2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they accept update letters and if it is worth it to send one pre-interview?
They do, via the secondary portal. But it is limited to 500 characters, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else not heard back from the MSTP post-interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they send rejections? Is it in waves?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after interviews is it taking for people to receive admissions decisions? I interviewed 2/2 and I’m hoping I’ll find out soon

Reactions: 1 users
How long after interviews is it taking for people to receive admissions decisions? I interviewed 2/2 and I’m hoping I’ll find out soon
Took about six weeks for me - Interviewed 1/11 and got the call 2/25. I think you're still in good shape

Reactions: 3 users
hello friends! I reread my portal for vita instructions and it said to complete the VITA "2 calendar days before the interview date." That does include weekend days correct? For example, my interview is the 8th, and so I was planning on completing VITA this Friday the 5th for an extra day.

hello friends! I reread my portal for vita instructions and it said to complete the VITA "2 calendar days before the interview date." That does include weekend days correct? For example, my interview is the 8th, and so I was planning on completing VITA this Friday the 5th for an extra day.
"Calendar days" includes Sat/Sun. You're good.

Has anyone else not heard back from the MSTP post-interview?
I also haven't heard back. I remember Dr. Goldin said they send out a majority of the acceptances toward the end of the cycle. When did you interview?

I also haven't heard back. I remember Dr. Goldin said they send out a majority of the acceptances toward the end of the cycle. When did you interview?
What's considered end of cycle for them? I interviewed back in November

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the applicants who were accepted from 1/11 II date were URM or ORM?
Not sure it matters much because I remember them saying that it’s dependent on who’s reviewing your file and how long they take. But, I interviewed 1/11 and got accepted and am URM.

when would orientation be? / when would the prematriculation program be ?

Interview invite yesterday so don’t give up

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I know I was shocked! it was around like 1pm and I was complete in towards the end of September
Mind sharing your interview date and if other dates were open? I imagine they must be very near the end of their interview season.

Mind sharing your interview date and if other dates were open? I imagine they must be very near the end of their interview season.
Yeah no problem..the only date I saw was for April 12th..I didn’t look to see if dates were available beyond April. I just went to the first one I saw

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone sent in a letter of intent to UCI post-II? Does it also have to fit in the 500 character limit?

Interview on 2/2: just got placed on the Alternate List. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
anyone accepted from 2/11 date? Really strange how some people from later interview dates are hearing their decisions earlier than people who interviewed months ago :(

anyone accepted from 2/11 date? Really strange how some people from later interview dates are hearing their decisions earlier than people who interviewed months ago :(
Maybe it’s a good time to email to ask for an update? I feel you in the waiting game it’s mentally very taxing :(

Also have you checked your applicant portal? Even if you missed an email the update would be there.

I wouldn’t stress too much yet! I interviewed 2/2 and am still waiting. I think it’s been taking 5-6 weeks for a lot of people

When accepting a spot on the alternate list, does the page still look like you haven’t submitted the response? Like the submit button is still there and I did not receive any confirmation.

Just got the call (2/2 interview) Good luck to all of you!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
When accepting a spot on the alternate list, does the page still look like you haven’t submitted the response? Like the submit button is still there and I did not receive any confirmation.
Yes, if you go to the status tab it should say "alternate list- accept" if it went through. Mine also looks like it hadn't been submitted

received the A via phone call around 4 PM today! Interviewed on 2/11!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are the 1-on-1 interviews open or closed file? Thank you!
They are only partly open file I think I remember that my interviewers had said they only had my personal statement and activities but nothing else

Anyone else that interviewed on 2/11 hear back yet? I was hoping to hear something on 3/11 but no word yet! Are they taking a bit longer this year?

Anyone else that interviewed on 2/11 hear back yet? I was hoping to hear something on 3/11 but no word yet! Are they taking a bit longer this year?
I interviewed on 2/11 and received the phone call on 3/11.... I think other interview dates Were notified of their status on the same day. Check the thread.