2021-2022 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an II a day back, but all their September interview dates are booked. The soonest I could get in for was October 8th. Think that will impact my chances??
I don't think so - it's not March 8, still pretty early in the game. Go for it !!!

Members don't see this ad.

got an II a day back, but all their September interview dates are booked. The soonest I could get in for was October 8th. Think that will impact my chances??
If you are interviewing whether it is September or April next year you've got a chance. Usually schools have to accept more than twice their class size to finally fill all their spots. People that get accepted also get accepted at other schools and sometimes have to drop their seats to go somewhere else. Things fluctuates throughout the cycle until class starts. I interviewed last week of November back in 2017 and got accepted in the week before Christmas. At the same time I know people that interviewed in April and people that got accepted a day before orientation week (mid July) in my class.

I think people had mentioned this, but just to reiterate for people that have yet to interview: I interviewed virtually 08/31 and it was very relaxed. Do not stress about this interview. Everyone is super welcoming. It's cliche, but just be yourself.
I just got an II today, and I am OOS from the midwest. Do you think there is any benefit to attending the interview in person rather than virtually? I would prefer virtually but I am not sure if that could potentially be seen as a negative by the school? Maybe I am just overthinking and being neurotic lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an II today, and I am OOS from the midwest. Do you think there is any benefit to attending the interview in person rather than virtually? I would prefer virtually but I am not sure if that could potentially be seen as a negative by the school? Maybe I am just overthinking and being neurotic lol
Just attend virtually -- save time and money :)
Virtual or in-person has no bearing.

Reactions: 1 user
Just attend virtually -- save time and money :)
Virtual or in-person has no bearing.
Personally in person for me, likely a final opportunity knocking at the door kind of thing that I can’t afford to let go and seeing some old friends; so chose the in person. But definitely virtual would save you money and time without a doubt.

Interview in person, you will be glad you did.

The main benefits are experiencing Fort Smith, seeing the campus, and getting a vibe of the environment. I'd suggest attending only if you're really serious about attending ARCOM. If this school is a plan B or C, then attend virtually because neither interview format affects your chances of getting in.

Last edited:
4th year at ARCOM here, good luck everybody, man reading these stats, they never would have let me in if I applied today

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Got the call a little before 5 PM CST on Friday. Super stoked and grateful 🙏🏽
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Just received the call. Super grateful for this opportunity!!!

Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When was your interview? Do you have any tips? I am interviewing in person in October
Interviewed virtually on 08/31. The interview is seriously nothing to stress about. Just be yourself and connect with your interviewers. It was a 30-minute relaxed conversation. Make sure you look up your interviewers when you find out who they are; this will make it easier to connect with them.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed virtually on 08/31. The interview is seriously nothing to stress about. Just be yourself and connect with your interviewers. It was a 30-minute relaxed conversation. Make sure you look up your interviewers when you find out who they are; this will make it easier to connect with them.

Good luck!
Congrats!! When will we find out who are our interviewers are? I am in person on the 24th!

Congrats!! When will we find out who are our interviewers are? I am in person on the 24th!
I got an email with my interviewers' names the day before my interview. Just do a quick google search on them and see what they're involved in, their background, their passions, etc.

You got this!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I got an email with my interviewers' names the day before my interview. Just do a quick google search on them and see what they're involved in, their background, their passions, etc.

You got this!!
Thanks so much for the advice and well wishes :)

You got this!!
I never got an email day before regarding my interviewers' names.... maybe because I was in person? Did you attend virtually? That would've been super helpful if I did get that email the day before lol

Few questions for in person interviews-

-did you keep your mask on?
- did you shake hands with your interviewers?
- was the virtual meet & greet the previous evening something we should dress nicely for as well or is it just a casual call?

I apologize if any of these questions are silly 🤣
TIA!!

Few questions for in person interviews-

-did you keep your mask on?
- did you shake hands with your interviewers?
- was the virtual meet & greet the previous evening something we should dress nicely for as well or is it just a casual call?

I apologize if any of these questions are silly 🤣
TIA!!
-No mask, actually no one was wearing a mask except a couple people lol
- yes I shook hands, but def read the room, my interviewers reached out to shake hands
-meet and greet is very casual, just two med students, you and a couple others also interviewing

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
-No mask, actually no one was wearing a mask except a couple people lol
- yes I shook hands, but def read the room, my interviewers reached out to shake hands
-meet and greet is very casual, just two med students, you and a couple others also interviewing
Thank you!!

For those attending in-person interviews, is there a president's dinner this application cycle? I saw it on an older thread but I haven't seen anything for this cycle.

