2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 1/15

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL AHHHHHH! I cried through the whole phone call, y’all.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
For those who interviewed, was the name of your interviewer disclosed beforehand? Thanks!

Phone call A came out two hours ago - I was in a meeting and missed it, oops 😅

Edit: let me also add that my II came 8ish weeks after my phone interview, so there really is hope!
Stats, if you don't mind.

Anyone know if there is an WMed accepted facebook page or group chat for potential matriculating students to connect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just did the AAMC VITA. My gosh was that uncomfortable. Didn't know where to look lol. I think I did well-ish. I have no idea. It's over with at least.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Those of you who submitted the pre-interview survey, did you receive any confirmation?

Pre-II R. Complete 9/15. Experience review complete 10/23. Didn't get an email, checked portal randomly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also a pre-II R in the portal this morning, no email. Says it was updated around 8:30 this morning.
edit: complete in july, experience review complete in august i think. LM ~66 (low mcat, high gpa)

Last edited:
My portal says MBS Consideration. No email either.

For those who have gotten waitlisted but then accepted, how long did it take for you to be accepted off of WL?

Reactions: 1 user
Same here; do you know what that means?
I am assuming this means you have moved from consideration from the MD program to the Masters in Biomedical Sciences, detailed here: Biomedical Sciences | WMed

There is no other application to the program; based on adcom referral.

I am assuming this means you have moved from consideration from the MD program to the Masters in Biomedical Sciences, detailed here: Biomedical Sciences | WMed

There is no other application to the program; based on adcom referral.
That's kinda brutal to refer MD applicants to a SMP program although I guess you get conditional acceptance to the class of 2026 for MD lol

just got pre-II rejection :/ experiences review complete 10/05

• Care
Took the R today. Main reason I applied was I thought it would be cool to say I went to school in Kalamazoo so they probably made the right choice lol

• Haha
just got the R. have not gotten any ii yet. What should i do? i am waiting for 5 schools replies at this point and have applied to over 10 schools.

Also pre-II rejection, was under consideration for a phone interview since about mid-August. Oh well, another one bites the dust!

just got the R. have not gotten any ii yet. What should i do? i am waiting for 5 schools replies at this point and have applied to over 10 schools.
Honestly, I would start prepping to reapply next cycle. The interview cycle is not quite over yet, but it is getting close. Try to see if the schools that rejected you so far offer feedback on your application about things you could improve. I hope you get in somewhere this cycle though! Good luck!

Pre-II R today through email. Finished experience review 9/23!

My interview is coming up and I had a question. Is the 1 on 1 portion the only actual interview part that I should prepare for? The rest is finding out more about the school and asking questions correct? So just bring a few questions and review my AMCAS to have everything fresh in my mind?

My interview is coming up and I had a question. Is the 1 on 1 portion the only actual interview part that I should prepare for? The rest is finding out more about the school and asking questions correct? So just bring a few questions and review my AMCAS to have everything fresh in my mind?
yep! the 1-on-1 is the only "real" interview part-- also, I will say that doing research on the school and bringing my own questions was useful because they definitely dedicate a good chunk of time for us to ask them

Reactions: 4 users
yep! the 1-on-1 is the only "real" interview part-- also, I will say that doing research on the school and bringing my own questions was useful because they definitely dedicate a good chunk of time for us to ask them
Thanks for the info! Will have questions prepared!

experiences review began 10/6, complete 10/16, Rejected 2/9/21

• Care
Interviewed here on 2/12, unbelievably low stress interview.

Have any 2/5 interviewees heard anything yet?

Are there any M3/M4s I can dm some questions to? I'm trying to decide between WMed and another school

Oh my gosh - just got an II. One available date left. Barely squeaked in there. I'm so pumped! I love this school but had given up on hearing back.

Reactions: 4 users