2020 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in!! Got my call today!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview on November 14th in Nevada.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Which campus?

Anyone know how they determine who goes to what campus?
I know from talking to staff and previous students that it's all on a point based system (application score/interview score)... those who have a higher score get their first choice. But those who do early decision will most likely get their first choice

What did questions did they ask all of you?
I'd love to see what you all were asked!
I can't remember all but here are the ones I do remember:
* why pharmacy?
* why not a doctor?
* do you have pharmacy experience?
* what do you do to de-stress?
* example of when a member of a group was not doing their part, what did you do? (or something along the line of that)
* are you a leader or a follower? and why do you think that, give an example?
* why roseman?
* what makes you think you can go through this rigorous program?
There were at least two or three more questions, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were. The interview took a bit over half an hour I think.
Overall it was a pleasant experience. Everyone went out if their way to make the applicants relaxed.
The students were amazing, helpful, and very encouraging.

I can't remember all but here are the ones I do remember:
* why pharmacy?
* why not a doctor?
* do you have pharmacy experience?
* what do you do to de-stress?
* example of when a member of a group was not doing their part, what did you do? (or something along the line of that)
* are you a leader or a follower? and why do you think that, give an example?
* why roseman?
* what makes you think you can go through this rigorous program?
There were at least two or three more questions, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were. The interview took a bit over half an hour I think.
Overall it was a pleasant experience. Everyone went out if their way to make the applicants relaxed.
The students were amazing, helpful, and very encouraging.
I'm so glad to hear you had a pleasant experience! I absolutely love the staff they have! They really make you feel comfortable and do treat you like colleagues already.

I got in!!
Dr. Park called me, but I could not answer. she left a voicemail and sent an email.
Henderson campus.

I got in!!
Dr. Park called me, but I could not answer. she left a voicemail and sent an email.
Henderson campus.

Congrats! When did you receive the phone call? I'm still anxiously waiting

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got the call as well! I got accepted!! I'm so excited and happy. Can't wait to see you all and be classmates. Henderson campus here as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call as well! I got accepted!! I'm so excited and happy. Can't wait to see you all and be classmates. Henderson campus here as well.

Congrats!!!!!! I hope I get a call soon >_<

I wonder how many students they accept from the early decision and what it is based on?

I got in too you guys!! Im so excited!! I got a call about 2 hours ago!!

Reactions: 3 users
Georgi86, Doctor Mario, princess.ParmD what are your stats?

Congrats to you all who got accepted! I have my interview scheduled for Nov 14 at Henderson. So nervous!!

I freaking got in! Just got the call from Dr. Park! Whoooo!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Which campus?

Anyone know how they determine who goes to what campus?

South Jordan and Dr. Park asked my preference when she called me.

Congrats to all of you guys who got in, well I got my interview invite just yesterday..nervous like heck lol well any interview tips are welcomed....:clap:

Congrats to all of you guys who got in, well I got my interview invite just yesterday..nervous like heck lol well any interview tips are welcomed....:clap:
Check out all the questions that were asked that some of us posted! And just be yourself. Seriously, they do everything possible to make you feel comfortable and at ease. Good luck!

As CherryFlavoredRx said,
Check out the questins we were asked, be yourself, and do a mock interview.
They will make you very comfortable, when I got in the room for the interview they kind of started joking with each other. I did not even notice how or when the interview started. It was very smooth. Everybody was super helpful and nice, from the students to the staff, and they will come talk to you, encourage you and make you laugh.
Good luck

Question:

Why did you guys chose Roseman?

I'm having a hard time deciding, I've already been accepted to Chapman, and Western. I chose Chapman bc it's 20 mins from my house, and in a much cleaner/nicer area, also it's only 3 years vs. 4. But I've always been interested in Roseman, it was the first school I had in mind when I started to pursue Pharmacy, and now that I got the invite to interview, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go to the interview or not.

Did Roseman offer any of you guys any scholarships?

Question:

I'm having a hard time deciding, I've already been accepted to Chapman, and Western. I chose Chapman bc it's 20 mins from my house, and in a much cleaner/nicer area, also it's only 3 years vs. 4. But I've always been interested in Roseman, it was the first school I had in mind when I started to pursue Pharmacy, and now that I got the invite to interview, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go to the interview or not.

Hi. When did you get your acceptance email from Western? Thanks.

Honestly? It was one of my choices because the mastery learning is going to keep me motivated and it facilitates team work instead of competition between peers, plus block style curriculum. But the reason that eventually made it my top choice, was the staff and the professors. I toured the school in early January and my decision became clear after I saw how attentive and wonderful the professors were and how they interacted with the students. Was like a family! The professors really impressed me. Especially Dr. Park. Can't express how awesome she is! Everyone there seems to really try to do anything they can to help you succeed. Great environment for learning.

