1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

2020 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2017)

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by koalafiedRx, Apr 19, 2016.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. koalafiedRx

koalafiedRx

Apr 19, 2016
    Anyone planning to apply to Roseman for Early Decision this summer?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Doctor Mario

Doctor Mario 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Me! Actually had an interview last year at the Henderson campus and everything went really well, however, life happened and I am unable to attend for the Fall of 2016 so here I go again to try for 2017! Considering I've already been through the entire process and talk with Dr. Park fairly regularly (she knows me too well at this point), I am hopeful for round 2. Ill be applying for early decision, so we will see how it goes. My application and extra curriculars have only gotten stronger since last year, so bring on round 2. Im ready.

Campus is awesome, by the way. Beautiful view of the mountains and the set up of the classrooms are very efficient. Students and Professors seemed really great, as well. Got a peek at some of the research facilities and got to talk with Dr. Talbot himself about his research, so we definitely nerded out a bit there. Good stuff.

4. koalafiedRx

koalafiedRx

Apr 19, 2016
    Thats awesome! I'm glad theres someone else in here planning to apply early and I'm sure you're set for this round from the sounds of it. When did you submit your applications last cycle? Do you think applying early decision helps?

I'm excited and hopeful. I've had my eye on Roseman for the last year and a half.
    My GPA is 3.3 (with academic forgiveness) and PCAT 79. And I'm thinking of taking more courses over the summer to boost it

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? :)

5. Doctor Mario

Doctor Mario 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2014
    I hope so! Only time will tell. I submitted my application in October last year. During my interview I actually asked if early decision helps, and she said typically yes because they have rolling admissions. I hope we both get in and I see you there! I did a lot of exploration and research before locking my sights on this path and school. I toured so many schools and interviewed/interrogated many students along the way. I have to say, Roseman made an amazing impression and the students seemed sincerely happy there, and more importantly the students appeared competent and like they actually wanted to be there. Some of the other schools I toured I cant say the same about.

I bet you'll be fine. Just send in your transcripts as soon as possible, because they take forever to process it seems. My cumulative GPA is 3.1 without grade forgiveness and 3.5 with grade forgiveness. My science GPA is 3.6. I didn't have to take the PCAT because I have a Bachelors of Science degree completed. I also have a ton of extra curricular activities that the Adcoms seemed happy about. Volunteer trips abroad, Teaching assistant positions, Research assistant positions, shadowing experience, volunteer experience at a pharmacy, work experience at a mental health facility where I do rounds regularly with the Psychiatric Pharmacist on staff.

6. golddagger

golddagger

Sep 12, 2016
    Hello,
    I want to ask some questions about Roseman University of Health Sciences/College of Pharmacy.
    I see on some threads people complaining about this school. They're saying the schools does not care about education quality and the cut off for passing is 90%.

Some students online indicated the school is interested in students money.
    See this online thread link:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rosem...uthern-Nevada-University-Racist-money-1112631

How is the quality of education, for those who are students? Please be honest and point in the right direction.
    I also heard that their professor were their students and the school does not hire professors with better quality of teaching.
    What do you guys think? does it worth the investment putting $50,000 per year for this institution?

Please reply with comments and advice

7. 2020grad

2020grad

Dec 5, 2016
    Hi Dr. Mario, do you guys wear scrubs?

8. PharmD7777

PharmD7777

Jul 23, 2017
    Hi guys i applied early enrollment to Roseman and I just received an invitation for the interview. Has anybody else got an invitation yet? What are the statistics of students in the ED interview getting accepted? This would help me alot.

9. YTAZ

YTAZ

Oct 4, 2015
    Henderson, NV
    Hey,

Your chance of being accepted is higher when you have ED interview.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

jonpharm and PharmD7777 like this.
  10. PharmD7777

PharmD7777

Jul 23, 2017
    Thanks for your reply YTAZ. I have been studying for the pharmacy interview and i came across a few questions that are hard for me to answer. I don't have any pharmacy experience, but i have volunteered at a hospital for over 6 months and 4 months i volunteered at a facility that helps the less fortunate families who can't apply for any government aid.
    I recently applied for a pharmacy technician in training job but i haven't got a response back since my job interview. This rejection has hurt my confidence for the big interview coming up at Roseman.

Did you participate in ED for Roseman? If so how many people showed up and were accepted in ED? Thanks

11. jonpharm

jonpharm

Sep 3, 2017

Hello,
    Can you please please tell me the interview process at Roseman University? Besides the presentation, meet and greet, panel interview (with staff and current student), is there also a writing test during the interview? If there is, what are usually the questions/prompt and how serious do they take the results of the writing test?

Thank you so much and I appreciate any help you all could give me. Thanks!

12. PharmD7777

PharmD7777

Jul 23, 2017
    I believe they give you a written test, and you get interviewed by a panel of three qualified PharmD personnel. The rest of the invitation sounds fun. I'm hoping my grades and subtest on the PCAT in chemistry and everything else i said on Pharmcas sounds holistic enough to get accepted because i'm bad at interviews.

13. jonpharm

jonpharm

Sep 3, 2017
    When and where is your interview? Is there a whole new thread for people applying for Fall 2018? if not, we shall start one.

14. PharmD7777

PharmD7777

Jul 23, 2017
    October 17th at the Henderson campus. Did you get invited too? Yea we should start a new tread i will check if one is up but i don't think so.

jonpharm likes this.
  15. jonpharm

jonpharm

Sep 3, 2017
    Yes! I am not so worried about the interview part. the writing assessment is what scares me the most. I wonder what are the usual prompts they give

16. PharmD7777

PharmD7777

Jul 23, 2017
    I was told that the writing part is about an ethical topic where you have to choose a side.

17. rxsugoi

rxsugoi

Sep 10, 2017
    Hello, YTAZ,

Would it be alright if I asked you a question, too?