2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When were you complete? Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still anxiously waiting :(
Thanks! Complete mid-July, LM ~66.

I know for a fact they were still sending out interview invites in December during non-Covid years.... there's still hope all!

Reactions: 1 user
Any acceptances from the 10/23 interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent II? Lizzy M 71 complete end of August no love, losing hope

Have there been any other prematches since Oct 15? Seems like last year they did an initial wave of prematches in Oct then didn't do any more til December

Checked my portal and it says interview invte and that theyll send an email in the next 5 days

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I think 12/4, 12/8, and 12/11. Don't think there was anything much later or earlier, but I can't remember.
Congrats! What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking? And did you get an email or find out on the portal?

Congrats! What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking? And did you get an email or find out on the portal?
3.76 GPA, 520 MCAT, OOS no research but I'd say pretty well rounded app otherwise. Complete in oct.

Last edited:
I still have some time before I apply, but I hope to get into TCOM as my first choice. Do any of you guys have any recommendations to strengthen my chances of getting in? By the time I apply (2022), I will have at least 150+ volunteer hours from a food packaging center for kids in need, tutoring inner-city Dallas children, and helping at an equestrian ranch for disabled children. I just started some clinical volunteering by taking blood pressure for homeless individuals. I have zero shadowing, and it will probably stay that way for some time given the situation. I did work for an ophthalmologist in Irving for about 2 months. GPA is a 3.78, sGPA 3.81. I need to take the MCAT, but I have my letters of rec lined up. Any feedback?

I still have some time before I apply, but I hope to get into TCOM as my first choice. Do any of you guys have any recommendations to strengthen my chances of getting in? By the time I apply (2022), I will have at least 150+ volunteer hours from a food packaging center for kids in need, tutoring inner-city Dallas children, and helping at an equestrian ranch for disabled children. I just started some clinical volunteering by taking blood pressure for homeless individuals. I have zero shadowing, and it will probably stay that way for some time given the situation. I did work for an ophthalmologist in Irving for about 2 months. GPA is a 3.78, sGPA 3.81. I need to take the MCAT, but I have my letters of rec lined up. Any feedback?

You need some kind of experience that informs you of what the day to day of a physician is like. Other than that though you’re looking okay for MD if you score 512-513+. For TCOM, I’d say you’d be competitive if you score 507+. FYI these posts are more appropriate for the WAMC forum

So I submitted my secondary in the middle of August. Ever since, its been radio silence from TCOM. I checked my portal and it still says that my app is under review. Safe to say that my app was rejected?

So I submitted my secondary in the middle of August. Ever since, its been radio silence from TCOM. I checked my portal and it still says that my app is under review. Safe to say that my app was rejected?
From reading many SDN posts, your app could be on hold, or your app may be ranked lower on the priority list for an interview. This possibly means they do not want to reject you yet based on their criteria of admission. It can lead to a rejection or an interview (and hopefully an acceptance!). Do not worry!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if TCOM would accept a letter of interest/intent? I’m sure it doesn’t do much (if anything), but was just curious.

Not safe to say at all. They’ll be interviewing through February

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews are still coming out! Got my II on 11/24!

Is the secondary application closed? I cannot open mine even though i did submit the application

Yes the deadline has passed. Other DO schools not using TMDSAS app may still be open for submission
Yeah I already sent the secondary and emailed the DO letter but didn't receive confirmation. They also wont answer calls

II received! LizzyM 65 complete around late July. Haven't received the email to schedule the interview yet.

Accepted!! 10/30 interview. ORM, LM 66.3.

• Love
Accepted this morning! OOS, interviewed 10/23. So excited!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those accepted this morning!! That is so exciting!!

has anyone who interviewed in November heard back yet? I interviewed 11/6 and I am getting nervous lol

I accepted the seat and received an e-mail. Does anyone know where the general scholarship application is/website? The e-mail says they will open in early Dec.

Also, I had one more question. I had added biochemistry as my future coursework. I will be accepting TCOM's offer and they don't require biochemistry for matriculation. Should I just contact TMDSAS to delete the coursework?

Congrats to those accepted this morning!! That is so exciting!!

has anyone who interviewed in November heard back yet? I interviewed 11/6 and I am getting nervous lol
I'm only one data point, but I interviewed 11/03 and my portal still says "review in progress" haha. Hopefully that eases your nerves a little!

Also, I had one more question. I had added biochemistry as my future coursework. I will be accepting TCOM's offer and they don't require biochemistry for matriculation. Should I just contact TMDSAS to delete the coursework?
Yes you can message TMDSAS for help in changing your course list.

If we didn’t get a prematch today and interviewed in October, should we take that as a sign of not getting in?

If we didn’t get a prematch today and interviewed in October, should we take that as a sign of not getting in?
No, prematch window goes on until 1/31, and rank all schools where you have interviewed for the match. Many can match without having any prematch offers.

No, prematch window goes on until 1/31, and rank all schools where you have interviewed for the match. Many can match without having any prematch offers

Wow thank you for your speedy response - definitely helped my anxiety.
So this stands correct even for schools that are “prematch heavy”?

Pre-matched! Interviewed 9/25, so you never know when it can happen I guess :)

• Love
Wow thank you for your speedy response - definitely helped my anxiety.
So this stands correct even for schools that are “prematch heavy”?
Yes! UTSW is historically known as the TMDSAS school that is the most "prematch heavy," and even they match a few students on match day. Hope isn't lost at all, even for prematch heavy schools. Plus, waitlist movement is a very real thing. So rank your schools, enjoy your life and let things sort themselves. Wishing you the best this cycle. :)