Question:

Personally, I chose Roseman because I know how the program is second hand from when my husband attended (class of 2016). I know how rigorous and what is expected. The faculty and professors are amazing. They really care about their students and want to see us succeed. The support system they have there is incredible. Also, my husband just accepted a position in the area so it'll be close by and I don't have to relocate my family.

Personally, I chose Roseman because I know how the program is second hand from when my husband attended (class of 2016). I know how rigorous and what is expected. The faculty and professors are amazing. They really care about their students and want to see us succeed. The support system they have there is incredible. Also, my husband just accepted a position in the area so it'll be close by and I don't have to relocate my family.

That's awesome! Congrats to you both.

Has anyone else accepted chosen the South Jordan campus? I might have missed ya in the excitement.

Georgi86, Doctor Mario, princess.ParmD what are your stats?

Cumulative GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.3
No PCAT because i have a bachelor's
3 years healthcare/patient care experience - No pharmacy experience
2 full years of research at my undergrad university

Good Luck!!

Question:

The school's reputation will help you with residency or job. I'd rank those 3: western>roseman>chapman.

Hey guys so the more I approach towards my interview date....Im kinda getting nervous! I already did interview for another school and I was able to get in. But the fact that Rosemanis my numro Uno makes me scared lol...for those of you who already did your interview? what were the questions you were asked for the major interview part?

Belinnaa,

I don't recall all the questions, but from the questions I remember:

- Tell me a little about yourself and your background.

- What drew you to Pharmacy?

- Describe a time you had to do something uninteresting, and how did you deal with it?

- Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult person or colleague, and how did you deal with it?

- Describe a moment of adversity in your life and how you overcame it.

- Why do you feel Roseman is a good fit for you?

- Why do you feel you are a good fit for Roseman?

- Describe a time you had to work in a team to reach a goal.

A couple pages back a few other students give their experiences with the interview as well. Don't sweat it! Just come prepared and you'll be fine. They really do make you feel comfortable.

When is your interview date?

I just submitted my pharmcas - how long does it usually take them to verify? (it says on the website up to 4 weeks! :\ )

Belinnaa,

A couple pages back a few other students give their experiences with the interview as well. Don't sweat it! Just come prepared and you'll be fine. They really do make you feel comfortable.

When is your interview date?

Thank you, hopefully I can pull this interview...darn it lol
My interview is on Nov 14(Monday) :shrug:

I just submitted my pharmcas - how long does it usually take them to verify? (it says on the website up to 4 weeks! :\ )
I am not sure for this month but when I submitted mine back in September it only took them 3 days, I was impressed! Just have patience and start working on your supplementals...I tell ya the waiting game is not fun but what can u do lol Just your optimisim all the way....

Hey guys so the more I approach towards my interview date....Im kinda getting nervous! I already did interview for another school and I was able to get in. But the fact that Roseman is my numro Uno makes me scared lol...for those of you who already did your interview? what were the questions you were asked for the major interview part?
Don't be nervous. (I know, hard to do) but if you already were accepted into another school, then use that acceptance to help you relax during the Roseman interview process. If that doesn't work, a couple of us posted our interview questions on the previous page and please feel free to ask us any follow up questions! I have been familiar with the most of the staff and they will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable on interview day. The staff is very approachable. But the number one thing to remember is to Be Yourself. They can see that you want to be there even if you're nervous. Good luck on your interview!

It honestly depends on how many potential candidates pharmcas is reviewing. I did early decision and it took 4 days. The waiting game is the worst part. But from past students it took an average of two weeks during the general application process.

Is anyone considering the dual program?
Have you talked to anybody that is currently enrolled in the dual program?
I have been researching to see what other students say about it, but I have not found anything.
I might go to the campus and inquire about it.

Don't be nervous. (I know, hard to do) but if you already were accepted into another school, then use that acceptance to help you relax during the Roseman interview process. If that doesn't work, a couple of us posted our interview questions on the previous page and please feel free to ask us any follow up questions! I have been familiar with the most of the staff and they will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable on interview day. The staff is very approachable. But the number one thing to remember is to Be Yourself. They can see that you want to be there even if you're nervous. Good luck on your interview!
Thank you!!! Yes the fact that I already got accepted to another school is such a relief(but still I don't want to go to expensive school lol) thank u again!!

Last edited:
Thank you!!! Yes the fact that I already got accepted to another school is such a relif(but still I don't want to go to expensive school lol) thank u again!!
I completely understand!!! The cost is a big issue for me too so I'm glad I got into Roseman. I hope you get in too!! Please let me know if you ANY other questions!

I have been researching to see what other students say about it, but I have not found anything.
A lot of my friends were in the dual program. I'll talk to them and hopefully one of them can chime in later this weekend!

From talking to a few of my friends, they all agree that unless you are going for a management position or looking to get a residency don't pursue it.