2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if anyone got accepted after the interview.

Hey all! I got a call from ACOM today I believe to be moved off the waitlist. However I am on vacation overseas so barely get any reception. Do they send an email confirmation too or should I call back as soon as I can? I also don’t know if they left a voicemail or not because if they did I have not received one yet.

Hey all! I got a call from ACOM today I believe to be moved off the waitlist. However I am on vacation overseas so barely get any reception. Do they send an email confirmation too or should I call back as soon as I can? I also don’t know if they left a voicemail or not because if they did I have not received one yet.
I'd try to get ahold of them by any means possible (email or phone) and inquire about why they contacted you.

I got a call from ACOM as well saying some students have dropped and offered me a seat in this years class. The dean said they were going to contact with more information regarding accepting and desposit via email but I haven't received anything so far.

II 4/13, waitlisted 5/16, verbal offer 5/18.

Reactions: 1 user

I got a call from ACOM as well saying some students have dropped and offered me a seat in this years class. The dean said they were going to contact with more information regarding accepting and desposit via email but I haven't received anything so far.

Just received a confirmation email. Email with deposit instructions coming later.

I interviewed on 4/29 and haven’t heard any admission decision yet, should I contact someone?

Members don't see this ad :)

I was waitlisted 5/16 as well, did you happen to email them back or anything after you got the waitlist email?

I just checked and it says status: Waitlisted…. 🥲

I wasn’t given any email confirmation or anything though, is that uncommon?
I also didn't receive an email but am waitlisted. I called and they said they weren't sure why but that I am definitely on the waitlist.

I also didn't receive an email but am waitlisted. I called and they said they weren't sure why but that I am definitely on the waitlist.
Do you think I should call to confirm or would that just be redundant and annoying to admissions?

I was waitlisted 5/16 as well, did you happen to email them back or anything after you got the waitlist email?
Nope, I didn't do anything after receiving the waitlist email. I was just planning to wait it out.

Do you think I should call to confirm or would that just be redundant and annoying to admissions?
That's up to you. It definitely won't hurt- I just let them know I didn't receive an email and wanted to make sure that everything was okay. They were really nice and helpful.

Just got an acceptance off the waitlist here! It was definitely stressful with 3 WL's this cycle. Here's to hoping more of you get off the WL!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted!!! I’m gonna be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope y’all all get an acceptance call!!!

Congratulations! I’m happy for y’all.

I’m struggling with life decisions cuz I just got accepted to the MSMS program at IUPUI and idk what to do cuz they start in two weeks lol.

Got accepted to an in-state school so will be giving up my seat, best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A call two days ago after being waitlisted since my interview last fall! Declined as I'm attending another school but wanted to let y'all know!

Reactions: 4 users
Does admissions typically call at a certain time of day? (morning, afternoon, evening?)

Does admissions typically call at a certain time of day? (morning, afternoon, evening?)
From what I remember, isn't it usually Thursday or Friday in the late morning (~10 or 11 am)

Just got the call for the A right now. Interview 03/25 & waitlisted 04/08

Got my acceptance call at around 10am EST today!!! So excited!!!!! Interviewed 4/29 and waitlisted shortly after

Interviewed forever ago feels like and got the acceptance call today as well. Super pumped!

On my microsite, it says that there is an interview date for 6/17. Would that be for this cycle or next cycle?

Should be for this cycle! Interviews for next cycle should start in July.
That's what I was thinking too. I thought it was way too early for next cycle. Hopefully we will still see some waitlist movement if they are scheduling more interviews.

On my microsite, it says that there is an interview date for 6/17. Would that be for this cycle or next cycle?
I see that on mine as well but I already interviewed and got waitlisted. It’s telling me I can register again which I haven’t been able to do since before I interviewed. I would bet that either they are going to interview more people or that it’s probably a bug in the system. It’s weird to be interviewing so late but we shouldn’t have the ability to interview again…

1. Describe how specific attributes of ACOM’s mission and core values align with your professional goals and personal attributes?
2. The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine promotes values and equity from various cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Discuss the role that diversity played in your decision to become an osteopathic medical school applicant.
3. What are your personal attributes that demonstrate the osteopathic philosophy?

This is what I saw when I logged in and then I just copied the prompts onto a google doc to work on later. There is a 500-word limit on each!
Did you ever find out why you had different questions than everyone else?

Manifest Wednesday!!! Woo!
Calls to come soon I’m sure!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted yesterday and am super excited!! Any current students with housing recommendations/tips please feel free to message me!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted, just got the call at 5:39 PM!!

Was taking a nap. Does anyone know how to accept the offer? Is it through the microsite or is it through the acceptance letter you get in the mail?
He told me I would get an email tomorrow about how to accept the offer

I got the A at 7:43!
I finished crying at 7:51
Now I’m here sharing with all of you lovely peoples.

Congratulations everyone and thank you so much for all the help and encouragement you’ve given!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Got my Acceptance today! I still think it’s a dream but I am so so happy for this opportunity. So many years of sacrifice and study and this moment finally arrived! Super grateful!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I got the A at 7:43!
I finished crying at 7:51
Now I’m here sharing with all of you lovely peoples.

Congratulations everyone and thank you so much for all the help and encouragement you’ve given!
Happy to hear this! I have been following your story a bit. Congrats!

Hi, does anyone know when class start? The calender I found on the website was from last year and it was July 19. I assume this year will be Monday July 18? I dont have a school email yet so I can't access Groupme.
Mandatory orientation starts on the 25th, classes on the 28th.

Last edited: