2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the expected turnaround time for post-ii decisions? Interviewing at the end of Jan, just curious.
I interviewed yesterday and they told us we should expect to hear back the first week of Feb

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Do people know how far interviews are scheduled for? Do we think there will be any more waves of II or is Tufts pretty much done sending II?

Do people know how far interviews are scheduled for? Do we think there will be any more waves of II or is Tufts pretty much done sending II?
Still two dates available in March and one next week (prob b/c someone cancelled). I'd estimate roughly 30-40 IIs left (considering 22 interviewees during my date and that some of these dates are partially filled).

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still two dates available in March and one next week (prob b/c someone cancelled). I'd estimate roughly 30-40 IIs left (considering 22 interviewees during my date and that some of these dates are partially filled).
Just to add on to this, I see February 5th available for the Maine Track, so there might also still be some Maine Track interview slots available. Keep the faith!

Interviewed early December for Maine Track -- I wonder why some got the good news but others who interviewed on the same date haven't heard anything? Even if you don't get an A, I'd expect to hear back a deferral or R. Anyone know?

Interviewed early December for Maine Track -- I wonder why some got the good news but others who interviewed on the same date haven't heard anything? Even if you don't get an A, I'd expect to hear back a deferral or R. Anyone know?

i got the call on monday, but i still haven't received the official email notifying me of acceptance, they said those would be sent out in a few days. maybe once those get sent out, they'll also notify deferrals/rejections?

i got the call on monday, but i still haven't received the official email notifying me of acceptance, they said those would be sent out in a few days. maybe once those get sent out, they'll also notify deferrals/rejections?
That makes sense, thanks!

Got the call this morning, interviewed early December! Got the acceptance email a few hours later.

edit: sorry this is for Boston Track

Last edited:
  • Love
accepted 1/4, interviewed 12/9, so excited since its my top choice! is there an accepted students page? also happy to answer any questions about the interview! best of luck

• Love
accepted 1/4, interviewed 12/9, so excited since its my top choice! is there an accepted students page? also happy to answer any questions about the interview! best of luck
elelelele from a fellow habesha! congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed for Maine track on 12/4 and just got the deferred email. It says in the email that “many applicants are later accepted after being deferred” but I can’t help but feel this isn’t a good sign...

• Care
Interviewed Early Dec, got deferred as well

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed for Maine track in November and deferred now. OOS
After 2 R's between yesterday and today this is not a great week for my inbox

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also deferred for the Maine Track. :/

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed for Maine track on 12/4 and just got the deferred email. It says in the email that “many applicants are later accepted after being deferred” but I can’t help but feel this isn’t a good sign...
Current Maine Tracker - I interviewed in March, got deferred, got waitlisted after that, and then got accepted off the waitlist. A friend interviewed before me in the same cycle and had a very similar outcome to me. It’s definitely not a death sentence to be deferred!

Reactions: 9 users
When does tufts usually send out last interview invites ? Still haven’t heard anything

Reactions: 15 users
Has anyone heard anything about if they will be hosting a second (first) look day? I'm sure it's hard to plan for now given how bad the pandemic but just curious

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I have a Maine track interview coming up. Could anyone expand on their experience/the format of the interview?

have not heard a peep since submitting secondary on august 1st.. LM 73 WARS 77

Has anyone heard anything about if they will be hosting a second (first) look day? I'm sure it's hard to plan for now given how bad the pandemic but just curious
Yes there will be and they mentioned on interview day it will be virtual this year

When does Tufts generally send out financial aid information?

Has anyone gotten an email about the MD/MBA zoom they're supposed to be having? They mentioned at the interview that they would be sending them out but i never got anything

@ Maine track - when did you all receive an email w/ interview link? Mine is this week and still have not received this.

Pre-II R. Complete 8/13/20. Best of luck to everybody!

• Care
Please Tufts, don't R me. I have a child.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
September complete date but still bracing for impact.....

*insert I’m in danger meme here*

But may the force be with us all and that we survive this potential R wave

Pre-II R complete early August

• Care
Alexa play "I feel it coming"

• Haha
Anyone else sitting in silence for a majority of schools they applied to and are at the point where they just want R's because it seems better than silence😭 Kind of losing hope..

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Posting so I can finally follow this thread ... complete mid july and still haven't heard anything :oops:

Anyone else sitting in silence for a majority of schools they applied to and are at the point where they just want R's because it seems better than silence😭 Kind of losing hope..
I feel you. still waiting on my first II... stressed is an understatement :(

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Pre-II R just now. OOS. Complete 9/2. Good luck everyone! ☺️

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I hope you hear something soon! I think the stress from this cycle has taken a few years off my life lol..
Thank you, you too! also realized you were the person I was talking to on the SUNY Upstate thread... let's hope Tufts brings better news lol

*peeks out from behind the covers*

is it over?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R here too, received earlier this afternoon. Complete mid-late august.

• Care
  • Sad