2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything recently?
unfortunately no. Im anxiously waiting for a II from here! Last time I emailed, they gave a generic response about still having to review applicants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I got an II today!! Complete 7/16, Canadian and interview is this week (YIKES). First II of the cycle though so I'm super pumped!
Can anyone who's interviewed with this school give me any advice?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II today!! Complete 7/16, Canadian and interview is this week (YIKES). First II of the cycle though so I'm super pumped!

Congratulations! Mine was very conversational, i loved it. Just know why doctor, why DO, why Carey. They asked me a lot about my leadership and ECs!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when we should be hearing back? Interviewed 10/08 and nothing yet

Congrats! I am Canadian too, do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email titled WCUCOM Acceptance but cannot access it :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just received my acceptance email as well!

• Love
I got an email titled WCUCOM Acceptance but cannot access it :/

My acceptance email had the same subject line! I got a letter in the mail a few days later with all the same info as in the email. So if you can’t access it don’t fret!

Reactions: 1 users
good luck, i went to WCUCOM, just matched into fellowship at Mayo Clinic

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Does this school screen for decondary? Submitted primary two weeks ago but still no secondary lol

Accepted! Got the email yesterday

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does this school usually send out emails confirming they received your primary application? I submitted my app two weeks ago and no confirmation at all.

Does this school usually send out emails confirming they received your primary application? I submitted my app two weeks ago and no confirmation at all.

I don't think so! After I submitted my primary, I did not hear anything until I was sent a secondary application.

• Care
Wondering if I should apply. 3.3 gpa undergrad, I graduate in Spring with my DMD. However, mcat low (497, cars 121, English my second language)

Definitely need a higher MCAT with a 3.3 GPA.

ii just now! Super stoked, heard great things about this school. 4.0/511, oos, complete 10/7

Seem my application will he put on hold and will be considered for secondary later in the cycle. Guess this is better than rejection lol.

• Care
anyobody who interviewed already have any tips? mine is on friday and i'd like some prep if possible :)

anyobody who interviewed already have any tips? mine is on friday and i'd like some prep if possible :)
It’s really laid back. Just be prepared to answer the obvious questions like why Mississippi/WCUCOM, DO, and medicine in general. I was also asked a hand full of ethical questions so be prepared for those as well.

I applied late august, and completed my secondary in September. But not heard back. Anyone else in the same boat?

Just declined my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you all! Best of luck!

• Care
I applied late august, and completed my secondary in September. But not heard back. Anyone else in the same boat?
yes. i emailed several weeks back and they sent a standard email saying they were doing an internal review of 400+ applicants

Anyone submitted their secondary around September 10 heard back yet? or have an idea of the timeline from when I should hear back if I submitted my secondary on September 10th !

Anyone submitted their secondary around September 10 heard back yet? or have an idea of the timeline from when I should hear back if I submitted my secondary on September 10th !
I submitted my secondary around then and heard back last week

505 MCAT, 3.81 GPA, 3.75 sGPA, OOS but within the Gulf South, grew up in a very small, rural, underserved area and wish to eventually practice somewhere similar! Also, I don't think people can directly send you messages. I only bring that up because I just joined sdn this year and didn't know you could change that in your settings.

II today, was complete on 10/2. Will be declining.

• Care