2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
single students seem to really like Summerfield which is right next to the school, highland hills and magnolia hills are the other places that a lot of students live at. Lots of students own houses they rent out and will post those in the Facebook group in the springtime. if you are looking to rent general rule is to avoid inside the circle and look at places around it (look at a map of Dothan if you don't know what this means).
Thank you for this! I am planning to buy, and this just helped my search. If any accepted students are wanting a potential roommate/place to rent, DM me! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I couldn't find a group for ACOM 2026, so I just started a Facebook group called Unofficial ACOM Class of 2026 for everyone to start connecting!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Also, I couldn't find a group for ACOM 2026, so I just started a Facebook group called Unofficial ACOM Class of 2026 for everyone to start connecting!
I heard that they open the official one up once the Dec 14th payment deadline passes and people commit. Thanks for starting the unofficial one though! I'll look for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a secondary, is it even worth submitting it? Or is it too late in the cycle

Interviewed 10/29. Got WL this morn lol. My interview experience was pretty bad so I was not expecting anything good. Im still glad I have As from other schools tho. I wonder if its WL cuz of my interview or some schools are like pretty much up to the brim with As and need to WLing people. Here is an email I got from RVU if yall dont believe me. I think maybe it could be similar for ACOM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-140923_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-140923_Gmail.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 300
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted from 10/29 interview. Really excited to be on it and not a R! I know I would go there in a heartbeat if given the opportunity! Nice seeing you all that were there on 10/29

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted from 10/29 interview. Really excited to be on it and not a R! I know I would go there in a heartbeat if given the opportunity! Nice seeing you all that were there on 10/29
Would you share your stats?

My stats are very unique and would compromise my anonymity. But I am below their average GPA (504). Anyone can DM me for a more specific look at my stats and anything else about my app.
Sorry just curious about how low (GPA and MCAT) they are interviewing.

Has anyone gone from post-interview waitlist to acceptance this cycle yet? I tried looking through this thread but didn’t see anything.

Has anyone gone from post-interview waitlist to acceptance this cycle yet? I tried looking through this thread but didn’t see anything.
I hope you were not betting on just ACOM. I got 6 interviews so far but decided not to do 3 of them. The 3 I did do it was 1A 1WL and 1 I just did and idk yet and they havent gotten back. I applied to like 18ish schools and some I didn't even submit secondary after my first A. I applied to a lot but im saying if you applied to like 10 to 20 schools considering you are an above average applicant bro you should be fine. Chill. Some schools are mad disrespectful and you would send their apps first and they would legit get back like Spring. Tells a lot about how things are run at those schools.

• Okay...
I hope you were not betting on just ACOM. I got 6 interviews so far but decided not to do 3 of them. The 3 I did do it was 1A 1WL and 1 I just did and idk yet and they havent gotten back. I applied to like 18ish schools and some I didn't even submit secondary after my first A. I applied to a lot but im saying if you applied to like 10 to 20 schools considering you are an above average applicant bro you should be fine. Chill. Some schools are mad disrespectful and you would send their apps first and they would legit get back like Spring. Tells a lot about how things are run at those schools.

Thanks for your reply. I have applied to many schools but unfortunately I haven’t had the luxury of many interviews. I am not an above average applicant. Bro. I’m very chill. I’m wanting to know if there has been movement for the post-interview WL people yet, which is fair. I know there will be some come December after the deposit due date, just wanted to see if anything has happened yet. If everything was “wait and see” there would be no need for this forum!

Thanks for your reply. I have applied to many schools but unfortunately I haven’t had the luxury of many interviews. I am not an above average applicant. Bro. I’m very chill. I’m wanting to know if there has been movement for the post-interview WL people yet, which is fair. I know there will be some come December after the deposit due date, just wanted to see if anything has happened yet. If everything was “wait and see” there would be no need for this forum!
Yeah u right. I do wish you the best of luck. Just update ACOM once in a while imo. Like just you asking others on this forum just shows the drive and dedication to get in. That being said yeah the wait and see is very stressful. Hopefully by deposit time you do get an offer. From what I have seen though, many schools should have movement on the waitlist. At least my friend who is in med only got one WL that he was accepted from. The golden rule I like to follow is that if they invite you for an interview, I would say 50% chance you're gonna get in. If WL, then maybe 25-50% chance you will move up. The numbers at least for ACOM are better than most other schools I've seen. Look at their admissions stats on their website. You have a very good chance. Mind you that the accepted number vs interview is skewed because they have to accept many more people than they can take in cuz many dont go to ACOM. Hope this link helps and eases some stress Class Profiles

I have been placed on a pre interview hold. Does this school accept updates via email or letters of Intent?
Has anyone this cycle been interviewed from the waiting list after sending an update?
Thank you in advance!

I have been placed on a pre interview hold. Does this school accept updates via email or letters of Intent?
Has anyone this cycle been interviewed from the waiting list after sending an update?
Thank you in advance!
mind sharing your stats?
i was also placed on hold and still am. they told me my stats are not competitive.

Thank you in advance!

You can send them email updates, but obviously update AACOMAS officially when the time comes. I was interviewed of the interview-waitlist after sending official and official updates (months after being on the interview-waitlist).

You can send them email updates, but obviously update AACOMAS officially when the time comes. I was interviewed of the interview-waitlist after sending official and official updates (months after being on the interview-waitlist).
Thank you!
The only way that I found out that I was put on hold was when I logged into my portal. I have never received an email from them saying I have been placed on a hold. Idk if this means anything.

