2020-2021 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just did SOWVI. It is pretty basic and I had a pretty good experience overall. It's just 2 questions. You have unlimited time to think about your response, as well as unlimited attempts. Just mentioning this bc I was initially intimidated by it and kept pushing it off, but its nothing crazy....so relax!!
Unlimited attempts? so you can kind of practice before submitting the final product?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Long accepts letters of interest? This is one of my top schools and I'm starting to get a little discouraged that I haven't gotten an interview invite. I have a family member that attends this school and suggested I send one, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

They do accept LOIs after interviews for sure, I'm not positive about pre-interview though.

For anyone stressing about the SOWVI, don't! It was very easy and low-stress (mainly because you get unlimited attempts to answer questions). Takes no longer than 20 minutes. It's everything bad about VITA, fixed. Honestly wish more schools would do stuff like this.

Reactions: 5 users
I tried to update Long admissions about my publication and they said " Unfortunately we are unable to accept any updates from anyone other than TMDSAS ". does anybody know how to go about this? Do I just update my TMDSAS profile or do I sent a separate email to those that manage TMDSAS.

I tried to update Long admissions about my publication and they said " Unfortunately we are unable to accept any updates from anyone other than TMDSAS ". does anybody know how to go about this? Do I just update my TMDSAS profile or do I sent a separate email to those that manage TMDSAS.
Thats odd, because if you scroll down to the post-interview section HERE it seems like you should just be able to email them. I was thinking about doing the same thing, so I hope we can!

Thats odd, because if you scroll down to the post-interview section HERE it seems like you should just be able to email them. I was thinking about doing the same thing, so I hope we can!

@harmony14 You cannot add publications to your TMDSAS application after submission. You interviewed at Long, correct? If so, @Dadhat99 is right and you should be able to update them based off the info posted on their website. Maybe reconfirm with the contact who declined your update and confirm they realized you were a post-II applicant/send them the reference to website that say you can send updates post-II.

@harmony14 You cannot add publications to your TMDSAS application after submission. You interviewed at Long, correct? If so, @Dadhat99 is right and you should be able to update them based off the info posted on their website. Maybe reconfirm with the contact who declined your update and confirm they realized you were a post-II applicant/send them the reference to website that say you can send updates post-II.

Sorry my bad. the response was from Dell.

Does anyone know how exactly the post-interview acceptances for OOS works? I know it's rolling, but is there a certain time frame after interviews that they send decisions, or around certain dates? Wasn't able to find this info elsewhere, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how exactly the post-interview acceptances for OOS works? I know it's rolling, but is there a certain time frame after interviews that they send decisions, or around certain dates? Wasn't able to find this info elsewhere, thanks!
It really depends on the strategy the school decides to adopt for this application year, which is not always publicly known. Last year, for instance, this school decided to hold almost all admissions offers for the Match (in February). I know you are OOS, but they may have decided to do the same thing this year. More waiting until we see how it plays out this season :)

Reactions: 1 users
It really depends on the strategy the school decides to adopt for this application year, which is not always publicly known. Last year, for instance, this school decided to hold almost all admissions offers for the Match (in February). I know you are OOS, but they may have decided to do the same thing this year. More waiting until we see how it plays out this season :)

On their website's interview process tab for this cycle, they included "We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match". Not sure how this affects OOS as much but might suggest Long will keep same approach as last year. Interview Process | UT Health San Antonio

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how far out ii are being sent right now?

Just gave up my 11/6 interview spot due to acceptances at preferred schools. Good luck to the rest of you waiting! I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 16 users
Just got a call from Dr K with an acceptance! Interviewed on August 21st. OOS, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
when was the last wave of interviews and roughly when did you receive yalls complete email

Got an II but don't know who my interviewer will be. Where does one check?

Got an II but don't know who my interviewer will be. Where does one check?

A couple of days before your interview (I think it was somewhere between 1-2 days prior for me) go login to the long SOM portal. Click the interview tab, then underneath “cycle buddies program” tab will be a tab titled “web interview.” Click that tab, and type your name and date to signify you accept the rules/policies of the interview interface. After, it’ll show you the name of your two interviewers and the time they’ll interview you.

Last edited:
A couple of days before your interview (I think it was somewhere between 1-2 days prior for me) go login to the long SOM portal. Click the interview tab, then underneath “cycle buddies program” tab will be a tab titled “web interview” after you type your name and date to signify you accept the rules/policies of the interview interface it’ll show you the name of your two interviewers and the time they’ll interview you.

Ok good, I was looking over all my emails to see if I'd missed something! lol. thank you :) all the best

I'm OOS and hence won't be participating in the Match. Is it recommended/reasonable to send a letter of intent after my interview (coming up soon)? Since there is no secondary, it seems like Long's adcom won't have very much info by which to gauge one's interest.

PREMATCHED! Just got the call!! Interviewed 8/14, LM70, IS :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Prematched!!! Interviewed 8/28.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Last interview invite I am seeing 10/13. Any one get after that date who are completed after August. Thank you

Pre-matched!!! My first A, I'm so so relieved. Interviewed 10/16

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Yeah, it just means you have to answer more calls politely instead of declining the call or using your unfriendly “is this a telemarketer?” voice LOL

True that LOL, I got a call this morning from an unknown area code and when I called back it kept giving me an error. Extra neurotic

Yeah, it just means you have to answer more calls politely instead of declining the call or using your unfriendly “is this a telemarketer?” voice LOL

Funny story. I missed the call and when my phone history said it was from Houston, I thought it was from McGovern. Kellyanne voice really shocked me. So excited for this school.

Have interview invites for people who were complete in August already been sent out? Has Long moved on to september now ?

Have interview invites for people who were complete in August already been sent out? Has Long moved on to september now ?
Schools don’t go by date of submission, they have lots of choice in how they filter apps. Now that the TMDSAS deadline has passed, they can look over their entire applicant pool and make more decisions about whom to interview. If you are a TX resident your chance of interviewing is better.

Reactions: 3 users
I really wish they would just email. I've extended my vehicle's coverage 6 times already.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
II received today
Complete July 31, LizzyM 75.6

Dates available December 4/11/18

+1. Is the SOWVI really “optional?
I have NO idea, but I'd really love to know.

Also, do you think it's a disadvantage to schedule on the 18th as opposed to the 4th? I have surgery the 3rd and another interview already scheduled for the 11th

"Just did SOWVI. It is pretty basic and I had a pretty good experience overall. It's just 2 questions. You have unlimited time to think about your response, as well as unlimited attempts. Just mentioning this bc I was initially intimidated by it and kept pushing it off, but its nothing crazy....so relax!!"

- Comment from previous interviewee

I have NO idea, but I'd really love to know.

Also, do you think it's a disadvantage to schedule on the 18th as opposed to the 4th? I have surgery the 3rd and another interview already scheduled for the 11th
Choose the date that is best for you, schools realize there may be schedule conflicts. But later if you need to reschedule a date you had chosen, they will only let you change it once so keep an eye on your calendar.

Did anyone else interviewing this Friday 11/13 get an email today reminding them of their interview on 11/6? I'm guessing they copied and pasted the email and forgot to change the date, but just want to make sure...

Did anyone else interviewing this Friday 11/13 get an email today reminding them of their interview on 11/6? I'm guessing they copied and pasted the email and forgot to change the date, but just want to make sure...
That or your interview is next year... Hate to break the bad news bub

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users