2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know if ARCOM is doing a waiver for the DO letter again this year? From the Chose DO Explorer: "DO only (please email the ARCOM admissions team for more options if this is an issue due to COVID-19." Not sure if this is for EY 2022 or a holdover from EY 2021.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know if ARCOM is doing a waiver for the DO letter again this year? From the Chose DO Explorer: "DO only (please email the ARCOM admissions team for more options if this is an issue due to COVID-19." Not sure if this is for EY 2022 or a holdover from EY 2021.
im trying to figure this out as well! Will email admissions and update

They screen ? I read from last year, they're slow in the process
They’re slow, but they also screen heavily. Typically they only send secondaries to ppl they intend to invite for interviews. They were the only school that didn’t send me a secondary last cycle.

They’re slow, but they also screen heavily. Typically they only send secondaries to ppl they intend to invite for interviews. They were the only school that didn’t send me a secondary last cycle.

Do you know by chance what their screening criteria is?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,
I am a OMS1 starting here if you have any questions. I’m still figuring some of it out but I’ll help where I can!

Reactions: 1 user
Also, their OMS1 and MSB student just started this week, so I figure admissions hasn’t been doing a ton with secondaries over the last few days

What made you pick ARCOM?
Overall, cost of attendance + tuition was the cheapest, culture of the school, and they are invested in improving the program. The technology in the school is pretty good. Oh, and the surrounding community support is awesome too.

I had not been to Arkansas until I went for my interview so I didn’t have any ties to the area or any idea what it was like beforehand.

I got an application under review email just now. Wondering if that means other people got secondaries?

I got an application under review email just now. Wondering if that means other people got secondaries?
+1, looks like this was their initial correspondence with us about receiving primary. :)

Let the good times roll! ♥️Best of luck to everyone.

New Email: Application Reviewed & Will Proceed To Recieve Secondary Portal in 24 hours or less

Reactions: 5 users
Still waiting on the actual portal though :) still have some time left in their 24 hour window hehe

Prompts are unchanged from last year:
1. Please describe a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
2. Please tell us about a time you felt proud. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
3. ARCOM students can choose residencies in a wide range of specialties. If you had to pick today, what top 2 specialties would you be interested in learning more about? A narrative is not required, please simply list specialties of interest.

Prompts are unchanged from last year:
1. Please describe a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
2. Please tell us about a time you felt proud. Limit your response to 2-3 paragraphs.
3. ARCOM students can choose residencies in a wide range of specialties. If you had to pick today, what top 2 specialties would you be interested in learning more about? A narrative is not required, please simply list specialties of interest.
There’s also a mission fit essay

Does anyone know if they’re doing interviews in-person only or optional in-person this year? On the ChooseDO site, it says optional. But their website and the email following my secondary submission, mentioned on-site interviews.

Last edited:
I smashed my spam email button like 6000 times today. Lord send me that secondary plz, I cant keep applying this many times.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know how to make these emails not go to spam, like is there a setting in gmail or something

cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.61 nonsGPA 3.1
MCAT 513
OOS Submitted 7/12/21
Application under review 7/26
No 2nd received yet.
But exactly not stats based...not worried until I get a rejection.

cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.61 nonsGPA 3.1
MCAT 513
OOS Submitted 7/12/21
Application under review 7/26
No 2nd received yet.
But exactly not stats based...not worried until I get a rejection.
This school is very picky with their secondaries and only sends it out if they want to also send an interview invitation. Your stats are great, I think If you were instate you’d have one already, but that doesn’t mean one isn’t coming.

The only email I received was the under review email and that was 3 days ago. Not worrying though.