2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions might come out?

Members don't see this ad.

If the acceptance call does not mention any aid, does that mean you haven't received merit aid? Or, is merit aid decided at a later time?

Reactions: 1 user
If we got the acceptance call this weekend, does anyone know when we receive an email confirmation and see a change in our portal? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how to schedule the meet the M1's or WashU wednesdays? When I click on them it doesn't show an eventbrite sign up link

If the acceptance call does not mention any aid, does that mean you haven't received merit aid? Or, is merit aid decided at a later time?
I thought in the admissions Q&A, they said they give stuff out after financial aid stuff is submitted and determined. But could be wrong

If we got the acceptance call this weekend, does anyone know when we receive an email confirmation and see a change in our portal? Thanks!
I believe she said the email would come within a couple days. Previously, they have gone out on the Monday following (so it could be today), but I feel like long ago when I scoured the previous year's thread, sometimes it could come on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Also, @ctfldyjbmttsklasnq , I think merit aid calls go out at a different time. My caller did also say that you need to accept the spot in the class to start being considered for aid!

Based on SDN posts, merit aid notification seems to be a separate second phone call 2-3 weeks after acceptance :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance email!!! But never got the call?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the acceptance email!!! But never got the call?
Check if you missed it. Or, I think two weeks ago, some people got the call shortly after the email. Hopefully you get it! I love the call idea. Such a nice and personal feeling to it.

• Love
I see that the call/email combo varies a lot. I got the call and the email came a couple days after the call, while some didn't get a call at all or got the email shortly after the call. In any case, congrats to yall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question: has anyone been contacted by an alumni from ur institution who goes to WashU after the interview? Trying to see something

Quick question: has anyone been contacted by an alumni from ur institution who goes to WashU after the interview? Trying to see something
I got contacted just before my interview, but nothing after.

Hi everyone, I have two questions about LOIs for those of you who've sent one out to WashU already. Would it be alright to just drop it in the portal and call it a day? Also, I addressed it to Dean Ratts but I wonder if that's the right person to make it out to. Thank you very much!

I see that a few people are talking about sending in LOI for WashU. How do they typically view them? I didn’t plan on sending any this cycle, but if WashU likes them, and I like WashU... uwu

• Haha
I just put it in the portal and addressed it to the entire admissions committee
This is what I did too! I think I emailed the admissions committee too a couple days after just in case and got a response from someone in the admissions office that it was added to my file.

I see that a few people are talking about sending in LOI for WashU. How do they typically view them? I didn’t plan on sending any this cycle, but if WashU likes them, and I like WashU... uwu
From previous years and from what they said in my interview, they like to hear from students! I would say they seem to view Letters of Interest positively as long as they're genuine and have good reasons as to why you really want to go there.

I received an MSTP acceptance call last night ~6:30 p.m. CT! The MD admissions committee met yesterday but Brian Sullivan said it could be until Feb 18 before other MSTP admissions decisions are made.
Congrats!! Did he tell you guys that at your interview or on the call?

Congrats!! Did he tell you guys that at your interview or on the call?
Thank you so much!!! Crossing my fingers for you. He told us this at our interview. On my call with him last week he said that the MD admissions committee had met earlier that day and he called me shortly after

II today! complete late july and they have dates everyday on the week of 2/22

Reactions: 6 users
Also got an II, I never thought I'd really have a chance at one so I haven't been following this thread much, so sorry for asking this, but can anyone describe what the interview and/or the virtual response recording thing was like?

Reactions: 2 users
I received an MSTP acceptance call last night ~6:30 p.m. CT! The MD admissions committee met yesterday but Brian Sullivan said it could be until Feb 18 before other MSTP admissions decisions are made.
Hey! I was wondering if you would be comfortable sharing when you interviewed? I interviewed mid January and was wondering when we will be hearing back. Thanks!

Also got an II, I never thought I'd really have a chance at one so I haven't been following this thread much, so sorry for asking this, but can anyone describe what the interview and/or the virtual response recording thing was like?
Kira felt pretty much like VITA (more personalized to WashU, but still just as awkward LOL). The interviews themselves were really lovely! There's one closed-file and one open-file interview, and both of my interviewers were so nice!! I'd treat it like any other interview, the school just wants to get to know you! :)

Hey all! Are any of you December interviewees? Have you heard back?

Hey all! Are any of you December interviewees? Have you heard back?
interviewed first week of december and haven’t heard anything, hopefully we’ll hear something in the coming weeks :)

Kira felt pretty much like VITA (more personalized to WashU, but still just as awkward LOL). The interviews themselves were really lovely! There's one closed-file and one open-file interview, and both of my interviewers were so nice!! I'd treat it like any other interview, the school just wants to get to know you! :)
Thanks for the response! Do you have any tips on how to prepare for Kira?

For the people who got accepted, did any of you send Letters of Intent? I have heard that the school is receptive to these but I just want to see if any accepted student had sent those in?

Accepted MD earlier this evening! Over the moon! Interviewed 10/21, and I sent a letter of interest in early January. So excited to get to meet my fellow accepted students!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks for the response! Do you have any tips on how to prepare for Kira?
So I kinda winged Kira (heh) but honestly, I'd just suggest preparing for it in the same way you'd prep for VITA! Definitely don't stress about Kira too much though, I don't think it holds too much weight in admissions compared to the actual interviews

Accepted MD earlier this evening! Over the moon! Interviewed 10/21, and I sent a letter of interest in early January. So excited to get to meet my fellow accepted students!
Congrats! I apologize for the neuroticism - did you send an email to admissions along with your LOI, or only upload it to the secondary portal? It seems that some are choosing to do both.

Just got the A call! Interviewed late November, sent a letter of interest in January!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! I apologize for the neuroticism - did you send an email to admissions along with your LOI, or only upload it to the secondary portal? It seems that some are choosing to do both.
I uploaded to portal and sent a confirmation email to the admissions office to check!

No biggie! I just uploaded to the portal. Couldn't tell you if it mattered. Lol

Accepted MD today!! Got a phone call from St. Louis!! Interviewed late October :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the A call! Interviewed late November, sent a letter of interest in January!
If this is an actual picture of you, you should change it! Not that it matters cuz you got the A already haha

Do they do silent pre-II Rs till the end of the cycle or have there been pre-II rejections sent out?

Is the "Acknowledgment of Acceptance" on the portal binding? The acceptance email they send makes it sound like you need to acknowledge to receive a financial aid offer, but the statement itself sounds like I am saying "yes I am going here". Thank you in advance, looking forward to meeting fellow accepted students!

Is the "Acknowledgment of Acceptance" on the portal binding? The acceptance email they send makes it sound like you need to acknowledge to receive a financial aid offer, but the statement itself sounds like I am saying "yes I am going here". Thank you in advance, looking forward to meeting fellow accepted students!
No, it's not binding :)
I think only "Commit to Enroll" (and that's not available until April 30th) through the official AMCAS portal is binding

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when the next committee meeting is? This wait has removed any ounce of productivity I ever had

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when the next committee meeting is? This wait has removed any ounce of productivity I ever had
I want to say this Friday based on the fortnightly schedule I've seen mentioned.

Reactions: 3 users