2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm getting really frustrated that I haven't heard back after my Dec 8 interview. They said they'd let us know on Dec 17 and I think they called acceptances that day, but I still haven't heard anything. I guess that means I wasn't accepted, but I would really like to know if it was an R or a WL. Have others heard back from early Dec interviews? Does anyone know when I might?
I interviewed Dec 2 and haven’t heard back. I’m pretty earlier interviewees heard back later than they were told, as it seems USC has been pretty delayed in sending out acceptances. I feel like there’s a good chance some might be hearing back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
CA also had some weird things happen in regards to COVID restrictions right around holiday season. That paired with the political madness were all witnessing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re alittle behind schedule

I interviewed on oct 21 and still haven’t heard back. Does anyone know if they do post II rejections or just waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
was the student q&a worth going to? trying to decide if i should go tomorrow or not...

I got the call this afternoon, I am still processing and figuring out how the hell imma decide.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list email just now. Interviewed 12/1.

Thankful for at least knowing where I stand this cycle. See you guys in April!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any more calls coming in today? I interviewed 12/1, haven't gotten a call or an alternate email yet

I received a call this morning. Interviewed 12/11.
Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Does anyone know how often people get accepted from the alternate list? Trying to determine how hopeless it is lol. Congrats to everyone who got A’s!

Reactions: 1 users
Any more calls coming in today? I interviewed 12/1, haven't gotten a call or an alternate email yet
I haven't gotten a rejection email today either...does anyone know what this likely means? I'm quite tired of being left in the dark.

Does anyone know how often people get accepted from the alternate list? Trying to determine how hopeless it is lol. Congrats to everyone who got A’s!
I don’t know the percentage or the numbers for USC since that info isn’t public
But I do know that last year they had so little waitlist movement that they offered some candidates deferred admission (so some of the seats were already filled before the start of this cycle essentially)

I don’t know the percentage or the numbers for USC since that info isn’t public
But I do know that last year they had so little waitlist movement that they offered some candidates deferred admission (so some of the seats were already filled before the start of this cycle essentially)
Is waitlist better than no response? I’m like not trying to give up hope but getting there

• Care
Is waitlist better than no response? I’m like not trying to give up hope but getting there
from what I know USC does not give post II R’s
My best guess for no response would be either an R or going to be placed on the WL later
I do wish they were more clear about post II R’s, it would save a lot of confusion :/
with WL you at least know you’ll be reconsidered later in May, but the number of spots we don’t know..

Does Keck usually give good financial aid (grants and scholarships)? Particularly wondering about need-based scholarships.

Does Keck usually give good financial aid (grants and scholarships)? Particularly wondering about need-based scholarships.
They’re pretty much known for giving little to no aid. I don’t think they do need based aid at all. There are some merit scholarships given out every year but that’s it really.

• Sad
They’re pretty much known for giving little to no aid. I don’t think they do need based aid at all. There are some merit scholarships given out every year but that’s it really.
Loans it is then, if I get into this school.

Anyone know if there are any interview dates left? Have not heard anything from them since submitting secondary in late August...

Reactions: 7 users
Random question but was the 2025 Keck accepted students facebook group deleted for everyone?

any OOS students complete in late september-october hear back from keck yet?

Reactions: 3 users
do we think people from mid-january interviews will hear back this week? and does keck tend to waitlist people who interview in january?

do we think people from mid-january interviews will hear back this week? and does keck tend to waitlist people who interview in january?
In the info session, Dean Arias said that the committee meets on the Monday 2 weeks from the interview, then calls go out that Thursday. So mid-Jan should be getting calls this Thursday 😬