2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your Supplemental Application has been received. Thank you for your continued interest and quick response.

LETS GOOOO!

Members don't see this ad.

Probably a dumb question but I’ve submitted my secondary but idk how to get on the portal to check if I’m on the interview waitlist. Any help?

Probably a dumb question but I’ve submitted my secondary but idk how to get on the portal to check if I’m on the interview waitlist. Any help?

Accessing their portal didn't work for me unless I specifically used the blue button in the first secondary invitation email I got

Members don't see this ad :)
Just sent in my primary and got the secondary pretty quickly!

Reactions: 1 users
little late to the ball game but just submitted secondary after adding last friday!

I am still waiting for CASPer to be graded lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
@tatake29 Did they explicitly say that you've been placed on a Waitlist ?
Whenever I would log into the microsite last week, my application status was "Interview Waitlist-Hold". I never got an email telling me that I was put on the waitlist.

Whenever I would log into the microsite last week, my application status was "Interview Waitlist-Hold". I never got an email telling me that I was put on the waitlist.
Thanks @tatake29 ! So all the status updates show up on the top-right of the page.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email I was complete yesterday morning. I haven't received any other communication, but I saw from previous posts that some people heard back the next day, so I decided to check my status on the portal this morning, and it says Interview Waitlist - Hold.

So, not an outright rejection. I know someone earlier got off the interview waitlist, so here's hoping. I really like ACOM. It looks like a great school that I would be happy at. I am an unusual applicant, and I have decent, but not stellar stats (cGPa 3.54, sGPA 3.36, MCAT 514, OOS), so I think it is going to come down to a school taking a chance on me, and there are so many qualified candidates, not sure if any will. But, this is my first school to get an update from after submitting a secondary, so it's just the beginning.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back, or preparing to interview, and congratulations to everyone who has gotten an A!!!

I got the email I was complete yesterday morning. I haven't received any other communication, but I saw from previous posts that some people heard back the next day, so I decided to check my status on the portal this morning, and it says Interview Waitlist - Hold.

So, not an outright rejection. I know someone earlier got off the interview waitlist, so here's hoping. I really like ACOM. It looks like a great school that I would be happy at. I am an unusual applicant, and I have decent, but not stellar stats (cGPa 3.54, sGPA 3.36, MCAT 514, OOS), so I think it is going to come down to a school taking a chance on me, and there are so many qualified candidates, not sure if any will. But, this is my first school to get an update from after submitting a secondary, so it's just the beginning.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back, or preparing to interview, and congratulations to everyone who has gotten an A!!!

Just wanted to tell you to keep your head up. My app had some red flags, and I didn’t know if any school would take a chance on me either until I got an A at ACOM. You can do this, and you are capable!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to tell you to keep your head up. I won’t get into it for the sake of anonymity, but believe me, my app had red flags, and I didn’t know if any school would take a chance on me either until I got an A at ACOM. You can do this, and you are capable!
Thanks so much for the encouragement!! It's appreciated! :)

• Care
GOT THE A!!!! I’m going to be a doctor!!!
Congrats !
What was the interview format - one-on-one or MMI ?
How many days after the interview did you receive acceptance ? via Phone call or email ?

Again Congrats ! Must be exhilarating !

Congrats !
What was the interview format - one-on-one or MMI ?
How many days after the interview did you receive acceptance ? via Phone call or email ?

Again Congrats ! Must be exhilarating !

Thank you so much :) It's a two-on-one, but incredibly chill. The questions are pretty standard, nothing that is designed to trick you or make you sweat. I suspect they pair you with interviewers who have a background in common with you, which makes the conversation easy. It flew by tbh. Just come prepared to have questions to ask them about their school as well!

I interviewed last Friday, so I received my acceptance in less than a week. I got an email, and the email mentioned that I will be getting a formal mailed letter and an acceptance gift soon :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED FIRST A OF THE CYCLE!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats everyone! Anyone else on their portal says "Current Status: Supplemental Application Requested"? I submitted my app on 7/19 and still completed 50% even though I have everything else in.

Nah. They accept about twice their class size as far as I’m aware, which is pretty standard practice for a new-ish DO
Congrats! I'm hoping to be in your position soon. Just wish matriculation data was more available so we can see what the student body really looks like.

Congrats! I'm hoping to be in your position soon. Just wish matriculation data was more available so we can see what the student body really looks like.

I believe someone posted something about it in this thread earlier! 5925 applications or something last cycle. Also they do have a student profile that offers a breakdown similar to this, but it’s a touch outdated. And thanks!

I believe someone posted something about it in this thread earlier! 5925 applications or something last cycle. Also they do have a student profile that offers a breakdown similar to this, but it’s a touch outdated. And thanks!

Nah. They accept about twice their class size as far as I’m aware, which is pretty standard practice for a new-ish DO
Yep, most schools accept 1.5 to 3x their class size. Depends on yield, of course.
@Real McCoy posted some class profiles above, but the school has yet to post the Class of 2025. From what I've heard from Dr. Reynolds, our average GPA was closer to ~3.55 and MCAT average was ~506, so an increase in both metrics. Not too surprising with all the competition last cycle.

Hey, guys! Submitted my primary 6/18 and haven't received a secondary from ACOM yet. Should I be concerned? I am an OOS applicant.

Hey, guys! Submitted my primary 6/18 and haven't received a secondary from ACOM yet. Should I be concerned? I am an OOS applicant.
That is a little odd, it probably wouldn't hurt to reach out at this point. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like ACOM sends secondaries to everyone? At least this year?

ACOM is not sending secondaries to everyone I had to ask for one and explain my application to them. Also currently waitlist-Hold so hopefully that changes soon

• Care
I may have missed this, but are people doing the Snapshot for ACOM or no?

Any other accepted students know of a Facebook group/GroupMe? Or down to make one (I'm happy to if the GroupMes here aren't made by admin/current students!) :)