2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my gosh - just got an II. One available date left. Barely squeaked in there. I'm so pumped! I love this school but had given up on hearing back.
Congrats!!!!! when was the last available day??

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my gosh - just got an II. One available date left. Barely squeaked in there. I'm so pumped! I love this school but had given up on hearing back.
+1 — i had also given up on hearing back bc no update from them since my telephone interview on 9/2... the available date was 3/5 for me

Reactions: 1 user
+1 — i had also given up on hearing back bc no update from them since my telephone interview on 9/2... the available date was 3/5 for me
Wow, congrats! That must have been a long wait. Luckily I just did my phone interview at the end of January. Something must have really made us stand out to get chosen from the entire applicant pool at the end. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congrats! That must have been a long wait. Luckily I just did my phone interview at the end of January. Something must have really made us stand out to get chosen from the entire applicant pool at the end. Fingers crossed!
congrats to you too, and good luck to both of us :)

Should I send a letter of Intent post interview? Or is it better to wait until I hear from them and send it in case I get on the waitlist? Cause I don’t think LOI can change their decisions if they want to reject post interview. But it might help when people are on the waitlist. I also have some updates to share on that Intent letter. Appreciate any suggestions!

Should I send a letter of Intent post interview? Or is it better to wait until I hear from them and send it in case I get on the waitlist? Cause I don’t think LOI can change their decisions if they want to reject post interview. But it might help when people are on the waitlist. I also have some updates to share on that Intent letter. Appreciate any suggestions!
honestly wondering about this too, especially since I also sent a post-interview thank you letter... tbh I feel like a LOI cant hurt you, so I would go for it

honestly wondering about this too, especially since I also sent a post-interview thank you letter... tbh I feel like a LOI cant hurt you, so I would go for it
Did you send a thank you note to your interviewer or the admissions?

Did you send a thank you note to your interviewer or the admissions
Both- I didn't have my interviewer's email so I sent an email to admissions that basically had 2 parts: 1) thanked them for the day/said how excited I was about the school, and 2) a personalized thank you letter for my interviewer. I asked them if they could forward along the personalized thank you for the interviewer and it wasn't an issue.

Last edited:
II this morning! Definitely caught me by surprise since I completed my phone interview 10/20

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete phone interview sometime in December.

Does anyone know how often their committee gathers to send out decisions?

Received a thank you note from Jenn via postal mail after my interview. Really nice touch.

Reactions: 3 users
Just accepted off the WL!! Interviewed 1/22
Congrats! That was a fast turnaround time. Just curious to know if you submitted any update letters/letters of interest since being waitlisted? I already sent a letter before I got waitlisted and am not sure if I should send another letter now since it would basically be repeating whatever I wrote previously

Do they reject people post interview or everyone gets waitlisted?

Recieved II on 2/3, actual interview will be on Friday! I'm doing my VITA this afternoon and honestly I'm more worried about that then the in person 1:1. 😬 🤞

Recieved II on 2/3, actual interview will be on Friday! I'm doing my VITA this afternoon and honestly I'm more worried about that then the in person 1:1. 😬 🤞

The 1 on 1 is way less stressful than VITA is. Good luck this week!

I know it's early but hoping to hear back today or tomorrow 🥺🙏 II on 2/12

• Care
I know it's early but hoping to hear back today or tomorrow 🥺🙏 II on 2/12
Same here. II on 2/12 and have been expecting a rejection email or a call all day. Waiting is the worst. From reading through the forum it looks like if its not today it'll be next week. I didn't see any decisions on Friday but, I could be wrong.

Same here. II on 2/12 and have been expecting a rejection email or a call all day. Waiting is the worst. From reading through the forum it looks like if its not today it'll be next week. I didn't see any decisions on Friday but, I could be wrong.

The 2/5 interviewers heard on Friday, 2/19!! Hopefully we hear tomorrow, but it is usually 2.5-3 weeks from the interview day.

The 2/5 interviewers heard on Friday, 2/19!! Hopefully we hear tomorrow, but it is usually 2.5-3 weeks from the interview day.
That's good to hear. The sooner the better. I hope we hear back tomorrow! Good luck to you!!

Did anyone see their status change on the portal before receiving a post-interview email and/or call?

Did anyone see their status change on the portal before receiving a post-interview email and/or call?
Nope! Nothing that I could detect. If you get accepted, the email and portal changes happen ~15min after Jean's call :)

Is WMed doing both a structured interview and a one-one interview?

Couldn’t sleep last night😅 Hoping us 2/12 interviewees hear something today! Is there any usual time that they call/send the emails?

Couldn’t sleep last night😅 Hoping us 2/12 interviewees hear something today! Is there any usual time that they call/send the emails?
I'm so anxious! I think I saw early in the tread 1:30 but i dont remember what time zone

They have another interview today. So, I am not sure if they will call today.

Do they only call on Fridays? If they don’t call today because of the interview then they won’t call next Friday either cause they have another interview on the 5th which means we will hear earlier than next Friday 😍

Do they only call on Fridays? If they don’t call today because of the interview then they won’t call next Friday either cause they have another interview on the 5th which means we will hear earlier than next Friday 😍
Most decisions come out on Thursdays

Did you guys write handwritten thank you notes or email the admissions?

Just got a waitlist email. II on Feb 12th. Not the news I wanted but, better than a rejection I suppose. Good luck everybody.

• Care