2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know exactly what interview waitlist-hold means?
It can also be a silent R. Previous threads people have sat with an interview waitlist-hold. However, it is not a straight up rejection which I believe they also give. It's really a limbo status because it could go either way, and honestly I think it feels worse than just being outright rejected because you really don't get any feedback on what they want to see to get the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

First A of the cycle! Thank you ACOM for making my dreams come true : )

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post edited by a moderator:
Reminder - I think this message was meant in a friendly way but this is a site where users can remain anonymous, so don't try to figure out exactly who somebody is on the public threads
Thanks & carry on

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Just checked my portal and it says interview waitlist / hold. I didn't get an email about it either. At least its not an R. Does anyone know how many they pull off the waitlist usually?

my status has been "received supplemental app" for 3 weeks eight now and it shows i'm 100% complete but I did not get a complete email. Should I email them? I was also thinking they may be waiting for my new MCAT score to come in

So they received my supplemental application in July. However on the portal, the checkbox for Pre Health committee later is unchecked. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been wl'ed after their interview so far?

I'm certain that some have been waitlisted and it's reporter bias. That being said I haven't heard of anyone myself and I sure hope that next week brings acceptances for all, including me :).

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys, so like I submitted my secondary early july and im still not marked complete. i even emailed them and they accepted their "delay," which was 3 weeks ago. at this point, there's no way i can withdraw and get my money back right? I dont know if anyone else experienced this long of a delay, but I really would like my money back at this point if that is the case (which i know isnt possible lol)

if anyone else hasnt been marked complete for over 1.5 months please lmk so i stop being neurotic

Sigh sitting on interview waitlist. I would end my entire cycle getting an acceptance here

Current ACOM Student. I was on the interview waitlist and then interviewed and then waitlisted and then accepted so definitely don't give up hope.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
That’s great to learn! Any recollection of the approximate timing of/between those events?
i had over 6 months in between interview and acceptance, there's still plenty of time

When you were placed on the waitlist was it ranked and were you informed of your ranking?

hey guys, so like I submitted my secondary early july and im still not marked complete. i even emailed them and they accepted their "delay," which was 3 weeks ago. at this point, there's no way i can withdraw and get my money back right? I dont know if anyone else experienced this long of a delay, but I really would like my money back at this point if that is the case (which i know isnt possible lol)

if anyone else hasnt been marked complete for over 1.5 months please lmk so i stop being neurotic
No you will not get your money back. but maybe just follow-up COVID numbers going up in the areas has really messed up a lot of on campus meetings.

Interview Invite!!
Interview set in November
OOS: in region though
MCAT: 498
cGPA: 3.4x
sGPA: 3.6x

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite!!
Interview set in November
OOS: in region though
MCAT: 498
cGPA: 3.4x
sGPA: 3.6x
Congrats!! What are your extracurriculars? Your MCAT score gives me hope lol (no offense obv)

II today. Sent in my secondary 9 days ago and got the complete email today. Interviews are virtual and current open dates are all on Fridays.

II today. Sent in my secondary 9 days ago and got the complete email today. Interviews are virtual and current open dates are all on Fridays.
Congrats! What were your stats and EC's, if you don't mind me asking? And are you able to choose the date of the interview?

How many seats are in the incoming class and acceptances normally extended post interview? What is the acceptance rate post interview?

Congrats! What were your stats and EC's, if you don't mind me asking? And are you able to choose the date of the interview?
Yes, you can choose the dates. I only Fridays available unless it was because everyone else took all the other available dates.

MCAT (took it multiple times): 502
GPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.4
SMP GPA: 3.76

How many seats are in the incoming class and acceptances normally extended post interview? What is the acceptance rate post interview?

They were granted an expansion of up to 210 students per class I believe but I’m unsure of how many the final count will actually be

Well I got an interview today, but I was at work and now the soonest available dates are end of November and early December..... which kind of seems ridiculous lol. BUT we'll take it

Congrats!! What are your extracurriculars? Your MCAT score gives me hope lol (no offense obv)
No offense at all trust me. I shadowed only DOs 40ish hours, volunteer at a hospice and free clinic about 8 hours a week total. I have been volunteering for about 2 years in each. I have worked full time in the service industry through school and now. I was a learning assistant (close to a TA) and did research in college for two years. Those are the highlights. If you want to know more PM me.

How long did it take to be marked complete? Congrats btw
I had submission confirmation email on the 9th. I was marked complete today. However, I had to wait on CASPER so it could take less time.

II today!! OOS, 502, cGPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.89, low casper, not ties, submitted secondary on 8/16!

The profile for the Class of 2025 was recently posted, in case anyone is curious/has questions about admissions.

AACOMAS Apps: 5,876
Secondaries Reviewed: 3,581
Interviews: 746
"Accepted" Students (really matriculated): 188

I would count on at least 2x that number, so probably about 400ish accepted, like @drstranger said. Makes the post-interview acceptance rate ~54%.

Average GPA: 3.47
Average MCAT: 505

103 out of 188 are from Florida, Alabama, and Georgia, so good news for those in the region!

Link: Class of 2025

Reactions: 4 users
OMG, after one failed cycle last year I'm finally going to be a doctor! Thank you ACOM for making my dreams come true.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
First A of the cycle feeling so blessed right about now. THANK YOU ACOM!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
acceptedo_Oo_Oo_O

Pizza Yes GIF

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Current OMS I's, are there any courses/material we should learn prior to beginning classes next fall?

Current OMS I's, are there any courses/material we should learn prior to beginning classes next fall?
NO. please do not prestudy. the best thing you can do is take some time for yourself. If you really want to invest some time into learning how to use ANKI, ANKING on youtube is pretty good.

Reactions: 6 users
NO. please do not prestudy. the best thing you can do is take some time for yourself. If you really want to invest some time into learning how to use ANKI, ANKING on youtube is pretty good.
Fair enough; thanks!