Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Official Thread for Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine for the entering class of 2016 / DMD Class of 2020. This thread is being monitored by director of admissions, Dr. Emil Chuck, so keep all conversations here as professional in tone.

Information for competitive applicants
  • Website for Dental school admissions
  • Email [email protected] strongly preferred. Please include your name and AADSAS ID#. Supplemental fee transaction number is required for scheduling interviews. This information is needed to verify your identity and maintain applicant confidentiality. We do NOT answer application questions by phone for this reason as well.
  • Refunds will only be issued with an official email copy of an AADSAS Fee Waiver.
  • Any immediate "breaking news" will be sent from our Facebook and Twitter feeds. We have a Google+ page too.
  • Review of AADSAS verified/complete applications will begin with those applications for which all supplemental items have been received (fee, ALL letters of evaluation assigned by the applicant, desired DAT score). File review on incomplete applications or those applications with pending DAT scores will be suspended until all information has been received.
Links we expect all desirable applicants and interviewing candidates to have accessed
  • Presentation: Preparing to Apply
  • Webchat: Countdown to AADSAS 2015 recording. No AADSAS 2016 recording.
  • Website to pay supplemental fee. Retain your transaction confirmation number as it will be requested to schedule an interview.
  • ADEA Predental Student Virtual Fair Booth with brochures and videos (registration required). Live chat day is Thursday, June 11, 2015.
  • ADEA GoDental has recorded a number of webinars recorded on YouTube.
  • Intended webchat for applicants with dental students: scheduled for Monday, September 7, 2015 (Labor Day).
Key approximate dates
  • First invitations for interview for AADSAS 2016: July (end), 2015. We extend invitations for interview on a monthly basis or as convenient.
  • Expected first day of interviews for AADSAS 2016: Monday, August 17, 2015.
  • Expected AADSAS 2016 first offer date: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 (182 days from open date of AADSAS 2016).
  • Outstanding competing offers list released: April 1, 2016.
  • Expected last day of interviews for AADSAS 2016: April (mid), 2016.
  • Anticipated first day of mandatory orientation: Monday, August 1, 2016 (427 days from open date of AADSAS 2016)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are encouraged to register for the upcoming webinars on the ADEA AADSAS application process (June 9 available) and the ADEA GoDental Predental Student Virtual Fair. Don't panic if you're not ready to submit by tomorrow; it's about getting everything in (letters, DAT scores, and supplemental fee). Check the hyperlink on ADEA AADSAS for more information.

Reactions: 1 users
ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair live chat session is Thursday, June 11, 2015.

Live Chat session with Director of Admissions is scheduled for noon to 1:30 ET (9am to 10:30 PT), and 4pm to 5:30 ET (1pm to 2:30 PT). Students chat session expected at 7pm ET (4pm PT) before the NBA Finals tipoff for Game 4.

Outside these hours, please visit the booth and review materials left for your information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am very interested in attending this school. I have heard great things about the program. I have submitted my payment today and my new DAT score should be in by July 6th, I am hoping for good news! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was wondering if we had to wait for an email to pay the application fees, or just go ahead and do them now?

Hello Dr. Chuck,
When do you usually send out the first round of interview invites?

Hello Dr. Chuck,
When do you usually send out the first round of interview invites?

"First invitations for interview for AADSAS 2016: July (mid), 2015. We extend invitations for interview on a monthly basis or as convenient."

Hey,
Did you guys get an confirmation letter from Case stating they received all your information? I sent my application fee awhile back, but I still haven't received a confirmation email.

Did you turn the supplemental fee in as well, after you submitted to AADSAS? I got an e-mail confirming that my fee was processed. However, that is all that I received.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did pay the supplemental fee and I got the automated confirmation email but that's it.

I received my acknowledgement today, stating that they received my verified application.

If you paid your supplemental fee, you should already have a confirmation of the transaction via Payfee. We were ironing out some bugs regarding mailings before sending out acknowledgements today for mailing group 1. Update emails will be sent out later on.

I sent out emails to those whose supplemental fees have not yet been recorded as received. Emails were also sent regarding LOE and DAT pending. We are also confirming Canadian DAT score reports, but sometimes we receive scores before we receive applications. Let us know if that is the case by email.

Good luck all! I received an email last Tuesday stating my application was complete.

Last edited:
Every single school should have an admissions thread on SDN, honestly... it would save a lot of headaches, I'm sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Dr. Chuck,
I was wondering if Case Western encourages their applicants to send their unofficial DAT score reports via email if the ADA hasn't released the scores to the AADSAS application yet? If so, do we send it to your email or a different email?

Dr. Chuck, thank you so much for all of this information! I'm a Canadian applicant so mailing in my Canadian DAT scores was stressful as I wasn't sure if they would make it or not, but I'm relieved to see that my application with Case is complete. Looking forward to further connecting with Case in the future! Good luck everyone :)

Hello Dr. Chuck,
I recently received an email saying I was lacking letters of recommendation even though I had two from science professors attached to my ADEA AADSAS application. I hate to waste my professors' time, but at the bottom is says to have my instructors contact you in this situation? Just double checking that this is what I need to do to have my application complete. Thank you!

Due to some issues from ADEA AADSAS and a few procedural changes being implemented this year, we are delaying the delivery of interview invitations a bit. I will announce when we have sent invitations out on our social media feeds.

Reactions: 11 users
First emailed decisions to interview are being sent out today. If you don't get a letter, your file is under review, but make sure you check your AADSAS portal status tomorrow to be sure your letter didn't wind up labelled as junk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Thank you for keeping us posted, Dr. Chuck! The updates are very helpful.

Good luck everyone! :)

I got an interview invitation!!!!!!OMG

Reactions: 6 users
I believed mine was 2batch... but i just recheck my adea..
There are two different mailing date...July 2nd vs July 24th....

I received an interview invite this morning too! I'm second batch, mailed out on 7/2. I am super excited to have the opportunity to interview at such an awesome university! Good luck to everybody, I'll be interviewing on Thursday August 20!

Reactions: 4 users
Welp, this sucks for me. App submitted and mailed on first batch I added CWRU to my list on June 20th, got completed file email on July 3rd, and still no interviews.

Somehow people got completed after me got interviews already :(.

I wonder if all of the emails go out at once, or if they send throughout the day...

I got a denial email. Good luck to everyone else.

Yes, it only takes one! :)

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone from first batch gotten an interview yet?

has anyone from first batch gotten an interview yet?

So we should expect to hear some sort of news today if our status on the app on AADSAS says "complete"? Or if you don't get anything then it means that your app is still under review/consideration until they can make a decision?

So we should expect to hear some sort of news today if our status on the app on AADSAS says "complete"? Or if you don't get anything then it means that your app is still under review/consideration until they can make a decision?

im first batch too and hear no news so far. I thought they process apps according to batches. yet some third patch people already know the result.

If you paid your supplemental fee, you should already have a confirmation of the transaction via Payfee. We were ironing out some bugs regarding mailings before sending out acknowledgements today for mailing group 1. Update emails will be sent out later on.
Hello Dr. Chuck, my AADSAS application was mailed June 25, and I paid the supplemental fee before that. Are emails still being sent out for those in my mailing group? Thank you for the help!

im first batch too and hear no news so far.

I think this is one of those scenarios where no news is good news. It means they've looked at your app, and don't want to reject you and they're still considering you for interview. Sit tight and hopefully we all get good news eventually!

I received an interview invite today. 2nd batch.

Are invites going to be sent on a rolling basis or will an announcement be made when the next invitations are sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.