2020-2021 Traditional Thoracic Surgery Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, starting this to coordinate interviews and share insights into programs as the application cycle is very atypical this time.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the link to the thread from last year, has a good excel sheet with interview dates from last year, program summaries that somebody put together.

UTMB (invite 12/7), dates 2/6, 3/6, 4/3, 4/17

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Loyola sent out invites as well.

VCU- reviewing now, Interview dates: 1/23, 2/27, 3/20

Reactions: 1 user
Any word on applicants from 0+5 VS getting any love?

Last edited:
OSU sent an invite to an informal virtual happy hour for January 7th... have other programs done this?

Members don't see this ad :)
OSU sent an invite to an informal virtual happy hour for January 7th... have other programs done this?
That's the only Meet and Greet I have gotten without an interview attached to it. Maybe they are trying to see how much interest there is in their program.

Medical College of Wisconsin- Invite 12/22
Interview dates: 1/13, 1/25, 2/17, 3/8

Do you guys know if most programs send you a rejection email or most just won’t send you an interview invitation ?

Do you guys know if most programs send you a rejection email or most just won’t send you an interview invitation ?
In speaking with one of our first year CT fellows, it sounds it's a mix. Some would send rejections once all their spots were filled and some just ghosted.

Is anyone available to switch UTMB interview? I have February 6 but would need April 3. Thanks

How realistic is it for a DO trained at a newer community program to match into a Thoracic fellowship? Making my ROL for general surgery soon and would love some insight. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone able to switch Yale interviews with me, please? I'm on for 3/6 but really need 3/17, if possible! Thank you in advance!

Also: anyone willing to trade Miami interviews, I’m scheduled 3/6 but would trade for 2/13. Thank you!

Anyone willing trade a johns hopkins interview. I am scheduled for March 27th and need March 6 or April 10.

Anyone available to switch BIDCM interview from 3/12 to 3/26?

thanks

Is anyone available to trade my 2/26 Rush interview for 4/16?

is anyone ready to trade utmb interview. i want april 3 or 17, currently scheduled for march 6