2020 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody interviewed on the 24th and still waiting for a response ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Was told they will be completely done by the end of the month. I interviewed recently, waiting patiently :)

Giving up my spot. I interviewed on March 24th. Best of luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who's gotten into your choice of pharmacy school, as someone who went through this last year it's definitely a relief once you get everything done. For everyone waiting, don't worry it's definitely coming. For those already in class 2020, see ya in the fall!

Honestly, it was an incredibly hard decision since I'm from Houston, but yeah I chose another school because I thought it was a better fit for me.

I will be giving up my seat aswell. I was recently accepted into my first choice school which is also closer to home. Best of luck to those waiting to hear back from this school. Have patience & stay positive! :)

Reactions: 1 user
As anyone heard back from tsu?

Haven't gotten an official denial letter yet.

Last edited:
Yea, after the 2nd email attempt! Basically my file wasn't pulled & reviewed until I asked about it. I was told I'm not "competitive" enough, and that was that. Haven't gotten an official denial letter though.
What is ur stats if u dont mind to share?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone already accepted though! To me, that's the hardest part :claps::happy:

Last edited:
Yea, it was more than likely your PCAT. They dont consider anyone under a 40 from what i remember. And your GPA is below the avg. i would retake some classes and retake the PCAT if i were you. Your work experience is great though!
I didn't even say what I scored lol!

Yea, it was more than likely your PCAT. They dont consider anyone under a 40 from what i remember. And your GPA is below the avg. i would retake some classes and retake the PCAT if i were you. Your work experience is great though!
What's the average gpa?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Most of the people i have spoken to have had at least a 3.4-3.7. Math/science a little lower. TSU takes a lower PCAT but the avg GPA is still high b/c its a really good school.
Ur right. Mine 3.7 and science gpa 3.6x. Pcat 4x but bio and math 75,79 chem 6x , low verbal and readin

Reactions: 1 user

I'm still waiting also maybe it is too soon for me to be nervous
Was told they will be completely done by the end of the month. I interviewed recently, waiting patiently :)
Have you heard back? I'd interviewed back on April 6 and haven't received any update. I'm just praying that I'm not on the waiting list.

I was just at TSU last week and I saw a fat stack of supplemental applications on Ms. Davis' desk. I'm pretty sure that was what she was working on, but she had a lot to get through.

Those of you still waiting, when did you apply?

Interviewed March 24. Still waiting

Those of you still waiting, when did you apply?

I applied in late September, application was marked verified in December. The academic update was done on January.

Supplemental application would have been done in December but, due employment letter hassle, I didn't sent the supplemental until late January.

Received my invite on April 1st, which I thought that they were playing with me as April's Fools for some reason, to interview on April 6th.

A month and a week later as of now, I'm still waiting

So anyone who interviewed in April get the acceptance yet? I interviewed on April 6 but havent heard anything from the school. The wait is killing us now

I applied mid November, handed in my supplemental in person in early December. Didn't hear back until March 23rd, when they told me to send them an unofficial transcript for some required classes I took as mini-term. Got my interview invite on April 1st, interviewed April 6th. I have emailed twice and no response.

Hmmm. It's getting pretty close now. Hope they work everything out.

Hey guys, I emailed them my spring 2016 transcript and Ms. Davis replied with " Thanks for this update. We are still completing this process." :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Any update guys?

Dr. Solis said the committee has not finalize the official acceptance list yet. I don't know how long we supposed to wait. Anyone hear anything from the school?

Supposedly my application was just reviewed, but they're still waiting on a decision. I don't know

Nothing yet ):
Did you call them? Has anybody talked to them?

It's so difficult to get them on the line. They really should have all this done by now, because summer academy is right around the corner 'supposedly'.

Did you call them? Has anybody talked to them?

It's so difficult to get them on the line. They really should have all this done by now, because summer academy is right around the corner 'supposedly'.
The first 2 times I ever emailed them, I had gotten no reply, but they have been consistently replying to my last couple of emails. & I did get a call from Ms. Davis following up on my most recent prerequisite grades last week. They just keep saying they're waiting on a decision and to please remain patient.

Last edited:
I'm guessing those who never responded didn't get in?

I'm guessing those who never responded didn't get in?

Yeah...likely..am a p2 and i heard they only accepted 80 students..no more can be accepted since their summer academy has started ..heard about 7 did not show up so they have about 73 students..goodluck in next cycle

Yeah...likely..am a p2 and i heard they only accepted 80 students..no more can be accepted since their summer academy has started ..heard about 7 did not show up so they have about 73 students..goodluck in next cycle
Thanks for the heads up! That's a pretty small class in comparison to the last few years.

I finally got my application reviewed on Wednesday 7/20. If I had 0.02 GPA points more, I would have been accepted. And I would have started the summer academy last Thursday (7/21). Maybe since now it's August, they won't accept anyone else, but they told me it would have been possible for me to enter in the summer academy late. If I only had 0.02 GPA points more.

I finally got my application reviewed on Wednesday 7/20. If I had 0.02 GPA points more, I would have been accepted. And I would have started the summer academy last Thursday (7/21). Maybe since now it's August, they won't accept anyone else, but they told me it would have been possible for me to enter in the summer academy late. If I only had 0.02 GPA points more.
What was your GPA?

This is a kinda dormant thread but I wanted to give it a try and see if someone can help. I've applied to TSU for 2017 and I have an interview in November. The only pre-req. I am missing is Medical Terminology. I live in San Antonio currently and I got my B.S. In Biochemistry from SUNY Binghamton in 2010. I can take the class I'm missing at Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, but the only Medical Terminology class there is offered through the Kinesiology Dept. TSU said they won't accept it.

For any other students that went to UTSA, how did you fulfill the Medical Terminolgy pre-req? Where did you take it?

Thanks!

Hi people, I need your advice. I have a GPA of 3.6 and planning to take the Pcat in November 2019 or January 2020. I applied on Pharmcas for ED because a friend of mine told me to do so. I chose TSU. They received my application,, asked me to add supplemental documents and pay the $100. However, I found out that I had missed the ED because I do not have the PCAT yet. The thing is I made a mistake of trusting Pharmcas info instead of the one of TSU directly. But also I heard that some people were accepted for ED without pcat and some of the pre-pharmacy courses were missing. I have all those. What is your advice. Should I continue to study for pcat? I am somehow discouraged after Ms. Davis told me that I missed the Ed because of pcat. When I am thinking that they let me pay the 100 and send supplemental documents, all these frustate me. Anyway, I did not get the right info. Please help me. Also if I should continue to study for the pcat, is Dr collins' materials good because that's the one I bought for 200 dollars (too expensive). I am also thinking of applying at Tyler or other pharmacy school in Texas.
Thank in advance