2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
which email did you contact? I've been complete since July 27.
I’ve also been complete since July lol, haven’t heard anything since

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed admissions (complete late August) about my status. “Your file is awaiting an internal review (with about 400 other applicants). After review, you could receive an interview invitation up until the class is filled (possibly March 2021).“
Guess I just need to be patient!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed admissions (complete late August) about my status. “Your file is awaiting an internal review (with about 400 other applicants). After review, you could receive an interview invitation up until the class is filled (possibly March 2021).“
Guess I just need to be patient!
I came on here to say the exact same thing! That was the email I got too, word for word. I'm guessing they received a large amount of emails asking for updates

• Haha
If I don't have a secondary at this point (primary in June), is it safe to assume that it's an R?

Should I email the school if I haven't heard back about my interview prospects and I have been complete since 7/31?

Mine is 2 weeks before yours so, I guess, even more curious as to the answer to this question....

I was emailed that I don't have an II at this time due to my low MCAT but I'm still being considered, just got to be patient.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/9, just a got a call from the admissions office saying they wanted interviewees to still be able to talk to the medical students there (since they aren't doing in person interviews) and ask them any questions we may have, so they're going to call me before the end of the week just to chat! I thought this was a really nice idea so I'm excited for the phone call!

If I don't have a secondary at this point (primary in June), is it safe to assume that it's an R?
Hey, I just emailed them as I also did not received a secondary and they said status reviewed-no secondary. They heavily screen. My MCAT is on the lower side :( so it was a pre-secondary rejection. I would suggest for you to email them too! All the best!! Rooting the best for everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! International.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted (via email with letter to follow)! International student, so it was a very pleasant surprise :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted (via email with letter to follow)! International student, so it was a very pleasant surprise :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm also international. And when you were complete.

What is the interview format like at the school?

25ish minute interview with two faculty. They were so nice and the questions were pretty straightforward! The SDN interview feedback page is a great resource.

Reactions: 4 users
Sounds like they are very strict about the English Composition and Literature requirement. Do they reject you based on your English requirement before or after secondary?

Received complete email just now! submitted primary yesterday, received and submitted secondary a few hours ago.

Sounds like they are very strict about the English Composition and Literature requirement. Do they reject you based on your English requirement before or after secondary?

Before. I got an email about my English credits (as they needed a copy of my AP scores as my transcript just shows them in bulk) but that was before I received my secondary.

I did my secondary and they emailed me saying I didn’t meet the English requirement. They told me I can still get accepted but would have to complete the English requirement before July 21st.

Just got the A via email!! Wooo! Never thought I’d get more than one in my wildest dreams.

OOS, Non-traditional, reinvention w/ an OK gpa but 3.8 gpa in my undergrad post-bacc. 510 MCAT with a super weird heavily skewed breakdown (132 CARS, very avg/below avg everything else). PM me if I can help in any way.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Be sure you do your due diligence and read previous threads (class of 2016-17, 17-18 specifically) before you commit here

Just got an interview invite yesterday! Scheduled for 10/16. I was complete on 9/15!

Reactions: 5 users
Applied in August. Sent an email September 30th double checking that I had not misplaced an email from them. Still no reply or word. Absolute silence. :(

• Sad
Applied in August. Sent an email September 30th double checking that I had not misplaced an email from them. Still no reply or word. Absolute silence. :(
I would high key call them, and ask them about your application status! I did that today because I applied in August too, and I was told that they were still in the internal review process! Ask them; they are responsive!

Interviewed 9/9, just a got a call from the admissions office saying they wanted interviewees to still be able to talk to the medical students there (since they aren't doing in person interviews) and ask them any questions we may have, so they're going to call me before the end of the week just to chat! I thought this was a really nice idea so I'm excited for the phone call!
what are your stats? mcat & GPA?

Hi does anyone know if we have to submit casper to this school or not?

has anyone emailed or sent updates post-secondary and received a response? I am trying to decide whether I should reach out to update about the courses I am taking or if I should just wait it out.

has anyone emailed or sent updates post-secondary and received a response? I am trying to decide whether I should reach out to update about the courses I am taking or if I should just wait it out.
I did. I reached out 3 months after I was complete to get an update and was told I was selected for an interview.

when were you complete? did they send you an email after you submitted your secondary?
I was complete on June 30th and interviewed a few weeks ago. Yes, they send an email indicating that your application is complete and under review after submitting a secondary.