2020 Application- What Are My Chances Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lauren08

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please share your stats and the schools you have applied to.
Applicants from previous cycles are also welcomed to post your stats and results here.
I am creating this thread because someone with 516 MCAT said in a previous thread that he/she was waitlisted by Usyd. That’s crazy.

My GPA is 3.4/4.0 and I am scheduled to take MCAT in April.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Lauren,

My GPA is ~80 percent and MCAT is 508. I think you should aim to have an MCAT higher than 507 just from reading previous threads.

The key is to do well in the MMI interview and I think that's what truly separates candidates.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad GPA: 3.14
Master's GPA: 4.00
MCAT: 507
Applied to: most schools

They rank you based on MCAT if your GPA is above their threshold, which it is. In this case, yeah I believe it's competitive. Are you Canadian?

Sweet! I am as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

They rank you based on MCAT if your GPA is above their threshold, which it is. In this case, yeah I believe it's competitive. Are you Canadian?
Source? Is that for all Australian medical schools?

Last edited:
Hey there! I got a 3.77 GPA and a 506 MCAT. I've been freaking out about that MCAT score as I've heard stories from people who got in with lower stats but I also know that some schools are more focused on the MCAT... So I have no idea where I stand. What do ya'll think my chances are? I applied to UOW, Flinders, Queensland, UMel, Griffith and Deakin. Thanks!

Hey there! I got a 3.77 GPA and a 506 MCAT. I've been freaking out about that MCAT score as I've heard stories from people who got in with lower stats but I also know that some schools are more focused on the MCAT... So I have no idea where I stand. What do ya'll think my chances are? I applied to UOW, Flinders, Queensland, UMel, Griffith and Deakin. Thanks!

I feel like you'll get in somewhere if not everywhere! As long as you do relatively well on the interview.

Reactions: 1 user

Have you considered applying to the University of Tasmania? There is no MCAT requirement, and applications are based on other factors. I am a Canadian, studied at Bond University (QLD), then completed internship and Family Medicine/GP Training in Tasmania. I absolutely love the state, work/life balance, and now work for the University of Tasmania. Applications are on a rolling basis so its actually not too late to apply for a Feb 2020 start date.