2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the post acceptance rate is like ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I thought that UCSF was going chronologically in terms of giving interviews and I was dead sure that they were on the early Sep batch. I guess they don't go in a full chronological manner in their assessment for IIs. Or this may just be something I'm saying to make myself feel better lol for not having heard even tho I completed in mid Sep

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an II! Soo crazy! I am soo happy.

MCAT 511, 3.98 gpa

Can anyone who has interviewed already share the format? Is it a traditional interview? one on one faculty? Thanks!!!
What dates are they scheduling for!?!? Congrats and good luck on your interview :)

What dates are they scheduling for!?!? Congrats and good luck on your interview :)
Thank you!

When I schedule my interview date there were only 2 available days in mid December

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, I thought that UCSF was going chronologically in terms of giving interviews and I was dead sure that they were on the early Sep batch. I guess they don't go in a full chronological manner in their assessment for IIs. Or this may just be something I'm saying to make myself feel better lol for not having heard even tho I completed in mid Sep
complete 9/10 and im right there with ya.

this hurts my soul

• Care
Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets to review applicants who have interviewed?

If you interview in December are you like in the middle of the pack in terms of the number of applicants that are interviewed in a cycle?

Does anyone know if we can expect the first wave of post II decisions in December? I know MSAR says January but I don't know how true that is

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets to review applicants who have interviewed?

If you interview in December are you like in the middle of the pack in terms of the number of applicants that are interviewed in a cycle?

I am not sure about the frequency of those meetings but based on previous years' threads and my own interview date (9/29/20) being the very first one in this cycle, I think December interviews are bit behind the middle of the pack? Assuming no delays in the interview schedule and decision announcement, I think people will hear their final decision in the mid-Dec and the mid to late Jan. Some people from last year got their IIs in late Dec and got in so I don't think the interview date doesn't matter when it comes to the final decision.

Would anyone who applied to PRIME be able to check their portal under "program select" and see if they had both MD and MD/PRIME selected or just MD/PRIME? Thanks!

Would anyone who applied to PRIME be able to check their portal under "program select" and see if they had both MD and MD/PRIME selected or just MD/PRIME? Thanks!
Mine only has MD/PRIME. MD button is blank. Pretty sure we'll still be considered for regular though

• Love
I am not sure about the frequency of those meetings but based on previous years' threads and my own interview date (9/29/20) being the very first one in this cycle, I think December interviews are bit behind the middle of the pack? Assuming no delays in the interview schedule and decision announcement, I think people will hear their final decision in the mid-Dec and the mid to late Jan. Some people from last year got their IIs in late Dec and got in so I don't think the interview date doesn't matter when it comes to the final decision.

Ok. I'm interviewing Dec 17th and just want to know that I have a solid shot. This is my dream school!

Reactions: 1 users
Ok. I'm interviewing Dec 17th and just want to know that I have a solid shot. This is my dream school!
You definitely has a solid shot! People from earlier interview dates might hear their decision before your interview but I'm pretty sure early or late interviews don't matter when it comes to the post-II acceptance rate.

so there's only two decision dates for UCSF? mid december and mid jan?
Oops my mistake. I just looked over the last year's thread, and seems like there's one day in December and couple more days in late Jan and early Feb (<- this is for MD only). I think other special programs have different timelines for the decision.

Wait so you're saying post-ll acceptance rate is the same throughout the cycle? Isn't it kinda unfair to people who unterviewed earlier because early invites are sent to more competitive applicants?
That's not true at all. Late interviews are most likely granted to people who submitted later on in the cycle, doesn't make them less competitive of an applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait so you're saying post-ll acceptance rate is the same throughout the cycle? Isn't it kinda unfair to people who unterviewed earlier because early invites are sent to more competitive applicants?

Doesnt it also depend on when the applicant is complete?

That's not true at all. Late interviews are most likely granted to people who submitted later on in the cycle, doesn't make them less competitive of an applicant.
hmm okay so you're saying that people who interview earlier are not more competitive and don't have higher stats compared to people who interview late in the cycle and the only difference is their complete date?

hmm okay so you're saying that people who interview earlier are not more competitive and don't have higher stats compared to people who interview late in the cycle and the only difference is their complete date?
When we're talking about T10 school yes. They literally have everyone and their mom applying to their school. You think they'd waste any interview slots on a less competitive applicant? Show some humility.

When we're talking about T10 school yes. They literally have everyone and their mom applying to their school. You think they'd waste any interview slots on a less competitive applicant? Show some humility.
No no I'm not trying to put down anyone here I genuinely don't understand the system. I was just under the impression that it's universal for schools to send more qualified applicants on paper invites earlier (cuz those applicants are more "desirable" and will be "taken away" by other competing schools early), especially schools with rolling admissions. Now this doesn't mean they are better people, they just have better stats and look better on paper. I get late invites at other schools too despite early submission and I think it's because my app was borderline for interviews. But perhaps I'm wrong and I'm sorry if my message came off differently than I intended

Does UCSF typically only have a few interview dates per month and decisions are released for that month all together? Sorry, just trying to get an understanding of how admissions works for UCSF.

I was on the very first wave of IIs but I don't think I'm a super stellar competitive applicant. It's probably because I submitted pretty early (mid-August). Although UCSF has rolling admissions, that doesn't mean they will fill their spots as quickly as possible with people who interviewed early. I just looked back on previous years' threads and saw most of the time, they released decisions for early interviews on one specific day in mid-Dec and then couple more in late Jan and maybe Feb.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have the strength to look through this whole thread, lol -- what's UCSF's policy on pre-II update? I couldn't find anything on their website, and the application portal doesn't have a section to upload documents.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't have the strength to look through this whole thread, lol -- what's UCSF's policy on pre-II update? I couldn't find anything on their website, and the application portal doesn't have a section to upload documents.
I think UCSF only accepts post-II updates by directly sending an email to the admissions office.

Half of me wants to hear back soon from UCSF about II and the other half is okay being in limbo cause I don't want to deal with the realities of getting a rejection :(

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Does UCSF typically only have a few interview dates per month and decisions are released for that month all together? Sorry, just trying to get an understanding of how admissions works for UCSF.

I think that might be the case later on in the cycle since they are rolling and not on set dates. However, at the start, I think they have a mid/late Dec release for all candidates interviewed earlier in the cycle. They then start releasing decisions more frequently starting in January.

I think that might be the case later on in the cycle since they are rolling and not on set dates. However, at the start, I think they have a mid/late Dec release for all candidates interviewed earlier in the cycle. They then start releasing decisions more frequently starting in January.

So I'm interviewing Dec 17th, so most likely I somt hear back until Jan?

Any OOS applicants received secondaries after 2 months later the primary. Do UCSF screen the secondaries ? I received secondary late October and complete date is 10/25. I live in West Coast and this is one my top school . Will UCSF review my late application :(

i was complete early november bc i got the secondary super late - has anyone with a late october, early nov received an II yet...i think i saw an oct 19?

people who got II so far, when were you complete ? trying to get a gauge on where they may be at in their cycle and when (if at all) ill get an II lol

i was complete early november bc i got the secondary super late - has anyone with a late october, early nov received an II yet...i think i saw an oct 19?

people who got II so far, when were you complete ? trying to get a gauge on where they may be at in their cycle and when (if at all) ill get an II lol
R u IS applicant ? May be IS applicant may get quick review and II for late secondary . Just my thoughts.. I am OOS

would interviews in early November get a decision in December you think?