About the Ads
Mar 8, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Not for at least another month. I believe they said we'd hear back sometime in January at my interview day.

I think for people interviewed earlier (late Sept - Oct) will hear in the mid-December and those interviewed later (Nov - Jan) will hear in the mid-January. That's what UCSF did for ~past 10 years and I don't think any delays are expected amid the covid-19.

Dec 23, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I think for people interviewed earlier (late Sept - Oct) will hear in the mid-December and those interviewed later (Nov - Jan) will hear in the mid-January. That's what UCSF did for ~past 10 years and I don't think any delays are expected amid the covid-19.
I wonder what it'll be for me cause I interviewed nov 3!

Apr 11, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Oh, interesting, I interviewed first week of October. Maybe I'll hear in December, then.

About the Ads
Mar 8, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
If you interviewed early October and they told that you you'd hear back January then the soonest anyone will hear back is prob January. The adcom said on your interview date that January is the soonest to hear back?
They told my interview group acceptances start mid December. MSAR says acceptances start Jan 4th if that matters
@Sockomockey says mid December. Btw my interview day was the earliest (late September), and we didn't hear at that time anything about the decision timeline. MSAR says Jan 4th but the UCSF website says December. Usually, the website gives more reliable information than MSAR does so I think it will be mid-Dec for my interview date.

Apr 11, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
If you interviewed early October and they told that you you'd hear back January then the soonest anyone will hear back is prob January. The adcom said on your interview date that January is the soonest to hear back?
It was more that they said we'd "probably" hear back early/mid January. Maybe they gave a conservative estimate on purpose. I suppose it doesn't matter much - all I can do is wait in either scenario.

Reactions: pinkhighlighter
Apr 13, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
@Sockomockey says mid December. Btw my interview day was the earliest (late September), and we didn't hear at that time anything about the decision timeline. MSAR says Jan 4th but the UCSF website says December. Usually, the website gives more reliable information than MSAR does so I think it will be mid-Dec for my interview date.
I interviewed 10/3! I believe they said the earliest we would possibly hear is mid December, they def didn't make any promises though

Reactions: wstand
Dec 23, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hmm... that seems to be a tricky date haha! I have no idea about how the admission process works but could be either Dec or Jan? Can't wait any loner to hear the decision o_O
Yes! haha i looked back at the 2019-2020 UCSF thread and people who interviewed early november heard back in december only if their interviewers submitted an evaluation in time... praying my interviewers did that!

About the Ads
Sep 29, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I know I shouldn't be attached to a single school since it's such a crap shoot, but it's so hard to be excited about interviews anywhere else when this school has been my dream school for years that perfectly fits my interests, is near home, has a ton of my friends and my SO, and hasn't sent me a II :'(
When were you complete? I’m in a pretty similar boat, super close ties but it’s ok!

• Love
Reactions: spottedcory
Feb 20, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I know I shouldn't be attached to a single school since it's such a crap shoot, but it's so hard to be excited about interviews anywhere else when this school has been my dream school for years that perfectly fits my interests, is near home, has a ton of my friends and my SO, and hasn't sent me a II :'(

Yeah, from what it seems like, they were getting to the secondaries submitted during the first week of September. And honestly, if you submitted the app earlier in July or August you've clearly not been rejected and are still in the running. Wouldn't worry till January, good luck to all of us!

• Love
Reactions: spottedcory
Mar 8, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So is UCSF mcat blind for post-ll decisions or nah? This has been a debate on this forum but do we have a consensus?

The question I want to ask first is how many people got IIs without any MCAT score. If most people have MCAT score available anyway, they will probably consider it as a selection factor but at the post-II phase regardless of this year's special circumstance amid pandemic, MCAT might be just one of many other factors...

May 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So is UCSF mcat blind for post-ll decisions or nah? This has been a debate on this forum but do we have a consensus?
I think the general thing I've seen online is that they're mcat blind for giving IIs, but they'll use it if it is there for post-II decisions.
In the interview they explained that the entire application (including MCAT) will be available to the committee at the time of decision.

May 21, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So did they use our mcat scores for interview decisions? Or it was blind but now after ll they will see it?
i know they say they are mcat blind for interviews, but are they actually? if they use it for the final decisions, it seems as though it isn't helpful for them if they do that??
we were told that the MCAT was completely blind for interview invites and will ONLY be available at the table when the committee meets at the time of admission decision. Don't know what motivation they would have for lying about this. It's not a money grab as UCSF is fairly selective for secondaries, and extremely selective for interviews.

When it comes down to transparency for the final decision, I think UCSF prides itself on diversity more than stats (still being a strong institution but not as stats obsessed as other T10 programs). The MCAT, now and in previous years as well, has less bearing on your decision than you think (once you pass a certain threshold score I would assume). This can also be supported by the data provided through MSAR (a pretty good wide distribution 10th percentile= 511, 25th=514 Median= 518....) Sooooo the best way I can explain it is that UCSF's plight to fulfill their mission of diversity overrides metrics and leads to a good distribution of stats.

When I say diversity this is not limited to ethnic or economic diversity but also encompasses diversity of experiences (non-trads, career changers, trads...)

Long story short, If you have made it to the interview stage and your MCAT is reasonably good this should not hold you back from admission.

edit: disclaimer, these are just my observations and predications not end all be all. I'm just a premed like all of you after all.

• Love
Reactions: pinkhighlighter

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads