2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any waitlist movement this week? Or do you think the Admissions Committee is waiting until after May 15th?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s when rules require those holding more than one acceptance need to withdraw from all but one acceptance. See the traffic rules for AACOMAS
That’s when I’ve heard there is a lot of WL movement - does anyone know if this has been true in the past for UNE COM?

That’s when I’ve heard there is a lot of WL movement - does anyone know if this has been true in the past for UNE COM?
If you look at past years sdn pages it seems like there is a lot in the may 20s but some people were taken off the waitlist until july

Thank you! I sent a letter of intent mid February and added two letters of rec
Hey! I’m on the WL and have already sent in LOI but have an academic update I’m about to send in. How did you send in additional letters of rec? Did you send PDFs yourself or have your letter writers send them in themselves? Thanks!

Hey! I’m on the WL and have already sent in LOI but have an academic update I’m about to send in. How did you send in additional letters of rec? Did you send PDFs yourself or have your letter writers send them in themselves? Thanks!
Hiii! I had my recommenders send the letters themselves.

Also, I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone, I hope you all get good news soon!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey y'all, Interviewed with UNEcom 1/19 (I think) and got waitlisted sometime after in like february/march (I think lol).

Got accepted today from the WL. Will be withdrawing my acceptance.

Best of luck this cycle-- remember whatever happens will happen- we're all on our own paths :)

I also was waitlisted in February and was just accepted today but will be withdrawing.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted at the end of February...I just sent another email to the Admissions email to express my interest and resend my LOI - is there anything else to do at this point to help get off the WL?

Congratulations to all those who got accepted today - good luck at the other schools you were accepted! Great to see some movement on the waitlist. Hope to see more movement in the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed!

I was waitlisted at the end of February...I just sent another email to the Admissions email to express my interest and resend my LOI - is there anything else to do at this point to help get off the WL?
I don't think so. I sent an LOI and two updates last year after being waitlisted in February and didn't get in. Looks like there is going to be a good amount of movement though so keep your head up. I interviewed in February this year and wasn't waitlisted until April. Praying more of us hear good news in the next couple weeks.

Sorry just reread your message. Not sure if resending your LOI was the best idea. They already have it on file so it doesn't really add anything to your application. But I doubt it hurts you.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, for people that got off WL today, did you send updates or LOIs recently?
Interviewed Jan 28th, WL a month later and then was accepted a month after that (so Mid-March)

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys expect anyone else to be pulled off the waitlist this week, or should we only expect to hear from them once a week? I was hoping things would move faster, especially if the people that are being pulled off are withdrawing (thank you guys, by the way, you're amazinggg)!
The window to accept and pay deposit is only 3 days so it should move swiftly

To current students, where can we find decent affordable housing?

For those who got off the waitlist, did they give you any hint beforehand. I know other schools call and say you're in the next up list or you're in the top 20, etc or was it pretty random?

For those who got off the waitlist, did they give you any hint beforehand. I know other schools call and say you're in the next up list or you're in the top 20, etc or was it pretty random?
Is there any way we can ask the school this do you think? Or would they not tell us which range we fall into?

does anyone know of a room to rent to a first year med student in/near Biddeford?

Lol there's a document on the New Student Sharepoint that has student housing options listed.
Still waiting for them to acknowledge my deposit so so far I can’t access the New Student Sharepoint, I don’t think

Accepted off the waitlist today! There is light at the end of the tunnel, everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! There is light at the end of the tunnel, everyone!
Congrats! Can you please share
1) when you interviewed
2) when you were waitlisted
3) any actions taken between being waitlisted and now
4) general stats

? :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Can you please share
1) when you interviewed
2) when you were waitlisted
3) any actions taken between being waitlisted and now
4) general stats

? :)
Interviewed 03/09. Waitlisted 04/06. I sent a letter of intent shortly afterwards. MCAT 506, GPA 3.34. Extensive scribing and volunteer experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Did you get any kind of notification before or was it random? I know some schools call/email saying you're in the top 10/20 but some are just random.

Anyone know how full the class is? How many people in the groupme etc.?

I would like to know too. There are 301 people in the facebook group but who knows how many of them decided to go here
There are also a ton of people in the facebook group that are in the Class of 2024, 2023, etc., so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

There are also a ton of people in the facebook group that are in the Class of 2024, 2023, etc., so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.
2024 and 2023 are like 400-450 so i'll take it as a good sign (i know it probably means nothing but this waitlist is making me crazy!)

Does anyone know typically how long waitlist movement occurs? I emailed to see when the bulk of it happens and they only said that it can happen through the first week of class…

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know typically how long waitlist movement occurs? I emailed to see when the bulk of it happens and they only said that it can happen through the first week of class…
wait really? starting a week later and being expected to find an apt, make the move, and catch up on material sounds overwhelming...

wait really? starting a week later and being expected to find an apt, make the move, and catch up on material sounds overwhelming...
Yeah, he said the movement lasts up through the first week. He didn’t say how often that’s the case though. But with UNE being the earliest start date out of all the schools it makes sense that people might get off a waitlist at their dream school that doesn’t start until end of July so they leave UNE after only a few days in class. But like i said idk how often this happens and I hope it’s not a normal thing! I was just hoping that someone might have some insight to when the waitlist movement slows/stops

@anyone who has been accepted: how many people are in the groupme thread?
It seems like that number will be a better indicator of the number of seats taken, compared to the Facebook group

Is it me or does anyone else feel getting off the waitlist is impossible now

• Sad