2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any 9/11 interviewees reported hearing back? From what I could tell looking at past pages, it doesn't seem like it. Also, does anyone know if UCLA sends post-II Rs immediately or do they wait until the end of the cycle and send them all at once some time in the spring?

Members don't see this ad.

Have any 9/11 interviewees reported hearing back? From what I could tell looking at past pages, it doesn't seem like it. Also, does anyone know if UCLA sends post-II Rs immediately or do they wait until the end of the cycle and send them all at once some time in the spring?
They dont send post-II Rs until march

Any Pre-II Rs lately? I feel like my app is just lost in a pile somewhere, waiting to be rejected.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who got an II at the beginning of November get info on the brown bag seminars yet? Are those still a thing?

Soooo who else is assuming that if you haven't heard back yet after interviewing in August, you've been rejected? Lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Soooo who else is assuming that if you haven't heard back yet after interviewing in August, you've been rejected? Lol.

Yeahh... that’s what I’m thinking unfortunately! Interviewed 8/31 but who knows! There might be more of us

On last year's thread, there were people who interviewed in August getting accepted in December and January. I don't think UCLA's decisions go by interview date, but of course I could be wrong

Yeahh... that’s what I’m thinking unfortunately! Interviewed 8/31 but who knows! There might be more of us
Well, you have a better chance than those of us who haven’t heard anything after submitting our app. Don’t sell yourself short.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they probably just want to get a better idea of all candidates. I expect a loott of As to come in January

I think they probably just want to get a better idea of all candidates. I expect a loott of As to come in January
I think that might be the case. They said a similar rationale for Geffen and other scholarship awards, waiting to have a better idea of what their incoming class is looking like.

There are people last year who interviewed in aug/sept, got silence until feb, then A+geffen lol UCLA is just really random

There are people last year who interviewed in aug/sept, got silence until feb, then A+geffen lol UCLA is just really random

That gives me a lot of hope!!! I didn’t look at last year’s thread and just assumed they went chronologically.
Damn tho, Aug to Feb wait is rough...

Just FYI y'all:

If you haven't received an II or a secondary yet, I was told that as long as you didnt receive an R, you're still in consideration--even this late.

IMG_0797.png

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi all! I am still having a hard time understanding from the thread exactly how to look at my PRIME-LA interview. If I received an interview for PRIME-LA, what are the possibilities? Clearly, accepted to PRIME-LA is one, and rejected completely is another. However, is a possible outcome that I receive a rejection from PRIME-LA but an acceptance to just UCLA?

Hi! I interview this week and any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :)

I was moved from MSTP consideration to MD only consideration in Mid September... Any ideas of the likelihood I get a II?

Probably low right 😭

I was moved from MSTP consideration to MD only consideration in Mid September... Any ideas of the likelihood I get a II?

Probably low right 😭
Higher than mine still in limbo from prime consideration with interviews already filled

• Care
Does anyone know if it's ok to take VITA a little bit after the 2-week period after the II email?

Does anyone know if it's ok to take VITA a little bit after the 2-week period after the II email?
What do you mean by a little bit? Since ucla seems to be one of the few that seems to have a strict deadline for VITA, I suggest trying to get it done in any way possible before the 2 weeks are up

What do you mean by a little bit? Since ucla seems to be one of the few that seems to have a strict deadline for VITA, I suggest trying to get it done in any way possible before the 2 weeks are up
Like a few days. I have until Wednesday for the 2-week deadline.

Like a few days. I have until Wednesday for the 2-week deadline.

Yeah I would also recommend doing it within the 2 week period, or email them and let them know if there are any exceptional circumstances. You wouldn’t want to just miss the deadline and not tell them, it could definitely be a negative on your file. Disclaimer: Idk it’s just my opinion

I agree with @nycccpremed, we dont know how post II decisions are made and you dont want a "doesnt follow directions" as the reason to why you didnt get that A

Anyone else still waiting on II? I was complete mid-Sept and haven't heard anything

Probably low right 😭
It's possible - two of us on this thread got IIs a little over a week ago after being moved from MSTP to MD only. Not sure how late they are going to keep interviews but at least it seems like they weren't just saying we were still under consideration to be nice haha. Good luck!
FWIW I just emailed admissions about this and they said we have two weeks from whenever we get the VITA link, not the email from UCLA.

Background: I got a II the Friday before Thanksgiving, they usually send VITA links on Thursdays but skipped bc of Thanksgiving, so I won't even get the link until after the 2 weeks from the II is up. If you are in similar circumstances, I'd recommend emailing at least so they know you didn't just ignore for no reason.

Reactions: 3 users
PRIME interview counts for both. If you apply PRIME and receive a regular interview invite I would assume it is because you have been passed over for the PRIME program (I think this is a very rare scenario however)...

But Drew UCLA and Geffen UCLA are different schools and admissions and will have two separate interviews...
The PRIME-LA interview only counts for the PRIME-LA program. DGSOM sends separate interview invitations from PRIME-LA. They do not communicate who they send invites to or reject. Think of it as a completely separate process. People can get an interview invitation to both program or an interview from one and not the other.

Hi all! I am still having a hard time understanding from the thread exactly how to look at my PRIME-LA interview. If I received an interview for PRIME-LA, what are the possibilities? Clearly, accepted to PRIME-LA is one, and rejected completely is another. However, is a possible outcome that I receive a rejection from PRIME-LA but an acceptance to just UCLA?
Hi there, PRIME-LA and DGSOM screen and review applicants separately.
To answer your question, you can get an interview invite from PRIME-LA and an interview invite from DGSOM. They don't communicate with each other so if you got one from PRIME-LA it does not affect your changes of receiving one from DGSOM. They are also on their own independent timelines. You can get rejected from PRIME-LA and get an acceptance into DGSOM if you received an interview invite and acceptance from DGSOM. During the interview process, they're separate but after acceptances, they are a unit.

The PRIME-LA interview only counts for the PRIME-LA program. DGSOM sends separate interview invitations from PRIME-LA. They do not communicate who they send invites to or reject. Think of it as a completely separate process. People can get an interview invitation to both program or an interview from one and not the other.
Thanks for the clarification! I guess it didn’t make too much sense to me to have an applicant interview twice for the same school and just different programs. But if it works for UCLA it works lol!

Don't know if this happened to anybody else just now, but just got an email saying that they sent me a secondary in error and will be refunding me for it. But a month earlier, I received a post secondary rejection. Now I have no clue if they actually reviewed my secondary, but glad I will get getting a refund. Thankfully DGSOM and Drew have completely separate apps 🙏

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Raise your hand if you had yet another heart attack because of the DGSOM Brown Bag Seminar email! ✋

• Haha
Reactions: 27 users
Received a II! Complete 10/29. Does anyone have any interview tips?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
MSTP SST II this morning! Any other SST interviewees here?

• Love