stats-wise: 3.4/515

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the A as well! (Complete shock- see my above comment about my interview). Interviewed 3/8.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I have an interview hold. Has anyone gotten an interview after this
I was waitlisted for an interview in January, got off the waitlist a week before the interview day in February, and was accepted the first week of March

• Wow
  • Love
For those who were waitlisted, we didn't need to accept the waitlist position right?

For those who were waitlisted, we didn't need to accept the waitlist position right?
On my letter it didnt say anything about accepting the position but to let them know if you no longer want to be considered

Just got the A yesterday, and that came after a not-so-pleasant interview experience so I guess the interview is just a small part of what they look at

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the final review email 🤞🏼

Which email have you guys sent updates to?
I would think to send it to Nancy Luong. The website says that people on interview invite hold or on the waitlist should only send academic updates (which are through AACOMAS). It is undetermined what kind of updates you could send before then or whether you should at all. They say not to check on your status in the under review e-mail, but I don't know how providing updates during that "up to 8 weeks" would be received.

Weird question, but if we got through the interview process and was accepted, does that means we met the course pre-requisite requirement?

Last edited:
Weird question, but if we got through the interview process and was accepted, does that means we met the course pre-requisite requirement?
Pretty sure, or you your planned courses met the requirement. Make sure what you wrote for future classes doesn’t include pre reqs and if it does to complete them.

Does anyone know if the plan for TUN event tonight is casual? Gotta hop on right after work and it would be 100x easier to do so in my scrubs.

Reactions: 1 users
Does TUNCOM have mandatory lectures and are they recorded?

Those who received II. After you scheduled your interview, you receive an email that tells you you'll get an email confirming your interview time that was requested . How long until you receive an email telling your request was confirmed?

Those who received II. After you scheduled your interview, you receive an email that tells you you'll get an email confirming your interview time that was requested . How long until you receive an email telling your request was confirmed?
Within a day for me!

In case anyone else was in my shoes wondering about this, it ended up taking them about 5 business days for me. Good luck to everyone with upcoming II!

Accepted!! Interviewed on 3/22. This is a dream come true for me :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got a random email from TUNCOM saying I was on the interview invite waitlist. Can anyone elaborate on this? It said I could send academic updates, but can I also send updates regarding extracurriculars and healthcare experiences? Also when are they interviewing until, because its already mid-April lol. I can't imagine that there's very many interview dates left, and I've never even heard of a DO school having a waitlist for an interview

Got a random email from TUNCOM saying I was on the interview invite waitlist. Can anyone elaborate on this? It said I could send academic updates, but can I also send updates regarding extracurriculars and healthcare experiences? Also when are they interviewing until, because its already mid-April lol. I can't imagine that there's very many interview dates left, and I've never even heard of a DO school having a waitlist for an interview
When did you get your second review email if you don’t mind sharing

Got a random email from TUNCOM saying I was on the interview invite waitlist.
I would hate to be a negative nancy, but I've had 7 of these this cycle, most from months ago...I never got off any of them
Some call it a "hold" while others call it an "interview waitlist". AZCOM put me on an "interview waitlist" and then subsequently rejected me later on (interviews over?)

I would hate to be a negative nancy, but I've had 7 of these this cycle, most from months ago...I never got off any of them
Some call it a "hold" while others call it an "interview waitlist". AZCOM put me on an "interview waitlist" and then subsequently rejected me later on (interviews over?)
Just to add to the speculation and offer a counter view, I know others who made it off various interview waitlists throughout the cycle. Every school is different, but TUNCOM interviews so many people I wouldn’t be surprised if some come off the interview waitlist too. So there is hope when you are on some of these “interview waitlists” (although the chances realistically are getting lower with every month that goes by). Good luck, and try not to give up faith. It’s a brutal process and we are all rooting for each other to succeed in the end!

Last edited:
Just got an II! However since only dates open were later this month am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot with it being so late in the cycle?

Just got an II! However since only dates open were later this month am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot with it being so late in the cycle?
Congrats! When did you get the final review email?