Aug 31, 2020
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I didn't see a thread about upcoming opportunities to learn more about programs here and wanted to plug the ROVER / Radoncvirtual.com resource for those that weren't aware.

Upcoming virtual Meet & Greets for residencies (this week's listed below)
- 9/1/20: Northwestern and UC Davis
- 9/2/20: Cleveland Clinic, Oklahoma, and Emory
- 9/3/20: Utah, UNC, Mt Sinai, and UCSF

Virtual Clerkship opportunities ranging from 1-4 weeks at a time, some for credit

Regular med-student level lectures on different diseases with recordings available if unable to be there live (link)

Full disclosure: I'm a current rad onc resident, but mostly doing this as someone interested in med ed and can't imagine how tough it must be to get real information about programs while also juggling condensed required clinical rotations +/- aways. Happy to talk to anyone offline too

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 2, 2019
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm also a current resident and happy to talk to interested students. Obviously these often turn into job market discussions (which I am 100% guilty of instigating and perpetuating myself), so for those who have their souls set on RadOnc and have logistical questions I'm happy to answer them via PM if you don't want to wade into an avalanche of oversupply talk (as I'm sure the original poster is as well).

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

evilbooyaa

Staff member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2011
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Let's keep this thread as an informational repository for these online meet and greets (necessary in the COVID era and are bieng done in medical specialties besides Rad Onc) and not have it boil into a job market or 'field is dying lul' thread like most others on this board.

Warnings will be handed out liberally on this thread going forward for those who ignore the above statement.

Reactions: 2 users

Chartreuse Wombat

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2014
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Is it kosher to point out that this program indicated earlier this year on Twitter that they were leaning against recruiting for open spot?

Reactions: 2 users

evilbooyaa

Staff member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2011
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Is it kosher to point out that this program indicated earlier this year on Twitter that they were leaning against recruiting for open spot?

Yes, enough about it now, however (after medgator's post). If you want to discuss about it further take it to the Rad Onc Twitter thread.

Reactions: 1 users

thecarbonionangle

5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2014
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Thanks for doing god’s work. Very important to have it all in one spot so we can get more fresh blood in the field. :)
happy to talk to anybody interested in RO

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads