2020-2021 Universidad Central del Caribe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Universidad Central del Caribe

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything from this school? Unsure if they have a secondary application because the website mentions an additional processing fee but not much else

Has anyone heard anything from this school? Unsure if they have a secondary application because the website mentions an additional processing fee but not much else
Haven't heard anything. I think they start in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard anything yet? I’m still waiting and my application is complete & verified :/

I haven't received mine yet- are there actual questions to fill out?
It’s looking like a mini version of the primary where you have to fill out biographical info, input MCAT scores, the schools you’ve attended that type of thing. There are also 3 slots to mention extracurricular activities and briefly describe them (similar to AMCAS most meaningful activities I assume). No essay questions though

It’s looking like a mini version of the primary where you have to fill out biographical info, input MCAT scores, the schools you’ve attended that type of thing. There are also 3 slots to mention extracurricular activities and briefly describe them (similar to AMCAS most meaningful activities I assume). No essay questions though

This is new. There were no sections to fill out but you had to send a copy of official transcripts and the processing fee. I suppose thigns are changing, and hopefully for good.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone

Fourth-year student here happy to answer questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates? I received a letter that they will start calling for interviews mid-Nov.

This school accepts mainly OOS right? I'm debating on whether or not I should apply. According to MSAR they don't really interview many students without PR ties.

This school accepts mainly OOS right? I'm debating on whether or not I should apply. According to MSAR they don't really interview many students without PR ties.

In my class we have a handful out of ~65 from OOS. I would say ~20-30% came from universities in the continental US but had ties to PR. UCC, Ponce and SJB will consider OOS compared to UPR which virtually accepts no OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard back from this school? They sent out an email a while back saying that they would start calling for interviews at the end of November.

Has anybody heard back from this school? They sent out an email a while back saying that they would start calling for interviews at the end of November.
Nope. I haven't heard anything. Hopefully, we hear something soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Greetings Colleagues,

Does anyone know the MCAT Minimum accepted for II? Anyone knows the range of past accepted students?

Vale

Greetings Colleagues,

Does anyone know the MCAT Minimum accepted for II? Anyone knows the range of past accepted students?

Vale
Their website says their MCAT requirement is a 495 at minimum and the median MCAT for matriculated students is a 497 as per the MSAR

Greetings Colleagues,

Vale
Can confirm I know a couple of people as well who were accepted with a 495. If you match the cutoff you have a chance of getting in even if it's lower by conventional standards

Received an Interview Invitation! Be on the lookout y'all!

Does anyone happen to know if the virtual interviews are open or closed file?

I was interviewed already. It was in an MMI format. Website also says that interview is in MMI format with different “stations”. Check MSAR!
I was also interviewed. I agree UCC are MMI. I thought I was in the SJB thread. SJB interview this year are not MMI as they used to!! sorry and good luck to everybody!

I received an interview invite today! Maybe some of you guys get yours too! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
(127/122/126/128)
Screw CARS. WhATs iT eVen MEasUrinG? A lot of people taking it don’t even speak English as their first language so off the bat is already a bit unfair.

Imo that’s a good breakdown, 127 in C/P and 128 in P/S is like ~70 percentile in thise sections? So congrats and I hope you get an acceptance soon!

Yes! Screw CARS! 😂 I studied so much for it!

Thank you! Yes, 127 and 128 are 76% and 79% percentile, respectively.

How is your cycle going?

Screw CARS. WhATs iT eVen MEasUrinG? A lot of people taking it don’t even speak English as their first language so off the bat is already a bit unfair.

Imo that’s a good breakdown, 127 in C/P and 128 in P/S is like ~70 percentile in thise sections? So congrats and I hope you get an acceptance soon!

Yes! Screw CARS! 😂 I studied so much for it!

Thank you! Yes, 127 and 128 are 76% and 79% percentile, respectively.

How is your cycle going?
Super slow. I also applied to a few schools in the states but I submitted my secondaries late as hell, and my GPA is under 3.00 (I worked during my BA and didn’t balance that out well).

I think my only real shots are UCC, SJBSM or Ponce. And that I’m going to probably get waitlisted before any A comes my way😅

I just saw your post on Ponce, you have an amazing mcat. You have the chance of getting into a medical school over here. Have faith , remember it only takes one school to accept you to get that MD. If you get any chance to interview, sell the hell out of yourself and explain to them how you are a better student than before. I wish you the best of luck, fill me in on any updates. Good luck!

Super slow. I also applied to a few schools in the states but I submitted my secondaries late as hell, and my GPA is under 3.00 (I worked during my BA and didn’t balance that out well).

I think my only real shots are UCC, SJBSM or Ponce. And that I’m going to probably get waitlisted before any A comes my way😅

I just saw your post on Ponce, you have an amazing mcat. You have the chance of getting into a medical school over here. Have faith , remember it only takes one school to accept you to get that MD. If you get any chance to interview, sell the hell out of yourself and explain to them how you are a better student than before. I wish you the best of luck, fill me in on any updates. Good luck!
Thank you! I appreciate those words.

Has anyone heard back from this school after interviewing in January? If so, how?

They initially stated they would notify applicants after 3 weeks but still haven’t heard anything.

Hey! They told me in my interview that decisions could be send out in 3 to 4 weeks. So, assuming you interviewed on January 22 , your decision MIGHT come this Friday(February 19) or next Monday(February 22).

Has anyone heard back from this school after interviewing in January? If so, how?

They initially stated they would notify applicants after 3 weeks but still haven’t heard anything.

Hey! They told me in my interview that decisions could be send out in 3 to 4 weeks. So, assuming you interviewed on January 22 , your decision MIGHT come this Friday(February 19) or next Monday(February 22).
Yeah, they were just unclear on what 3-4 weeks would look like. I'm just so nervous!

Buena suerte! Hopefully, we'll see each other in Bayamon!

Thank you!

I know that you have to be super nervous! But at least try to find confort in the fact that you are close to knowing. Keep me updated on the process, te deseo éxito!

Yeah, they were just unclear on what 3-4 weeks would look like. I'm just so nervous!

Buena suerte! Hopefully, we'll see each other in Bayamon!

I interviewed with them on January 8th and still have not heard back.