2020-2021 University of South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of South Alabama

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how strict they are about the letter requirements? I only have 2 science letters, not 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to double check - for part F of the secondary, if we're in-state, we don't need to fill this out?

I'm sure this is not the correct place to post this, but I couldn't find any place better. I will be applying for Med School next year and am set on going to USA. I live about an hour away and would like to not move if possible. I've heard that most lectures are recorded now so you don't have to actually go to school many days of the week.

I am wondering if anyone know, realistically, how many days a week you will be required to be at school.

Also, is it possible to do clinical rotations closer to where I live (Pensacola)? The website says that they do rotations in the Mobile area (which obviously makes sense) but it didn't say you couldn't do them elsewhere.

I'm sure this is not the correct place to post this, but I couldn't find any place better. I will be applying for Med School next year and am set on going to USA. I live about an hour away and would like to not move if possible. I've heard that most lectures are recorded now so you don't have to actually go to school many days of the week.

I am wondering if anyone know, realistically, how many days a week you will be required to be at school.

Also, is it possible to do clinical rotations closer to where I live (Pensacola)? The website says that they do rotations in the Mobile area (which obviously makes sense) but it didn't say you couldn't do them elsewhere.
I would go to their website where it details the curriculum, or I would call the Office of Administrations and ask your question, and they will likely answer it or forward your call to someone that can answer that question for you. They are often super nice and helpful.

Has been a month since anyone posted, so here to liven that up. Here's to hoping II's begin flowing in Sept

Reactions: 1 user
So...........
Per post-secondary email (7/15) " The Admissions Committee convenes in September... If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email approximately 2-3 weeks prior to your interview date. All of our interviews are conducted on Wednesdays, September through March."

So theoretically, if interviews start at the end of September, they should start going out this week/next. Fingers crossed, the anxiety is setting in haha

I was accepted at USA and UAB and chose the latter but am here to help if I can. Anyone have any questions for me?

I was accepted at USA and UAB and chose the latter but am here to help if I can. Anyone have any questions for me?

So you are a current student, or do you mean that you were accepted to both this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a completed app email? I submitted my secondary early August and my committee letter was uploaded end of August but I still haven't heard anything. Do they update you when your app is complete and that you are in review?
They do not! I emailed because I was in the same boat. Good ole Delia mustve came through for us both on August 26/27.

Lol Delia sure did! Maybe we'll end up in the same place. Thanks for letting me know! Was worried for a sec that my app slipped through the cracks
Feel free to email and make sure! They are almost as responsive as UAB.

fellow 14 week’er bruh. Waiting on that letter and watching the days pass while everything else was complete was THE most stressful part of all this.

LMAO. I waited 14 weeks for my letter, it was wild.

• Haha
Keeping this thing updated. II today at 10:50am - Complete 8/26. GPA 3.7 MCAT 513. Non-Trad former military with a family. ORM.

Keeping this thing updated. II today at 10:50am - Complete 8/26. GPA 3.7 MCAT 513. Non-Trad former military with a family. ORM.

Finally some action!!! Congrats on the II! I'm assuming you got an email?

Finally some action!!! Congrats on the II! I'm assuming you got an email?
Yepp it’s an email snd they just invite you to accept a zoom call on the calendar. Simple as that.

Congrats! What times were the interview options set for?

Congrats! What times were the interview options set for?
No options! They assign you a time and date. If you want to reschedule you must contact them via email within 3 days.

I received an II on 10/30 for 11/11 interview date. Completed 7/20.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have the secondary prompt for the 20-21 cycle or is it the same as last year?

Called adcom today. They are behind on interviews and acceptances. First A’s will go out Dec 1’ish.

Got hit by like 3 hurricanes in a row.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe someone in my interview group was from out of state but had heavy in-state ties (born and raised in AL but moved after college graduation and worked in another state for a few gap years).

Interview 11/18! Completed 8/25, received interview on 11/05.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I interviewed here yesterday and thought that some of you might be curious about the format. They sent me an email with a personalized schedule about 5 days before the interview. It contained links with information about the school plus the names and background on my two interviewers (both faculty). They had us to login to zoom about 15 before the actual interview day started, I just chilled and played on my phone while I waited for the host to let me in at 9am. There was a welcome from the director of admissions (plus other information about the day/interview process) for about 40 min. They have built in breaks, so I had 20 min to relax before my first interview plus another 20 min break before my second. Both interviewers were incredible nice, came with prepared questions but it was overall pretty conversations. We then had a 45min Q&A current students who were very chill and helpful. Lastly, some closing remarks. It went very well I think. Let me know if you guys have any questions about it!

Just got a status update email where they said the first acceptances are going out after the December 9 adcom meeting. I had my interview on 10/21 (II on 10/6) and was complete on 9/17.