For those attending in-person interviews, is there a president's dinner this application cycle? I saw it on an older thread but I haven't seen anything for this cycle.
There wasn’t a dinner. Only a lunch with med students

you should be fine relative to people who get it even later. The Dean said something about the class likely filling up by mid-October. Idek what that means but he then elaborated and said anybody interviewing after that serves the sole purpose of students rejecting their acceptances. Idk if the school interviews for a waitlist. sorry if this isn't helpful/makes you feel worse, but felt somebody had to say it.

Good luck!
I agree. However, if you have a weak science background, looking up interviewers may not be very helpful. The info online tends to not reveal the faculty member's life outside of work. I never received an email with who my interviewers were; I searched every inbox including spam. I wasn't able to connect at all with my faculty member but interview did not go horribly (read: interview did not go well imho). You should be able to learn about your community member interviewer's background as well.

you should be fine relative to people who get it even later. The Dean said something about the class likely filling up by mid-October. Idek what that means but he then elaborated and said anybody interviewing after that serves the sole purpose of students rejecting their acceptances. Idk if the school interviews for a waitlist. sorry if this isn't helpful/makes you feel worse, but felt somebody had to say it.

Filling up by mid-October?? I don't really see a point in submitting my secondary then. Thanks for the info!

Filling up by mid-October?? I don't really see a point in submitting my secondary then. Thanks for the info!
I think you still should if you really want ARCOM. It's early imho to back out of this school's app process.

Edit: I'd say over 50% of the interview day was staff/faculty talking about why ARCOM is better than X school, why fort smith is so great, etc. So what if the Dean is just talking? Like, idk what to think anymore.

I think you still should if you really want ARCOM. It's early imho to back out of this school's app process.

Edit: I'd say over 50% of the interview day was staff/faculty talking about why ARCOM is better than X school, why fort smith is so great, etc. So what if the Dean is just talking? Like, idk what to think anymore.

That makes sense. Thank you!

For in-person interviews are you able to bring a bag? Also, is the virtual meet and greet the day before important? I might not be able to attend due to driving.

For in-person interviews are you able to bring a bag? Also, is the virtual meet and greet the day before important? I might not be able to attend due to driving.
What do you mean by a bag?
The meet and greet the day before is not important and will not impact your chances in any shape or form. I enjoyed the meet and greet and we ended meeting those same med students in person so it wasn't as awkward since we already broke the ice.

I submitted my secondary this past Saturday, but was wondering when people received a confirmation email for the payment and technical standards doc? I received an email saying that once those have been received, the review process will begin.

I submitted my secondary this past Saturday, but was wondering when people received a confirmation email for the payment and technical standards doc? I received an email saying that once those have been received, the review process will begin.
I received confirmation for the technical standards a few hours after I submitted it (it was a Friday) and I don’t think I received a payment confirmation for the secondary. Most of my emails from ARCOM have been going to spam tho so keep checking that folder as well

The meet and greet the day before is not important and will not impact your chances in any shape or form. I enjoyed the meet and greet and we ended meeting those same med students in person so it wasn't as awkward since we already broke the ice.
Like a purse/tote/something like that? I was wondering the same so I could bring a water bottle, small notebook, etc

I too am going to have my backpack with me (traveling from OOS only bringing a backpack. I cant leave my backpack in my hotel since they want me to book another night if I want to come back and pick it up after the interview is over. I am planning to go from the interview to the Fort Smith airport so would have my back pack. I would think it shouldnt be an issue to have at the interview?

Did anyone use a cab service to get from their hotel to the school on the morning of the interview? Which one and are they reliable?

Like a purse/tote/something like that? I was wondering the same so I could bring a water bottle, small notebook, etc
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I received confirmation for the technical standards a few hours after I submitted it (it was a Friday) and I don’t think I received a payment confirmation for the secondary. Most of my emails from ARCOM have been going to spam tho so keep checking that folder as well
thank you! I received a confirmation for the payment but not for the technical standards, so I am going to email to see if they received it.

I have seen previous posts about being placed on a pre-secondary hold on this thread. Has anyone heard back from them in regards to the hold? I am unsure if I should send an update. I want to wait until a significant update occurs but at the same time I'm not sure.

Got the fastest II turnaround I've ever gotten today! Submitted secondary late Friday night, II today

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Got the call a little before 5 PM CST on Friday. Super stoked and grateful 🙏🏽
Good luck to everyone!
Same here ! I can’t wait ! Last year I didn’t get any interviews and I’m so glad to have gotten in so early in the cycle .

Same here ! I can’t wait ! Last year I didn’t get any interviews and I’m so glad to have gotten in so early in the cycle .
Congrats! How was the interview? It's my first of the cycle and I am so nervous bc I don't know what to expect.

Just got an ll! Very excited!