2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you still in limbo? I interviewed a couple of days before you and was waitlisted... was wondering if there will be one more batch of As before the 4/30 deadline movement.
Can I ask when you had your interview? I was part of the 2/23 group and haven't heard back yet...is this a bad sign if people from my group already got a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lose hope. No one knows. Lets hope a lot of the admitted students have 10 other admissions and will end up going else where with full scholarships and the admission opens up for those waiting to hear.. :p
Just got the WL... Hopefully I can move off of it 😅

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted. Does anyone know when we have to commit to enroll?

• Love
Wow Congrats, so no news better than waitlisted news... ahh hoping I can get off of the waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to premed, shotty and all the others who got in today. I guess I am out for UVM, I will have to wean myself of this UVM thread and look ahead. Enjoy and bye folks. Good luck to all.
Aren't you also on the waitlist? I guess I'm the same as well, need to look forward sadly.

Yeah, on the WL. I also have an A from another school. I was leaning towards UVM. But it looks like UVM does not like me as much as I like them :cryi:, so instead of just waiting for them to like me, I might as well focus on what I have in hand. I guess I do not have to live in the snow for 9 months in a year... :rofl:. The uncertainty is not good.
I was fully registered to take the MCAT in a month because I hadn't gotten any acceptances until today. The uncertainty is not good but don't lose hope (it isn't even April 15th yet, so much waitlist movement is to come!) congrats on your other acceptance and I wish you the best!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted today but will be declining. Hope my spot goes to one of you guys on the WL. Fingers crossed for everyone. May the odds be ever in your favor.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on all the acceptances... was waitlisted in the previous batch and was hoping to somehow sneak in... but alas, more prayers for a lucky acceptance after April 30th.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
accepted students... has anyone else not heard from financial aid / scholarships? getting close to April 30 and I thought we were supposed to know before we had to decide. I was accepted in Nov...

accepted students... has anyone else not heard from financial aid / scholarships? getting close to April 30 and I thought we were supposed to know before we had to decide. I was accepted in Nov...

I heard from their admissions office that we should be hearing back within the next 2 weeks on financial aid / scholarships.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a scholarship since the 2/25 wave? I’m wondering if any scholarships will actually be included in the FA package since they seem to be individually emailed
negative

Does anyone know how many UVM students applied to match this cycle? I know based on UVM's website that 107 students matched, but I believe the overall class size is ~120 students. Did ~13 students apply to match but not match? Or did some take research years off instead of applying to match this year? I know the match rate overall (across all schools) fell from last year, so wondering if any current UVM students can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did anyone accepted off the waitlist choose the CT campus? Curious if there is any movement with this campus

I went onto myUVM and the student finances page and clicked "View my award" and there was loan offers listed but I never received an email about any financial packages. is this true for anyone else?

I went onto myUVM and the student finances page and clicked "View my award" and there was loan offers listed but I never received an email about any financial packages. is this true for anyone else?

Just checked and saw a loan offer package on myUVM financial aid section as well. I didn't get an email prior to this either.

I received final aid package earlier today. Withdrew my acceptance (and scholarship). Good luck y'all! Hoping my seat goes to one of you :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any idea when recently accepted students will receive a financial aid package?

Any lurking current students - what made you choose Vermont over other acceptances?

Withdrew my A! Best of luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how to get to the "requirements" page? The page where you submit your medical information and then read the student handbook etc?

How'd y'all get access to myUVM?

Any idea when recently accepted students will receive a financial aid package

what are this schools' "choose your medical school tool" requirements? I found online in my acceptance statement that you can only hold one school by April 30th, and they say on their website you need to "Commit to enroll" by July 15.

Is there any April 15th requirement/anything I am missing? Thank you!!

April 15th you can plan to enroll for 3 schools (AAMC wants you to narrow down your choices but I think this is just a courtesy?), April 30th you can only hold 1 school, but you can still be on waitlists.

Edit: See wysdoc's comment below!

Last edited by a moderator:
April 15th you can plan to enroll for 3 schools (AAMC wants you to narrow down your choices but I think this is just a courtesy?), April 30th you can only hold 1 school, but you can still be on waitlists.
I know the CYMS rules are super confusing, so anyone who has more than one offer right now needs to do some important thinking and decision-making.
If you have more than 3 offers in your hands, congratulations, and you need to decide which are your top 3 by April 15.
You might have to decide before knowing your financial aid offer.

@jonniboi, you can hold on to up to 3 schools now, but you can only mark 1 of them PTE (Meaning at this moment, that's the one you plan to enroll in.)
Say school # 2offers you a scholarship, you can change that one to your PTE school.

Only use CTE when you are certain, and not available to use until April 30.

How'd y'all get access to myUVM?
If you just got accepted it might take awhile for them to send it out to you. I got an email asking to register myUVM account.

Does anyone know how to get to the "requirements" page? The page where you submit your medical information and then read the student handbook etc?
NVM...you have to access to OASIS FYI to anyone wondering.

I know the CYMS rules are super confusing, so anyone who has more than one offer right now needs to do some important thinking and decision-making.
If you have more than 3 offers in your hands, congratulations, and you need to decide which are your top 3 by April 15.
You might have to decide before knowing your financial aid offer.

@jonniboi, you can hold on to up to 3 schools now, but you can only mark 1 of them PTE (Meaning at this moment, that's the one you plan to enroll in.)
Say school # 2offers you a scholarship, you can change that one to your PTE school.

Only use CTE when you are certain, and not available to use until April 30.

Thank you for the clarification, yeah the rules are quite confusing. The example provided by AAMC just made it all the more confusing too haha (for me at least)

Its April 15, you know what that means:

1618498960579.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Withdrew my A! Best of luck everyone
how did you withdraw? I can't find it anywhere on the application portal and myUVM. I plan on withdrawing today and I hope my spot goes to someone here!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
As someone who has been on the WL since December, thank you to everyone who is withdrawing early - it's greatly appreciated!

• Care
Anyone know what the max scholarship at Vermont might be? Do they max at half tuition scholarships?

"We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office reaffirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont."

How often do people think we should reaffirm our interest?

"We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office reaffirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont."

How often do people think we should reaffirm our interest?
I would after April 30th, when they'll start looking at the waitlist and evaluating their current class size.

Did anyone see the updated waitlist data on MSAR for UVM? Looks very promising :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I don’t have MSAR anymore. What’s the data looking like?
300-400 waitlisted and 200 accepted off the waitlist. Although I'm not too sure if this is accurate since the class size is smaller than 200

• Wow
I think it could be accurate, they could offer acceptances to people who end up not enrolling. If I understand the aamc traffic rules correctly, after April 30: someone could stay on the waitlist for UVM while being accepted at another school, then receive an A from UVM, and decide to attend the school they originally had an acceptance at. I hope this is the case, I'm on the WL and would love to attend UVM!!

300-400 waitlisted and 200 accepted off the waitlist. Although I'm not too sure if this is accurate since the class size is smaller than 200
I saw this too and thought it might've been a typo

Does anyone know if PTE is required at this school?
required? If you select PTE at another school, after april 30th you could loose your seat at Vermont if you had an acceptance. If Vermont is your only acceptance, then indicate PTE so they know.

I guess everyone who interviewed was put on the waitlist? No rejections? lol I guess based on those numbers ~50%+ of getting accepted? Time to flip a coin.

• Haha
Withdrawing my A and a sizable scholarship. Loved the school but got a better offer elsewhere. Best of luck to you all and I hope someone else gets the scholarship money!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users