Wow, I received an interview invite today and their next available interview date is in April. I am scared that all seats will fill before I even get a chance to sell myself and my soul to get accepted. Haha.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Wow, I received an interview invite today and their next available interview date is in April. I am scared that all seats will fill before I even get a chance to sell myself and my soul to get accepted. Haha.
I received an invite today as well. I e-mailed them to clarify.

If this is the case and not a mistake, thats mad unprofessional and would put me off hard for the school. Im going to be as harsh as they are on me as an applicant. I tend to see the better quality schools, not just numbers, tend to be very good with communication and application cycle logistics. If the next interview is legit in April, thats mad disrespectful to an applicant showing that they are just a back up. Not only that, but a last minute last person to fill the class back up smh.

I just got an II today but only opening was January. When I scheduled it, told me that I scheduled for April and did it twice to make sure I wasn’t bugging xD any1 have this issue?

If this is the case and not a mistake, thats mad unprofessional and would put me off hard for the school. Im going to be as harsh as they are on me as an applicant. I tend to see the better quality schools, not just numbers, tend to be very good with communication and application cycle logistics. If the next interview is legit in April, thats mad disrespectful to an applicant showing that they are just a back up. Not only that, but a last minute last person to fill the class back up smh.
I respectfully disagree with you friend. During my application cycle, there were several schools that were very high ranked that I literally never even heard a rejection from. This is commonly referred to as a Silent R and you are going to see this from Top 10 schools to bottom ranked schools. The unfortunate situation is that there is thousands of applicants and a small percentage of spots to fill. Its unfortunately a crapshoot. This is true of your medical school application and will be true of your residency applications.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
If you are one of those individuals that has to wait till April, continue to monitor the interview portal. During my application cycle, I was able to move up my interview several months because someone canceled. I am sure this holds true this cycle as well. Best of Luck!

I respectfully disagree with you friend. During my application cycle, there were several schools that were very high ranked that I literally never even heard a rejection from. This is commonly referred to as a Silent R and you are going to see this from Top 10 schools to bottom ranked schools. The unfortunate situation is that there is thousands of applicants and a small percentage of spots to fill. Its unfortunately a crapshoot. This is true of your medical school application and will be true of your residency applications.
My opinion only, but there is a difference between being respectful and or silent R and blatantly not giving a damn about an applicant's money and time. Thats what im saying. I could care less if a school is ranked high or low. Just have some decency and respect for the applicants. I would personally never go to a school that disrespects me in some way I feel like they are doing so and not giving a care. I always keep my choices open. Im going to pick a school cuz I think I will do well. Not cuz its ranked high on US News or something. Little thing I learned throughout the app cycle is how a school really treats its students by how they treat potential applicants. Just cuz some things are done certain ways does not mean its right, right? 🤷‍♂️

• Okay...
If you are one of those individuals that has to wait till April, continue to monitor the interview portal. During my application cycle, I was able to move up my interview several months because someone canceled. I am sure this holds true this cycle as well. Best of Luck!
I do agree with this. ONE med school is better than no med school.

My opinion only, but there is a difference between being respectful and or silent R and blatantly not giving a damn about an applicant's money and time. Thats what im saying. I could care less if a school is ranked high or low. Just have some decency and respect for the applicants. I would personally never go to a school that disrespects me in some way I feel like they are doing so and not giving a care. I always keep my choices open. Im going to pick a school cuz I think I will do well. Not cuz its ranked high on US News or something. Little thing I learned throughout the app cycle is how a school really treats its students by how they treat potential applicants. Just cuz some things are done certain ways does not mean its right, right? 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, they are not being disrespectful or unprofessional at all they are still giving applicants interviews which is much better than silent rejecting an applicant.. getting an interview for April is much better than being on the interview waitlist till April. Of all the schools that I interviewed at only ACOM was able to make a decision on interviews in a week. You also need to consider there is most likely only 1 interview day left for 2021, and they wonts start interviewing again till mid january. Most MD schools won't even be sending out any more interviews by this point.
Most schools get 10x the applicants for seats, and then accept 2x the applicants per seat. If you think this process is bad just ask any fourth-year medical student about applying to residency programs for interviews.

Reactions: 7 users
it's honestly so impressive how quickly acom's admin works

• Love

Just monitor the portal. I was able to move my April interview to December fairly quickly.

Hello everyone, I just submitted my primary app here last night along with my casper scores (yes, I know I have a pretty late app but better late than never right?). I was wondering how long this school usually takes before sending over the secondary? Thank you so much!

does anyone know the average comlex one and two scores for ACOM?
that's not usually reported at most schools sorry. also Level 1 will be only pass/fail for you guys. But you can find the pass rate here. Keep in mind when looking at this Step 2 PE is not a test that students have taken in the last 2 years due to COVID, and they did revamp the Clinical skills class to address the lower scores for the 2019-2020 group.

I hope it's not a big fat R. I called their admission office and told me that they were only interviewing every Friday. This is why the interview is all the way into April. I will take people's advice here and monitor the portal.

• Love
Waitlisted post interview today 😥

• Care
Just received the A about half an hour ago

Just received an interview invitation for tomorrow morning! Any advice for their interview style? Is it an open or closed-door interview? Traditional or problem-based learning? Any advice would help! Thank you so much :)))))

Just received an interview invitation for tomorrow morning! Any advice for their interview style? Is it an open or closed-door interview? Traditional or problem-based learning? Any advice would help! Thank you so much :)))))
Congrats on the II! Just act like yourself and relax. My interviewers were very conversational and nice.