2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y’all! Should we still expect some movement or that should be it for this cycle? Thank you!
Some movement exists, some peeps got accepted in June and some even up to the 1st week of school (mid-July)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know if the class is full? Ahhh this is so stressful not knowing what to expect

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Very stressed too :( I have no idea if the class has been filled, but I would guess they're just offering the seats people have turned down now. They've told me many times that they don't over-accept people so that's where I got that. It stinks :(

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
agreed, the idea of trying to secure housing in a place I've never been before while also starting medical school is incredibly stressful

agreed, the idea of trying to secure housing in a place I've never been before while also starting medical school is incredibly stressful
I mentioned this on the phone to admissions a while back and they suggested I withdraw and apply again if it's a big concern.... :cautious:

• Wow
Got accepted 6/24 off the waitlist!!! Interviewed 4/4, put on waitlist 5/18. There is hope!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I also interviewed and was waitlisted around the same time. Did you do anything you think helped you get off?
Not really! I just submitted a LOI the same week I received the waitlist notification! and had been waiting ever since.

Hello so I recently got off the waitlist and I’m having a difficult time securing housing. Can someone pm me if they are looking a roommate or have any details that could help? Thank you so much

Hey yall, I'm currently sitting on a Burrell II for the current cycle. I'd appreciate thoughts on how last cycle went after receiving an II. It seems quite favorable. Was the post-interview acceptance rate around 70-80%? Did they give out more waitlists than acceptances? Any insight would help, thanks.

Hey yall, I'm currently sitting on a Burrell II for the current cycle. I'd appreciate thoughts on how last cycle went after receiving an II. It seems quite favorable. Was the post-interview acceptance rate around 70-80%? Did they give out more waitlists than acceptances? Any insight would help, thanks.
They had quite a number of people on the waitlist last year (myself included). I don’t think it’s 70-80%. Maybe before covid. After my interview, they said we would know our decision after a few weeks. Some of us didn’t hear back for 8-9 weeks post-interview. Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake this year. I would have loved to go there if I was accepted.

I got off the waitlist last year! Feel free to DM