2020 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2017)

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by koalafiedRx, Apr 19, 2016.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    OH man! Well the gyms better be a walking distance +pity+

princess.ParmD likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm interviewing on Jan 10, Henderson ! :) Good luck to both of you Makai and koalafiedRx!

koalafiedRx and Makai like this.
  4. PharmD2015

PharmD2015 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Roseman invited me to interview without doing the supplemental. They have not been my first choice, but since they decided to interview me even without the supplemental, I thought to myself to go see the school, to make a small vacay/tour out of it at least. I did complete the supplemental after the interview invitation :)

coloredsplash and 2020grad like this.
  5. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    wow you have great stats then?! :)
    so did you visit them and liked it before you went ahead and submitted your supplemental?
    are you interviewing in Henderson or South Jordan?

6. PharmD2015

PharmD2015 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    In the beginning I wasn't even considering them. If i did the supplemental early like the other schools they would have given me an early interview date but like i said I wasn't considering going there..then I got the interview invitation and decided to complete the supp. Interview is Henderson. i did not visit the school, i just said yes to the interview since it's an opportunity to go to Vegas. They're still not my first choice but might as well go see the school and spend time in vegas since I did the trouble of going through the whole PharmCAS process and applying to all the schools. Have nothing to lose i think :) and you never know maybe i'll really like them..my stats are ok..not the greatest..but I do think I'm a very well rounded applicant. ~3.4 gpa with 3+ years pharmacy experience + comm service

coloredsplash and 2020grad like this.
  7. princess.ParmD

princess.ParmD

Pre-Pharmacy
    Those of you that are already in... Has anyone heard anything else from school yet? Like from Financial aid, dual program, etc...

8. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Not yet...they barely recieved my acceptance Docs...

9. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Okay guys...is there anyone who knows current Roseman student???? specificly students from Cali. I live in LA and I have no idea when to move over there or things that I should be aware(I just thought I should plan it ahead since I will be out of country right before class starts). I wonder if they have FB page to get info as such????!!!!!!!!!

10. princess.ParmD

princess.ParmD

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm from Cali too. I asked them on the interview day and they said once the list of class is finalized and they have everyone, they'll send us an email with information of other students so we can contact them and arrange to either room with them or get our own place. That's pretty much all they said that they will do so I assume we need to figure everything out ourselves. You can try and post on last year's SDN page and see if they can help.. I'll post on here if I find out about anything. hope this helps!! :)

Belinnaa likes this.
  11. CherryFlavoredRx

CherryFlavoredRx

Hey!
    I'm one class away from meeting the requirements to start the program in the fall. I'm missing A&P I. Does anyone know of a good online school or local (Nevada) who does A&P I that will accept my 10yr degree transcripts? I'm currently living in Cali at the moment and will be relocating to the valley within the next month. I've already contacted Roseman and am awaiting their reply back so I thought I'd ask you all. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

12. CherryFlavoredRx

CherryFlavoredRx

I'm currently living in Cali. I used to live out there when my husband went through the program class of 2016. What questions do you have? We're currently looking for a house out there so we can move back.

Belinnaa likes this.
  13. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Oh I see, yeah I think I heard the same thing about connecting students who look for roommates or apartments. Yes, I will try to post on previous treads and I will also search on fB. It seems like we are on the same boat so I will keep you posted if I find anything useful. which part of Cali are you from btw?

14. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well I have a lot of questions but here is a few...
    -Does students usually rent/lease apartment? or rent a house and share it with other students?
    -Is it helpful to live with students for the purpose of studying and motivation?
    -I assume Car is very important but how important(or until what year of pharmacy? during rotation year?)?how do most students commute?
    -is there close by apartments?
    -When is a good time to move since school starts by end of Aug?
    ...lol i have other questions but this should do it.
    THANK YOU

15. DiscoverID

DiscoverID 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    - Rent apartment unless you have money for a house
    - I don't think so? Unless you like to party and hangout. Most of the people I know study by themselves or study at school late at night. Having a roommate can be distracting.
    - Very important - You will need it for all 3 years.
    - Yes.
    - I moved here in July just to drive around and know the area a bit.
    Good luck ^_^

phuong123 and Belinnaa like this.
  16. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey! thank you for answering my questions.I think I might move in July as well.Haha well...I do like to party and have fun but I don't think I would have time and energy for that so I might as well rent my own apartment....but is it affordable? is that most students do...get their own their apt?:eyebrow:
    Before you moved did you look the apartments online or you went there first for apt hunting? what did you do?

thank you again :thumbup:

17. princess.ParmD

princess.ParmD

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm from Orange County! I think I will rent my own apartment, at least for the first year because everyone tells me that having a roommate is kind of a hit or miss thing. if you don't exactly get along it can be very stressful and we kind of need to be very focused our first year. haha

18. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey again folks ! anyone from yesterday's interview here? Any thoughts about how it went? Experiences to share?
    Thanks!

19. koalafiedRx

koalafiedRx

Pre-Pharmacy
    i was there! a lot more interviewees than i expected

20. Belinnaa

Belinnaa

Pre-Pharmacy
    That's true. I will see what I can do, for me I don't mind if I share apartment BUT NOT room. we shall see!!!

21. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    Will you accept an offer if you get accepted? I was there too. Hope we get in!

22. koalafiedRx

koalafiedRx

Pre-Pharmacy
    I will be! I'm so nervous I keep checking my phonee. How about you?

23. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    Same here ! :) And by all means I will be accepting the offer too.
    Do you think your interview went well?

24. DiscoverID

DiscoverID 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Apartments here are ok. Not too cheap but not super expensive. I would look into Henderson, and green valley area. Adobe Ranch is really nice and quiet, but it is a bit more than other places around there. As for most students, I know at least 40% live by themselves, the rest are at home or have roommates.

Good luck

Belinnaa likes this.
  25. wpharmd2020

wpharmd2020

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is anyone else as excited as I am to start the school year? What has everybody been doing or plan on doing to prepare for the year.

26. Amberlucy

Amberlucy

Pre-Pharmacy
    Got my payment agreement email today. Which led me to email financial aid to ask them when we may expect information about aid packages. Does anyone else know?

27. koalafiedRx

koalafiedRx

Pre-Pharmacy
    has anyone heard back from the jan 10th interview?

28. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    Not yet

29. Usc110

Usc110

Is Roseman university college of pharmacy worth going? I have seen tremendous bad reviews ? I got accepted back in November and now I'm worried. Can anyone tell me a factual based answer and not an opinion please. Like what is the school retention rate and license exam passing rate. I'm from SoCal and appreciate your honest comment!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017 at 8:58 PM
  30. 2020grad

2020grad

Pre-Pharmacy
    If you got accepted then you should have had the answers to your questions by now because they cover about all that information on the interview day right before the inteview (during the first 1-1.5 hrs). Plus you have so many students shareing their experiences that day.. If you knew what to ask and did your research before then you should have gotten your answers that day.

Their passing rate was a little low than they typically had before. It was 93% last year.

They are a decent school. I think the hard part is to maintain above 90% progress at all times but its challenging and exciting at the same time, so I tend to think of it as a good thing (for becoming a competent PharmD). I don't usually make statements without having sufficient information, although its up to you to believe/trust my statement about the school being decent.. I've done my own research and they sound great to me ( someone else's needs & lifestyle may not match well with their program - there's always a subjectivity in sharing all these experiences, even facts).

I choose them over many schools. And for you - try to remember the interview day. It should have given you lots of factual info (besides the advertising and all) if you used that opportunity fully.

My best!
    _

Belinnaa and phuong123 like this.

About the ads