2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. So a month and two weeks, damn.

Hope I get an A or are in your situation, waiting this long just to get WL’d then Rejected is going to kill me.
Yeah I was going crazy waiting lol. Luckily I received an acceptance before I heard from BCOM. Keep your head up! I was waitlisted last year here and this is my 3rd time applying. But this cycle I’ve received 7 interviews and 5 acceptances so far… and I’d consider myself to be a lower stat applicant

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I was going crazy waiting lol. Luckily I received an acceptance before I heard from BCOM. Keep your head up! I was waitlisted last year here and this is my 3rd time applying. But this cycle I’ve received 7 interviews and 5 acceptances so far… and I’d consider myself to be a lower stat applicant
Your perseverance is sooo admirable. What did you do differently this time? Thank you in advance! And congratulations!!!!! 🎉

I’m hoping I don’t have to do another cycle, I can’t do another year like this and the MCAT again lol.

This was my first interview, and I have one this week and the week later. Praying that any of the 3 turn out to be an A. But again, congratulations to you!
You got this! and never say you can't... if you want it bad enough, you'll do anything to get there.

Your perseverance is sooo admirable. What did you do differently this time? Thank you in advance! And congratulations!!!!! 🎉
Thank you! I increased my GPA by doing a DIY post bacc in which I received a 4.0. I also retook the MCAT but only improved by 1 point. Other than that, I would say my biggest improvement was my essays and my interviewing. I really honed how to talk about my journey as it relates to medicine and highlight my accomplishments. The same with interviewing. I wouldn't say I was bad before, I just didn't use it as an opportunity to sell myself and be authentic... which is harder done than said. PM me if you have any questions

Turned down my acceptance last night, hoping it goes to one of you!

• Care
When I interviewed they mentioned 2-3 weeks for a decision which I am in the window of. Did they give you a similar estimate?
I think they say that to everyone, but it has been more like 5-6 weeks since December-ish.

Any idea if there is heavy waitlist movement at BCOM? Got waitlisted several months ago and hoping I can get off.
If history repeats itself, then yes! Candidates can be accepted up to the Sunday before orientation in July. I know of students who were accepted during orientation and at the end of that week. Don't lose faith if you're on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just got an interview for BCOM in April, does anyone know what my real chances are at an acceptance? I don't want to think negatively but getting an interview in April is extremely late in the cycle :/
There's hope! Stay positive and rock that interview!

• Love
Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? I heard that they had over 5,000 applicants of which they gave 12-15% of them interviews, which is around 600-750 people, for I believe 230 seats (correct me if I'm wrong). I've heard medical schools usually give 2-2.5x more acceptances that the class size, so does that mean majority of the people who interview will get accepted? If anyone happens to know this, please share your wisdom with us!

I heard back February 28th and was waitlisted. Got off the waitlist on March 18th
How long did they give you to put down a deposit? I’m waiting to hear back from two schools and I’m hoping it’s around the same time so if things go in my favor I don’t have to pay two down payments.

No updates this week for anyone? Assuming we'll get something at the 6 week mark.

How does 2-3 weeks turn into 5-6? That is double what is being told to students even though it’s obviously been a pattern this cycle. If they are consistently behind why not just be honest with students? Especially that they “can’t” give you an update on your status or decision. This is not a thing at other schools and typically admissions will be helpful and honest that they are behind or at LEAST when to actually expect a decision. Very frustrating considering all of the effort/money put into the application cycle. I am much more hesitant to attend here because of their inconsistencies and lack of transparency.

Reactions: 2 users
How does 2-3 weeks turn into 5-6? That is double what is being told to students even though it’s obviously been a pattern this cycle. If they are consistently behind why not just be honest with students? Especially that they “can’t” give you an update on your status or decision. This is not a thing at other schools and typically admissions will be helpful and honest that they are behind or at LEAST when to actually expect a decision. Very frustrating considering all of the effort/money put into the application cycle. I am much more hesitant to attend here because of their inconsistencies and lack of transparency.
It definitely adds to the anxiety of the waiting process, but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday is the day. The wait is finally over.

Its alright guys, we have a long wait ahead of us what is one or two more weeks

How long would you all have been waiting?
Over 6 weeks at this point. While I understand that 1 or 2 more won’t kill me it’s more the principle and no communication. For people who this may be their only A, every day is stressful.

I understand that as well, I hope we can get a decision soon it would be nice but I don't think it should be too much longer.

Over 6 weeks at this point. While I understand that 1 or 2 more won’t kill me it’s more the principle and no communication. For people who this may be their only A, every day is stressful.
I totally agree. The waiting isn't a huge deal, its just a major lack of professionalism. If this is the way they treat their students or other colleagues and institutions its not ok.

Has anyone contacted admissions about how much longer we should expect? I contacted them today about something unrelated to hearing back and they were very quick to respond! I interviewed 2/18.

Also noticed that based off of past posts, admissions decisions tend to come out at all times of the day. Another reason for me to obsessively refresh my email all day!

Has anyone contacted admissions about how much longer we should expect? I contacted them today about something unrelated to hearing back and they were very quick to respond! I interviewed 2/18.

Also noticed that based off of past posts, admissions decisions tend to come out at all times of the day. Another reason for me to obsessively refresh my email all day!
I heard back on Friday of the 6th week. It takes a while for them to get back to you. I have been WL'ed since 2/28 and they can't provide where you sit on the WL. Nerve wracking for sure.

Well good luck to everyone I hope it works out for you, I have heard stories of the waitlists going on even after the 30th of April

They said for my date of interview the decision would be sent out by Friday, so I’m not sure about anyone else’s unfortunately.

Thank you so much for calling and checking, I really appreciate it! I hope good news is coming soon for everyone;)

WL just now. Not gonna lie, I'm surprised and pretty upset. I felt like my interview had gone great and I really loved the school!

Does anyone know what their WL movement is like or when movement starts happening? I saw that someone was on the WL for about 2 weeks earlier this cycle then was pulled but can't find official information on their WL movement anywhere.

sorry for that news guys, I hope your other apps work out guys

• Care
Does anyone know what their WL movement is like or when movement starts happening? I saw that someone was on the WL for about 2 weeks earlier this cycle then was pulled but can't find official information on their WL movement anywhere.
Don't know but I heard some guy say it took like 18 days

Just got WL. Not surprised though. I assumed this late in the cycle it would be a WL. Does anyone have any info about the WL movement?

Just got in. W00t w00t! Hands in the air, people!

Interviewed 3/3

Last edited:
  • Love
WL… hopefully waitlist movement is good.
Had really high hopes.

• Care