2020 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My mistake. I spoke to financial aid. It's exactly the same
do u mind sending me the breakdown bro and have you applied for your intern license yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys so I was wondering...they said that its good, cheaper and comfortable(when it comes to not sharing same bathroom ) to rent a house with other roommates...instead of Apt, is this true? (for those of you who are in NV or know the deal).

Hey guys so I was wondering...they said that its good, cheaper and comfortable(when it comes to not sharing same bathroom ) to rent a house with other roommates...instead of Apt, is this true? (for those of you who are in NV or know the deal).
Did you check how much to rent a house in Henderson? I saw 2/2 apt for about $1000.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw some people post some rental in the henderson fb group for about 500 a room sharing in an apartment

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using SDN mobile

do u mind sending me the breakdown bro and have you applied for your intern license yet?

I don't have the exact breakdown. It was supposed to come with the admission packet but I didn't receive it. And nope, haven't applied for my intern license yet. Probably should get on that

Did you check how much to rent a house in Henderson? I saw 2/2 apt for about $1000.
That a good question...i didn't do the research about "renting a house" about 2/2 apt do u mean 2 bed, 2 bath? I think thats a good option for an apt

That a good question...i didn't do the research about "renting a house" about 2/2 apt do u mean 2 bed, 2 bath? I think thats a good option for an apt
Yes, I searched on Craigslist for 2 bed/2 bath apt 5miles from zip code 89014, priced from $800-$1200.

Does anyone have Kaiser permanente as their insurance? Roseman does not accept the plan because they only offer emergency services outside of California. I was wondering if any of you are going to apply for Medicaid or purchase the schools insurance?

I had my interview on 03/16 and received my acceptance letter on 03/24.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have Kaiser permanente as their insurance? Roseman does not accept the plan because they only offer emergency services outside of California. I was wondering if any of you are going to apply for Medicaid or purchase the schools insurance?
I am wondering what I am going to do with insurance too!
So do you know if they accept if you have Medical? or you need to apply for Medicaid because it is outside of Cali?

I am wondering what I am going to do with insurance too!
So do you know if they accept if you have Medical? or you need to apply for Medicaid because it is outside of Cali?
I am not sure if they accept MediCal. I am under the impression that Roseman has to approve a plan that offers standard benefits useful in the state of Nevada or Utah. If it does not, then we may be automatically enrolled in the school insurance if our plan does not meet insurance guidelines. :(

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure if they accept MediCal. I am under the impression that Roseman has to approve a plan that offers standard benefits useful in the state of Nevada or Utah. If it does not, then we may be automatically enrolled in the school insurance if our plan does not meet insurance guidelines. :(
I think you might be right, I was trying to do my own insurance but the agreement form they sent clearly states that your insurance has to be legit, or else you will be reponsible to pay out of your pocket....I ended signing up for their insurance!!!

Reactions: 1 users
If you have MediCal, when you move to another state, you will qualify for Medicaid of that state. You have to apply for Medicaid of that state and stop MediCal.

Current students of Roseman PharmD program: (South Jordan)

1.When do your rotations start?
2. Can you choose the place or you are basically assigned to that place? (I dont know what affiliated clinics Roseman has)
3. P3 is completed outside of classroom whole year, correct?
4. Is there a link that informs about the affiliated clinics where rotations are conducted (utah, other states included)

Thanks!!!

Just a question. Does anybody know how the computer deal is at Roseman?
On the "Payment Agreement" form, it mentions that computers are not to exceed $2,400.
Why do we have to rent a laptop from them when I know we all have very capable personal laptops ourselves? And what laptop options do they have for Roseman students? I just want to have the cheapest option they have.

Just a question. Does anybody know how the computer deal is at Roseman?
On the "Payment Agreement" form, it mentions that computers are not to exceed $2,400.
Why do we have to rent a laptop from them when I know we all have very capable personal laptops ourselves? And what laptop options do they have for Roseman students? I just want to have the cheapest option they have.
It is one way to rape us . It also says iPad 700$. iPad Pro in Apple Store is priced 599 so what kind of iPad is that?!!! Probably God knows it. I also know their laptop is Dell.

