2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stardew valley is truly addicting. 11/10 would recommend.
I guess as we’re sharing recs to pass time I’ll add don’t starve together to the mix.
Also I wonder if adcoms read this thread, they must be wondering wtf is our incoming class doing talking about Sims 4 and beer instead of getting in :p

Hey, over on the Toledo thread we have a page or two dedicated to favorite cheeses.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Did your II give you a date/time?

Yes. They conduct a separate "welcome session" prior to the actual interview. I registered for the welcome session and separately confirmed my interview date and time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a good chance that if you interview here you’ll get accepted? I’m still a bit nervous

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Complete in late July and haven't heard anything. Sad boy hours

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Is there a good chance that if you interview here you’ll get accepted? I’m still a bit nervous

Flex aside, it appears that, at least statistically (see above), about 3/4 of interviewees are accepted. Not sure how COVID impacts this, e.g., increased interviews. Also, curious as to how soon after interviewing the school notifies. Anyone who already interviewed have info on this?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed this week.....super relaxed and lucky that the interview was very conversational. No hard questions, no ethics questions. They just asked about the interesting parts of my app and how I would incorporate OMT in my future practice. Compared to my other interviews, UNE by far had the friendliest cohort of student reps and faculty interviewers.

Reactions: 5 users
Flex aside, it appears that, at least statistically (see above), about 3/4 of interviewees are accepted. Not sure how COVID impacts this, e.g., increased interviews. Also, curious as to how soon after interviewing the school notifies. Anyone who already interviewed have info on this?

Their goal is to get their decision to us 4-5 weeks after the interview. I would expect maybe 5-6 weeks just to account for the pandemic and all the extra work adcoms have been tasked with.

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if the school accepts pre-II nonacademic updates?

I believe, per the school’s website, that only academic updates are accepted prior to January 2021. There may, however, be exceptions to this policy if submitted in close anticipation of an interview. I would just ask. Admissions has been very responsive.

ah no flex intended. This school has been my top school since before I was applying. I’d be going here if I get in due and I plan on targeting residencies in NE so I’m a bit nervous about this interview in particular

II just now! Complete 9/9 super excited except the email doesn't give me a time/date for the interview but asks me to confirm it.. has this happened to anyone else?

Hi, I had that problem too! I emailed [email protected] and they told me that they had a glitch in their system when sending them out. They then resent me the invitation with the time and date. I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I had that problem too! I emailed [email protected] and they told me that they had a glitch in their system when sending them out. They then resent me the invitation with the time and date. I hope this helps!

Yes thank you! I did the same thing and they responded this morning so its all set now! Best of luck to you!!

When were the first interviews? has anyone gotten a decision yet?

Have they started sending out pre-II rejections yet?
I don't think anyone on this thread has reported getting rejected pre-II yet. I've been complete since around mid August and nothing but I am not that surprised given I have zero ties to Maine or New England or even the East Coast for that matter lol

I don't think anyone on this thread has reported getting rejected pre-II yet. I've been complete since around mid August and nothing but I am not that surprised given I have zero ties to Maine or New England or even the East Coast for that matter lol
I think the only rejections have been from unsatisfactory pre-requisites

is it too late to send a primary to this school? LM: 61, strong EC/personal story

I emailed them and their response was that they don't take nonacademic updates until January 2021! Prior to that, you can send your updated transcript to AACOMAS and then they'll get the updated grades

is it too late to send a primary to this school? LM: 61, strong EC/personal story
If money is not a concern, then just go for it. Hope for the best but don't expect anything. A lot of people here have been complete for months and have stellar ECs and solid essays and still haven't heard anything.

Hi everyone, has anyone been accepted yet? If so what was the turn around time between interviewing and hearing the good news? (Also congrats!)

Just received an acceptance a few minutes ago via email. I interviewed 10/15!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
HUGE DEAL! Congrats! Do you mind sharing what your interview was like/how long it was/ how many people interviewed you?
Thank you! The interview is 3 interviewers (a student, a DO, and a faculty member) and it lasted about 30 minutes. I would describe it as conversational, though it's always a little more stilted when it's three-on-one, in my opinion. They took turns asking questions, some about my application and some more that were a little more abstract. UNE emphasized throughout the process that they wanted the interview to be laid back, and that is the impression I got personally.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Super happy interviewed on 10/13

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today. Interviewed 10/15. I'm turning it down so hopefully my spot goes to an awesome aspiring physician. Good luck everyone! This seemed like a great school.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
that's a record turn around time! They were saying like 5 weeks

Complete as of 7/6. Mcat went through as of 8/27. No response or anything yet. Anyone else? Is this a silent R?

Complete as of 7/6. Mcat went through as of 8/27. No response or anything yet. Anyone else? Is this a silent R?
Complete 7/1; haven't heard a thing. Don't stress - It's early and there have been quite a few curveballs this cycle already.

• Care
Anyone with a <505 MCAT get accepted?

Hi Hi! I am scheduled for an AM interview, but was wondering what time the PM interview starts? I have been taking a lot of time off work for interviews and I was hoping that one might start closer to the end of my work day

Hi Hi! I am scheduled for an AM interview, but was wondering what time the PM interview starts? I have been taking a lot of time off work for interviews and I was hoping that one might start closer to the end of my work day

interviews are from 10-4:45 I think? 30 min sessions

It seems like a lot of people who have interviewed so far have been accepted. Has anyone who has interviewed been rejected so far?

Hi all! I'm excited to interview here this coming week. Does anyone know how long accepted applicants have after an acceptance to take the spot or reject? Also, does anyone know what the deposit is like to secure a spot? Thanks!

• Care
Hi all! I'm excited to interview here this coming week. Does anyone know how long accepted applicants have after an acceptance to take the spot or reject? Also, does anyone know what the deposit is like to secure a spot? Thanks!

Deposit is a total of $2,000. My letter states I need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 by December 14 to secure my spot and then another deposit of $1,500 within 60 days of the initial deposit. The $1,500 deposit is refundable until May 1, 2021.
I've been told osteopathic schools have killer deposits and it seems true. My 3 MD acceptances all have refundable $100 deposits.

Reactions: 3 users
Deposit is a total of $2,000. My letter states I need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 by December 14 to secure my spot and then another deposit of $1,500 within 60 days of the initial deposit. The $1,500 deposit is refundable until May 1, 2021.
I've been told osteopathic schools have killer deposits and it seems true. My 3 MD acceptances all have refundable $100 deposits.
Thank you so much!

Hey everyone! My interview is scheduled for 2:10 tomorrow. The email says it goes on all day but doesn’t give a schedule. Can anyone who has interviewed give me some more insight on this?