2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R this evening. Complete 8/4, ORM, OOS, LM>80. GL to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the pre-II R this evening. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre II R earlier today. Complete 8/20. It’s all good. Onward and upward. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I signed up for 12/7. The only other date I saw was early-mid January (don't remember what that date was).
Yay congrats! Wow I’m surprised they’re still scheduling for 12/7. I believe people invited at the end of September were scheduling on that date too.

Yay congrats! Wow I’m surprised they’re still scheduling for 12/7. I believe people invited at the end of September were scheduling on that date too.
I was surprised too! I wonder if some people declined IIs after getting As elsewhere, opening up some 12/7 dates?

It almost seems like with actual interviews, they are on par/slightly faster than last cycle but with actual decisions, its so slow. Do yall think its because they need to review VITA?

It almost seems like with actual interviews, they are on par/slightly faster than last cycle but with actual decisions, its so slow. Do yall think its because they need to review VITA?

I hope not —- I feel like I did terribly on VITA ... I’m still cringing about it omg

On a real note though, I was looking at last year’s thread, and I saw a lot of A’s for Oct/Nov interviews came in Jan/Feb and A’s for Dec interviews came in March/April so I don’t think it’s that much slower?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from VITA and am confused.... does this need to be scheduled or can you take it whenever you want?

I got an email from VITA and am confused.... does this need to be scheduled or can you take it whenever you want?
Have you already done a VITA interview? I think UCLA has a timeframe to complete it but you can take it anytime during that timeframe. I already did a VITA interview before getting a UCLA II so I didnt need to worry about it

Have you already done a VITA interview? I think UCLA has a timeframe to complete it but you can take it anytime during that timeframe. I already did a VITA interview before getting a UCLA II so I didnt need to worry about it
I believe it's within 2 weeks of the invite. It says on the "Virtual Interview Candidate Guide" attached to the email they send you.

Edit: dang it I quoted the wrong person haha oops.

I haven't! My other schools don't require it.

Thanks for letting me know!

I believe it's within 2 weeks of the invite. It says on the "Virtual Interview Candidate Guide" attached to the email they send you.

Edit: dang it I quoted the wrong person haha oops.
Thank you! Just got confused because the VITA email said they would send a separate email with my interview link, but that I can also start the interview from that email. A bit weird!

Dang, I really hoped some A's were going to go out today.

Just got an A... shaking...

Edit: For those who will ask, interviewed 8/24, high stats LM >75, good story.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Can't believe this is real! I also got an A!!! interviewed 9/25, OOS, with high balanced stats

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
A, 9/15 interview, seems to be a flood of them today.

Edit: In case anyone gets the email without the phone call, they ended up calling me the next day.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
AHHHH so many As! Congrats to everyone! So exciting.

Edit: if anyone wants to chat about DGSOM I’d love to connect :)

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Did Dean Lucero call, and how do you think y'all did on your vita?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! Completed II 9/24, got an interview invite 11/5, will interview on 12/7!

How did y'all prepare for the interview? And for those who have already interviewed, what should I expect for the interview day? Lastly, I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations for the interview day!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
II just now. Applied MSTP and got rejected but application was rerouted to MD only. Guess that actually works sometimes? lol

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Did Dean Lucero call, and how do you think y'all did on your vita?

Also interested in hearing how accepted applicants felt about their VITA!

Thought my VITA wasn't that good to be honest. My two As (UCLA) included are from VITA schools. Perhaps I was a bad judge of my own performance or the schools didn't mind too much about it.

To echo what most are saying here- I didn’t feel too great about my VITA. Or at least felt like I could’ve done a lot better. I bet they’re probably pretty lenient given the odd one-way video format. Seems more like a screening tool than something more heavily weighted in decision making.