Anyone know how many people you can bring to the white coat ceremony?

Anyone know how many people you can bring to the white coat ceremony?
Just bring your whole family,cousins, relatives... LOL u know once in a life time memos....jk jk I have no idea but for sure they will send out invitation letters

Just bring your whole family,cousins, relatives... LOL u know once in a life time memos....jk jk I have no idea but for sure they will send out invitation letters
Lol :laugh:. Yeah I would much rather have my family come to this opposed to my undergrad graduation. Just didn't know if we were capped on how many we could bring

haha. I hope it's not weird if no one is there for my white coat ceremony? Are these things that significant? :/ My family members are doctors themselves and I dont remember attending to my brother's or sister's ceremony nor i remember discussions about it.. I think its genetic )))) - we all have hard time celebrating victories or achievements.. because there was always the next level...

Last edited:
do you guys know if pharmacy students will need scrubs during the semester?

haha. I hope it's not weird if no one is there for my white coat ceremony? Are these things that significant? :/ My family members are doctors themselves and I dont remember attending to my brother's or sister's ceremony nor i remember discussions about it.. I think its genetic )))) - we all have hard time celebrating victories or achievements.. because there was always the next level...
I see your point. Yes there is always next level but there might not be a "next year" for all of us, so its always nice to show gratitude when each level is achieved. Maybe you could be the first one from your family to show "next level" isn't always the point ;)

I see your point. Yes there is always next level but there might not be a "next year" for all of us, so its always nice to show gratitude when each level is achieved. Maybe you could be the first one from your family to show "next level" isn't always the point ;)

Do you happen to have stats on what percentage typically stays behind/out?

Do you mean graduation rate? If so It should be on their web
I've heard from previous students that the rate is actually lower than what's on the website. It depends on from which point you compare it to, i.e. from # of students admitted or from # of P3 students...

I've heard from previous students that the rate is actually lower than what's on the website. It depends on from which point you compare it to, i.e. from # of students admitted or from # of P3 students...
I meant admitted

They guess ~80% as I remember seeing it on the other thread.
I actually heard they were having a heard time filling seats this year .. not because of a lack of applicants but because they didn't have a lot of qualified applicants this year.

I actually heard they were having a heard time filling seats this year .. not because of a lack of applicants but because they didn't have a lot of qualified applicants this year.
Not sure if we talked of the same thing.
What I said is one student of class of 2017 said something like this: school accepted 145 students in 2014 and in 2017 her class has about 120 students left and probably 110-115 will graduate on time.
So graduation rate is 115/145=80% if we talk about the rate calculated from students admitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if we talked of the same thing.
What I said is one student of class of 2017 said something like this: school accepted 145 students in 2014 and in 2017 her class has about 120 students left and probably 110-115 will graduate on time.
So graduation rate is 115/145=80% if we talk about the rate calculated from students admitted.
Sorry, you're right. I read it wrong.

Does anybody know of cheap housing in surrounding cities around South Jordan? I'm trying to find single apartments that are about $700

anyone doing mba in south jordan please let me know. and any1 that currently lives in utah?

Would anybody be interested in renting out a house together? We could definitely save a LOT of money on rent

I'm just looking at any place within 30 minutes of South Jordan.
Essentially anybody who is clean.
Preferably females.

There's a woman on the official Facebook thread looking for roommates too. You can start with her

Last edited:
looks like once pharmacy school over we are going to be in some serious debt

What is CORE? Dr. Grant sent out an email about it

So you guys the Academic Calender has not been updated on Roseman's Web (but based on last year's schedule) 2017 white coat ceremony lies On Sept 1st and Class begins on Monday Sept 3rd?
please correct me if I'm wrong...thank u in advance

So you guys the Academic Calender has not been updated on Roseman's Web (but based on last year's schedule) 2017 white coat ceremony lies On Sept 1st and Class begins on Monday Sept 3rd?
please correct me if I'm wrong...thank u in advance

The email I received said the white coat ceremony is on August 17th.