2020 COVID Virtual Meet and Greets and Impressions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhotonsProtonsAndE

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread about upcoming opportunities to learn more about programs here and wanted to plug the ROVER / Radoncvirtual.com resource for those that weren't aware.

Upcoming virtual Meet & Greets for residencies (this week's listed below)
- 9/1/20: Northwestern and UC Davis
- 9/2/20: Cleveland Clinic, Oklahoma, and Emory
- 9/3/20: Utah, UNC, Mt Sinai, and UCSF

Virtual Clerkship opportunities ranging from 1-4 weeks at a time, some for credit

Regular med-student level lectures on different diseases with recordings available if unable to be there live (link)

Full disclosure: I'm a current rad onc resident, but mostly doing this as someone interested in med ed and can't imagine how tough it must be to get real information about programs while also juggling condensed required clinical rotations +/- aways. Happy to talk to anyone offline too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm also a current resident and happy to talk to interested students. Obviously these often turn into job market discussions (which I am 100% guilty of instigating and perpetuating myself), so for those who have their souls set on RadOnc and have logistical questions I'm happy to answer them via PM if you don't want to wade into an avalanche of oversupply talk (as I'm sure the original poster is as well).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Let's keep this thread as an informational repository for these online meet and greets (necessary in the COVID era and are bieng done in medical specialties besides Rad Onc) and not have it boil into a job market or 'field is dying lul' thread like most others on this board.

Warnings will be handed out liberally on this thread going forward for those who ignore the above statement.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it kosher to point out that this program indicated earlier this year on Twitter that they were leaning against recruiting for open spot?

Reactions: 2 users
Is it kosher to point out that this program indicated earlier this year on Twitter that they were leaning against recruiting for open spot?

Yes, enough about it now, however (after medgator's post). If you want to discuss about it further take it to the Rad Onc Twitter thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for doing god’s work. Very important to have it all in one spot so we can get more fresh blood in the field. :)
happy to talk to anybody interested in RO