2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary yesterday and my status says "application under review." Does anyone know how long I can expect to hear back about an interview?

Anytime between now and Christmas is the normal, but who knows this cycle with all these unique circumstances.

Members don't see this ad.

If you attended more than two colleges/universities, explain why. Community colleges are not needed. (1,000 character limit including spaces)

This means I do not need to write anything if the other place I went to is a CC? Just wanna clear this confusion up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: I'm an idiot. Please ignore

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
did you apply 2020-2021 cycle?

Sorry I was mistaken. When I log in it shows 1 active application, and when I clicked on that it gave me the status for my application from last cycle. I don't even see my current app listed there (even though my primary was transmitted/secondary completed and it says 1 active app). What a poor interface

FYI, it appears the earliest day for interview this year is 9/1/20.

Adjust your II expectations accordingly - they may not be going out for a little while.

Reactions: 2 users
FYI, it appears the earliest day for interview this year is 9/1/20.

Adjust your II expectations accordingly - they may not be going out for a little while.

Just wondering where you saw this?

Does TCOM send email with invitation to submit secondary with submission links?

Does TCOM send email with invitation to submit secondary with submission links?
no, both TCOM and TAMU do not send email invitations to submit their 2°.
you have to create your own account on their respective websites and access the 2° yourself.

no, both TCOM and TAMU do not send email invitations to submit their 2°.
you have to create your own account on their respective websites and access the 2° yourself.

I got an email from TCOM telling me how to create an account to access the secondary the day after I submitted my primary

Members don't see this ad :)
Is a DO letter must have for TCOM interview invite?
Here's their wording: "TMDSAS requires that an applicant’s premedical/health professions advisory committee submit a written evaluation directly to the service. Letters from three (3) people who are familiar with an applicant may satisfy this requirement if no advisory committee is available. The letters should be from faculty members and/or an advisor who can assess the applicant’s suitability for medical school. Applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician familiar with the applicant; the physician may submit this recommendation directly to TCOM."

So, not absolutely required like some DO schools.

Is a DO letter must have for TCOM interview invite?

Dr. Kennedy, director of admissions, says a DO letter is not required in the courage session interview with TMDSAS.

Hey new best friends :)

I’m a rising M3 here.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the school, TMDSAS in general, or Fort Worth! I’d love to help out in any way that I can.
Hi,

Could you share what you like most about TCOM? As well as anything notable about TCOM compared to other osteopathic school? I'm working on my secondaries, but TCOM doesn't seem to like to brag about themselves so it's been hard to find unique information about TCOM.

II this morning! My first of the cycle

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning at 9!!! First one lets go!

It say's "Your application is under review" on their portal. Does anyone else's say anything different? Placed on hold or something?

It say's "Your application is under review" on their portal. Does anyone else's say anything different? Placed on hold or something?
I have this too! It’s not bad news unless it says “your application has been reviewed,” which at least in the past has correlated with rejection. But I’m not sure if this is still true.

Mine says "your app is in review"

Anybody know if they're still doing MMI type interviews since its all virtual now?

Anybody know if they're still doing MMI type interviews since its all virtual now?

My understanding is that it will be based off the courage session where TMDSAS interviewed Dr. Kennedy.

Can someone confirm whether or not they send secondary invites or if they are the same as TAMU and everyone is to create an account/submit on their own? Thanks!! I am also still waiting on TMDSAS to transmit my primary.

Can someone confirm whether or not they send secondary invites or if they are the same as TAMU and everyone is to create an account/submit on their own? Thanks!! I am also still waiting on TMDSAS to transmit my primary.
they’re the same as TAMU where you can submit your 2° essay before the primary gets transmitted.
once your TMDSAS is verified and all that, they’ll send you a link to their portal w/ login credentials.

Can anyone provide some insight as to what the MMI interview has looked like in previous years at TCOM? Also, is there any information on how this model will be implemented virtually? Thanks!

Has anyone received the email link for the interview invite or does it just show up on the portal only? Can't seem to find the email in my spam/junk.
Yeah I'm a bit confused as well. I have yet to receive an email, but my portal status was updated to "invited to interview" with a message when I expand the link! But, super excited nonetheless, first II of the cycle:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I just logged into my application portal and my status is invited to interview, but I never received an email. I checked my spam folder too. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Got an II email at 11:40, maybe the portal updated before they were sent out?

II today, first for me of the cycle! Super excited! :) I am kinda nervous for the virtual interview tho...

Reactions: 3 users