2020-2021 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any IIs left?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
In the info session, Dean Arias said that the committee meets on the Monday 2 weeks from the interview, then calls go out that Thursday. So mid-Jan should be getting calls this Thursday 😬
I’m mega stressed 😩

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know Keck doesn't allow updates, but what about new grades? Haven't got an II but still holding out hope.

I know Keck doesn't allow updates, but what about new grades? Haven't got an II but still holding out hope.
Unfortunately I think they count transcripts as updates. The way Dr. Arias was talking made it sound like they didn’t want anything after the secondary

Good luck mid-Jan (and possibly December) interviews! May the force be with us today so we can get that A 😌

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Good luck mid-Jan (and possibly December) interviews! May the force be with us today so we can get that A 😌
If an interview was on a Wednesday, is it always 2 Thursdays after the interview we find out if we are accepted?

If an interview was on a Wednesday, is it always 2 Thursdays after the interview we find out if we are accepted?
I believe so! She said she gives out the calls on Thursdays and from past A’s in this thread it seems like that is the case.

edit: I also read in here that if she doesn’t get to finish all the calls in a day, she’ll call on the Thursday that calls will be going out again (i.e. two weeks from today)

Reactions: 1 user
+1 Acceptance. Interview on 01/12. Happy Day! 😁 🙌🏽

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
complete 8/6 have not heard anything! if anyone has updates if they're still sending out iis or anything please let me know.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how late she may be making calls? I find it odd only one person has heard from her and it’s almost 3pm PST

Has anyone else heard anything? I doubt out of this entire group of interviewees (that are on SDN) only one was accepted

Hoping calls or emails still come in later tonight, and if not, tomorrow!
How late would be reasonable to expect a call?
Same here! But the latest to expect a call would be 7ish which I think she had done in the past. Just speculation tho :)

Same here! But the latest to expect a call would be 7ish which I think she had done in the past. Just speculation tho :)
Oh okay so there’s some hope! I just find it odd that only one person has heard back all day.

One that we know of... there could be more
I’m sure there are, but from previous decision release dates there are several people that post their results. So just relatively, there are abnormally few reported acceptances, which makes me think she isn’t done calling.

I interviewed on 12/11 and haven't heard back yet through email or call. i was told that they will call/communicate on one of the thursdays in January. I was wondering if anyone knows how USC does post-II waitlist or R? i just want to know the result :( do USC hold all their post II R till end of april?

Last edited:
I interviewed on 12/11 and haven't heard back yet through email or call. i was told that they will call/communicate one of the thursdays in January. I was wondering if anyone knows how USC does post-II waitlist or R? i just want to know the result :( do USC hold all their post II R till end of april?
Same here, interviewed early December and nothing. I’ve heard they don’t do Rs, just waitlists tho

Same here, interviewed early December and nothing. I’ve heard they don’t do Rs, just waitlists tho
I heard that they hold all R till end of april or something. So I am just wondering if i stand no chance if i don't hear back this month :((( i have W in other schools and will be great to know the results soon.

Same situation also, early December and no waitlist or acceptance. I was hoping to hear back in January but at this time I'm going to send a letter of intent to a school that really likes them because I just don't see Keck being likely anymore. Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
Same situation also, early December and no waitlist or acceptance. I was hoping to hear back in January especially after they said we would hear back 12/17 but at this time I'm going to send a letter of intent to a school that really likes them because I just don't see Keck being likely anymore. Good luck to everyone else!
Yeah, I’m not hopeful about keck anymore. it’s been a while since the interview and I figured if I didn’t hear back by today...

Does anyone know if any calls have ever been made on the Friday following the usual Thursday? I know people have mentioned receiving emails the Friday after.

I would like to second the admission update question. I'm waitlisted and feel obligated to send one unless they explicitly have a policy against this.

I do not see a document upload option within their application portal and some of what was said during the intro session interview day might point to their opposing updates or further communication. So I'm hesitant to send an update without some input from all of your here. Thanks.

I would like to second the admission update question. I'm waitlisted and feel obligated to send one unless they explicitly have a policy against this.

I do not see a document upload option within their application portal and some of what was said during the intro session interview day might point to their opposing updates or further communication. So I'm hesitant to send an update without some input from all of your here. Thanks.
Don’t send an update, Dean Arias is pretty explicitly against updates

any IS complete in September still waiting a decision? Its been so freaking long, and there's been no correspondence. I really hope they let me know asap instead of in March with a R

any IS complete in September still waiting a decision? Its been so freaking long, and there's been no correspondence. I really hope they let me know asap instead of in March with a R
IS complete mid-July 😭

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My GF and I were complete around early September / late August. She got an R around November, I haven't heard a peep.