2020-2021 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7/13

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed my secondary on 7/24. Haven't heard anything from UCSD. Does any body have any idea what is it mean? This is my first choice school.
I submitted my secondary on 7/20 and haven't heard anything yet either. We just gotta hang in there

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who interviewed already have any feedback/advice on how to prep? Anything you would've done differently?

Members don't see this ad :)
still hoping for an interview before all the dates fill up :'(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
just got put on hold too lol, IS complete 8/4

• Care
Hold. LM 78. OOS. 8/13

• Care
Hold. LM 69. IS. complete 7/29.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
did they send an email for the hold or is it through the portal?

• Care
Jeeze... UC San Diego is savage with the holds.. After a month of silence they come out of the woodworks like this.

Hold, IS, PRIME applicant, dream school :'(

• Care
For UCSD a hold is essentially a silent R right? How likely is it to get off of hold if you're pre-II?

Also on hold, Complete 7/24, OOS LM 68

• Care
Do they outright reject? It seems like I've only seen holds.

here's what the email said:

The Committee initially makes one of three decisions. Applicants may be invited for an interview, placed on “hold” for an interview, or receive no further consideration for an interview.

You have been placed on “hold” for an interview. Our Committee will again review the applications of those on “hold” for an interview by mid-February 2021. We anticipate that additional interview offers will be extended at that time, but we are unable to assess/approximate the likelihood for any individual applicant. Applicants that will not be invited will also be notified by email of our decision.

so seems like a waitlist for interviews, basically

I just went through some reddit threads and apparently the hold is a soft R :(
Apparently almost no one gets pulled off it and about 2 years ago, no one did. It makes sense since they said they review in mid-Feb, which is really late and right before applicants start committing to schools

Last edited:
Pre-secondary R. I wish you guys the best of luck. Rooting for yall!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
+1 hold IS, 522 , 3.9 complete 8/10 ish

• Wow
  • Care
No news for you early applicants is honestly good at this point...

hold, IS, low 70s LM, complete early August

what time is the deadline to submit? is it like 11:59 pm one month later or 12 am one month later

How strict is the one month deadline? Will we be locked out of the portal? Is it right at 12 at the due date?

Did anyone figure this out? For the time of the deadline on the 1 month & strictness of the 1 month? Thank you!

Last edited: