2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? Does anyone know if we will know the name of our interviewer before the actual interview, or will it be a surprise? So excited! 😀
I believe it was a surprise for me (in terms of knowing the name of the interviewer). Good luck on your interview!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? Does anyone know if we will know the name of our interviewer before the actual interview, or will it be a surprise? So excited! 😀
It will be a surprise! Mine gave me an introduction at the beginning of what he does/teaches at the school which was nice to know.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R just now, experiences review complete in October. Super bummed, I really liked this school :/

• Care
Anyone feel like they royally screwed up the phone interview but still got the II? Such a weird experience. I felt so awkward the entire time...

Anyone feel like they royally screwed up the phone interview but still got the II? Such a weird experience. I felt so awkward the entire time...
I did not feel good after the phone interview, but I received an II!

• Love
rejected after an unnecessarily long wait between every phase of the process.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Any news yet for folks who interviewed January 14 and 15?
Not yet! January 8th heard back last week Thursday so fingers crossed the committee is meeting again this week!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed last week and this wait is killing me... Really hoping you guys all hear this week so it's reasonable for me to expect a decision next week! 😂

Anyone else still stuck in Exp Review Completed from Oct-Nov?

Anyone else still stuck in Exp Review Completed from Oct-Nov?
Yeah I'm just assuming that they have been done with phone interviews for a long time. I've already crossed WMed off my list.

Yeah I'm just assuming that they have been done with phone interviews for a long time. I've already crossed WMed off my list.
Right...why not just reject us lol. They've already been handing out pre-II Rs

I’m guessing we’re not hearing anything today. I just stress ordered some new clothes, how are you doing?

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Wondering if any chance folks hear tomorrow or if its next week sometime for 1/14 and 1/15 interviews
I think they typically send decisions on Thursdays but I won’t be mad if we hear back tomorrow!

Received an interview invite 1/20 (3 months post phone interview)! This will be my first 1-on-1 interview, so I would appreciate any insight/advice for those who have already gone through it :) From what I've gathered it's pretty relaxed/conversational and even though I know how to talk I'm still equally as stressed as I would be for a more traditional interview lol

Received an interview invite 1/20 (3 months post phone interview)! This will be my first 1-on-1 interview, so I would appreciate any insight/advice for those who have already gone through it :) From what I've gathered it's pretty relaxed/conversational and even though I know how to talk I'm still equally as stressed as I would be for a more traditional interview lol
Congrats! It's 100% open-file. My interviewer had a few specific questions about my past experiences but it was very conversational, I didn't feel like it was an interrogation, if that makes sense! Nothing a friend wouldn't ask you about your experiences. Then after we were done with those questions, I had an opportunity to ask questions, as well. Honestly, it was my best interview experience, I was smiling the entire time, it was very relaxed :)

I think they typically send decisions on Thursdays but I won’t be mad if we hear back tomorrow!
Don't you think the won't be mad part will really have to depend on what the decision is? Part of me feels like I dodged a bullet today, given that they didn't release decisions...

• Care
Don't you think the won't be mad part will really have to depend on what the decision is? Part of me feels like I dodged a bullet today, given that they didn't release decisions...
The bullet will be the same this week or next week!

• Haha
I just interviewed last week and this wait is killing me... Really hoping you guys all hear this week so it's reasonable for me to expect a decision next week! 😂
They took two months to reject me after my interview last year RIP 😂 I wish you better luck than I had, but it might unfortunately take a hot min

• Wow
I still haven't gotten a phone interview, and I was complete pretty early, I think. I did that skills review thing, too. Are they still doing phone interviews, or is it GG, and they are just being cruel?

I still haven't gotten a phone interview, and I was complete pretty early, I think. I did that skills review thing, too. Are they still doing phone interviews, or is it GG, and they are just being cruel?
I'm in a similar situation too...they've been handing out pre-II Rs so not sure what to make of the whole mess.

Do they still offer interviews? Phone interview early December.

Got an II this morning
phone interview was 11/04 so this was an extremely pleasant surprise!

I know we are required to do VITA but what does the actual interview day entail? are you interviewed one on one?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got an II this morning

I know we are required to do VITA but what does the actual interview day entail? are you interviewed one on one?
Congrats! And yes, it's 1-on-1 for 30 minutes ish.

Got an II this morning

Congrats! When is your interview?

Phone call A came out two hours ago - I was in a meeting and missed it, oops 😅

Edit: let me also add that my II came 8ish weeks after my phone interview, so there really is hope!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
lol got an II after the most awkward phone interview back in mid-Nov.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning! After finishing my phone interview in September I was slowly losing hope, but now I'm pumped! I've only done MMI so far, so I'm glad to hear the 1-on-1 is pretty relaxed!

(WMU is my alma mater so I'm super happy to finally hear back!)

• Love
Congrats!!! 🎉 Did you interview on 01/14? If so, they're cutting it really close to the 3-week deadline... 😂
Thank you and yes 1/14! I am not taking the offer, so here's hoping it gets passed on quickly to one of you :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II early this morning! Took several months to go from completed experience review to phone interview which was offered in early December. OOS, LM 64! Scheduled for late Feb, and very excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone here interview on 1/15 who are slowly losing their mind? Just me? Cool.

Anyone here interview on 1/15 who are slowly losing their mind? Just me? Cool.
i interviewed somewhere on 1/13 and im miserable. but then I see people who interviewed places in October and still haven't heard anything, and I cant even imagine that pain

i interviewed somewhere on 1/13 and im miserable. but then I see people who interviewed places in October and still haven't heard anything, and I cant even imagine that pain
I interviewed 10/2 at one school and won’t hear back until March. It’s torture!

Wellll...it's getting to the 3-wk point for those of us who interviewed on 1/15...should we expect to hear back today or tomorrow?

Wellll...it's getting to the 3-wk point for those of us who interviewed on 1/15...should we expect to hear back today or tomorrow?
I was thinking today because it looks like most decisions go out on Thursdays