2020-2021 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks that's encouraging! Did you send any extra materials?
I sent a letter of intent.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!! Interviewed 10/17, just got the phone call

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got the call! Any of us unfortunate lads get an email yet? I think some calls can still come out though today

Did anyone accepted get a change to their portal? Or anything...? Like how do we pay the deposit and what not lol

Congrats to those who got the call! Any of us unfortunate lads get an email yet? I think some calls can still come out though today
Wondering the same thing. Interviewed 10/17 and I AM STRESSED

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call an hour ago!! I’m so happy the stress is relieved! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else waiting still... for anything? I officially had everything in as of 7/22. My mcat arrived on 8/27. I have sent an update and Shauna confirmed I’m in review but I haven’t heard anything.

For those who were accepted from the 10/17 interview, when is the deadline to accept our offer? The admitted students' page says it's listed below the 'Reply to Offer of Admission’ link, but I don't see anything below my 'Reply to Offer of Admission’ link.

For those who were accepted from the 10/17 interview, when is the deadline to accept our offer? The admitted students' page says it's listed below the 'Reply to Offer of Admission’ link, but I don't see anything below my 'Reply to Offer of Admission’ link.

12/15

Anyone else waiting still... for anything? I officially had everything in as of 7/22. My mcat arrived on 8/27. I have sent an update and Shauna confirmed I’m in review but I haven’t heard anything.
Submitted my secondary 6/29 and still waiting. You're not alone :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Random question: If you submitted apps to both Western schools, are they considered separate institutions per the application process?

...meaning that you can get rejected from one campus or the other at the same time?

Thanks.

Random question: If you submitted apps to both Western schools, are they considered separate institutions per the application process?

...meaning that you can get rejected from one campus or the other at the same time?

Thanks.
We are seperate schools. You can get rejected from either/both or accepted to either/both. A rejection from one does not mean rejection from the other.

Thanks.

definitely separate. However, if you get accepted at one and pay the deposit at one you automatically withdraw from the other

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 11/7. I know they said it will be 2 weeks for them to get back to so any chance we expect some decisions tomorrow?

I interviewed on 11/7. I know they said it will be 2 weeks for them to get back to so any chance we expect some decisions tomorrow?
I interviewed 10/17 and got my call 11/4, just for a data point. I’m sure it’s possible though!

It looks like from earlier in the thread people generally hear back 2 and a half weeks later which lands on a Wednesday. So most likely people from 11/7 will start hearing back on 11/25.

Interviewed 11/7 and just received the Acceptance call at 3pm today 😊

Interviewed 11/7 and just received the acceptance email and portal update!! No call though.

Reactions: 4 users
I was just wondering if anyone else has this status "Thank you for submitting your online application! Once we verify that you submitted the proper documents and meet all our requirements, we will forward your application to Admissions." I submitted in mid-September and my application checklist doesn't say I'm missing anything. Is this normal, or should I contact admissions to get more info?

I was just wondering if anyone else has this status "Thank you for submitting your online application! Once we verify that you submitted the proper documents and meet all our requirements, we will forward your application to Admissions." I submitted in mid-September and my application checklist doesn't say I'm missing anything. Is this normal, or should I contact admissions to get more info?
They don’t normally send complete emails so if you’re worried I would call admissions for an update. They will tell you if your application has been reviewed or not.

Unfortunately I was placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know the likelihood someone will be taken off the alternate list?

Unfortunately I was placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know the likelihood someone will be taken off the alternate list?

I don't have a clear answer for you, but if I had to guess I would say there will be higher than normal waitlist movement this year due to people being able to attend more interviews. I also know current students who were waitlisted and eventually matriculated so it's not over!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a clear answer for you, but if I had to guess I would say there will be higher than normal waitlist movement this year due to people being able to attend more interview. I also know current students who were waitlisted and eventually matriculated so it's not over!!
Thank you for giving me hope ShottyJames!

• Care
Current OMS II here, the alternate list is rough, typically movement on this list doesn't occur until after March/April and I know someone who was accepted the week school started off the list. I know the list is long and I know there is movement, just not a lot of movement off this list. If this is your top choice I recommend writing a letter of intent and keeping in touch with admissions. You can find out where you sit on the list typically in April/June to know your chances, but stay active with admissions. Good luck!

I was placed on the alternate list last cycle and unfortunately I didn't make it off the list. However, I stayed in touch with admissions, reapplied early this cycle, interviewed in September, and was accepted a few weeks after that. So there is hope!

II just now! First of the cycle!

OOS, MCAT- 514, and GPA- 3.7. I have been keeping up with Shauna and sent a letter of intent yesterday! I'm so freaking happy.

Any current students I can DM? :D Having difficulties deciding between a few schools before my deposit is due next week

Any current students I can DM? :D Having difficulties deciding between a few schools before my deposit is due next week
Fourth year here. Feel free to message!

And that goes for anyone else on here too.

@snowcrawler85 may be better to ask about curriculum things since mine was different, but I can answer overall questions and questions about rotations.

Fourth year here. Feel free to message!

And that goes for anyone else on here too.

@snowcrawler85 may be better to ask about curriculum things since mine was different, but I can answer overall questions and questions about rotations.
Always happy to answer questions and distract myself from studying for my final on Thursday haha

This thread is real quiet! Anyone else interview on Saturday (12/12)? Nervously awaiting Friday lol

Reactions: 3 users
This thread is real quiet! Anyone else interview on Saturday (12/12)? Nervously awaiting Friday lol
I did and am so anxious to hear back! Already accepted elsewhere but would love to go here 😬🙂

Can any 3rd and 4th year students speak to the rotation sites offered? Are they mostly rural areas or a good mixture of urban and rural rotations. Also I understand that it is a lottery system, do you complete all your core rotations at the location that you draw? Thanks in advance!

Can any 3rd and 4th year students speak to the rotation sites offered? Are they mostly rural areas or a good mixture of urban and rural rotations. Also I understand that it is a lottery system, do you complete all your core rotations at the location that you draw? Thanks in advance!
Core sites include: Portland, Salem, Tacoma, Corvallis/Albany/Lebanon, Eugene, Roseburg

So good mix of both. And as far as whether you complete all your cores in one location... that’s obviously the hope and some people are lucky in that everything works out for them that way. But for most people you’re traveling for at least one month, but oftentimes there’s extra bedrooms or couches you can stay on.