2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
**Late Post**
Secondary received 7/19, submitted 7/23, II 8/13, scheduled for 10/21.
Good luck to everyone applying and I hope that everyone who has interviewed receives good news soon! :)

Members don't see this ad.

People with II's and acceptances, what kind of videos did you make? Plz comment. im really not sure what to make here lol

Members don't see this ad :)
People with II's and acceptances, what kind of videos did you make? Plz comment. im really not sure what to make here lol
I don’t think anyone has been accepted yet but I received an interview and didn’t complete a video.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who have already completed the interview, any words of advice/guidance for a first-time interviewee? Any areas where I should focus my interview prep?

Current 3rd year student here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask (on the thread or DM).

Reactions: 1 users
Also did not make a video and received an interview invite. Personally, I don't believe it will make or break your app! Many have received II (including myself) who did not submit a video, while many who did also received II. I would submit one if you believe it would help show the adcom a side of you that isn't expressed in your app. But I wouldn't submit a video just to say you submitted one if that makes sense.

Also did not make a video and received an interview invite. Personally, I don't believe it will make or break your app! Many have received II (including myself) who did not submit a video, while many who did also received II. I would submit one if you believe it would help show the adcom a side of you that isn't expressed in your app. But I wouldn't submit a video just to say you submitted one if that makes sense.
The thing about making the video is that if it's good, it will help your app. If it's bad (it's bad if the adcoms looking at it don't like it) then it could detract attention away from the rest of your app, which could be problematic. i don't know if doing a bad video can DIRECTLY hurt you.

that's the thing about the application process. it's very much subtractive. IMHO everything you submit is literally just material for them to use against you (i.e. reject you ultimately). now of course, this is just my opinion.

I interviewed a cycle or 2 or 3 cycles ago (lols- I'm old) back without making a video, got accepted and also a current student :)

Questions are always welcome by DM or on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed a cycle or 2 or 3 cycles ago (lols- I'm old) back without making a video, got accepted and also a current student :)

Questions are always welcome by DM or on here.
Hahaha if it makes you feel better I am closer to being 30 years old than I am 20 sooo I feel that 😂😂

ACCEPTED!!!!!! Top school of mine, interviewed 9/9 :) Is there a place for accepted students?

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!! Top school of mine, interviewed 9/9 :) Is there a place for accepted students?
Also, would you like to inform our fellow applicants why this school is one of your top choices? I'm sure lots of us would benefit! no pressure if you're not down

I know, just anxious lol! Sometimes people call admissions and they give a specific day. I also interviewed on 9/9 as well! I hope we find out Monday. I am also wondering if anyone has been rejected post interview yet.
So given your A today, I think we can conclude that nobody has been rejected post-II as of today.

Also, would you like to inform our fellow applicants why this school is one of your top choices? I'm sure lots of us would benefit! no pressure if you're not down
hey! absolutely i will share! I will make it brief and concise and hopefully easy to understand. For starters, the community they have created there is unlike any other school. the staff is incredible about being there for the students. 100% match rate. helpful with financial aid. just kind people I guess, good people. the location is beautiful. their mission. There's a lot of great things about this school, this is just a start! I was floored during my interview day! I dont know much since this is my first time applying but I can help you with anything else :)

• Care
accepted people, plz post stats and video/no video! Would greatly appreciate it!! Congrats!!!!!!

accepted today!! interviewed 09/09. happy to answer any questions anyone has :)

Accepted interviewed the 9th, did not make a video, 507mcat 3.4 GPA OOS

First off, Congrats! I have an upcoming interview with them as well. BCOM is also my top choice, do you have any words of advice for a first-time interviewee?Thanks!

First off, Congrats! I have an upcoming interview with them as well. BCOM is also my top choice, do you have any words of advice for a first-time interviewee?Thanks!
Thank you very much! BCOM was my 2nd or 3rd interview, and definitely the most relaxed one. You will be fine if you practice just general medical school interview questions! Just be yourself honestly

Thank you very much! BCOM was my 2nd or 3rd interview, and definitely the most relaxed one. You will be fine if you practice just general medical school interview questions! Just be yourself honestly
Awesome, thank you. Could you tell if the interview was open or closed file?

Accepted, no video, didn't think I did great on the interview (this was my only one where I left feeling like I'd messed up), happy to answer any questions via PM that don't violate the NDA

So if someone told you after your interview “keep your grades up and you will for sure have opportunities “ , would you take that as a negative? Feel free to be brutally honest..

Rejected. Really felt like I had a great interview 😭

• Care
So if someone told you after your interview “keep your grades up and you will for sure have opportunities “ , would you take that as a negative? Feel free to be brutally honest..
Would you please clarify: Did you hear this AFTER your 30 minute interview or NEAR THE END of your interview?

It was just about at the end of the 30 min interview..
To be as direct as possible:

I would not take it as negative on the interview performance, which was the very last thing you could control trying to get into this school (I firmly believe Thank You notes do not impact one's chances of admission for this school). So well done!

I would take it as negative on your chances of getting into medical school. If BCOM is like other schools, points/weight is assigned to stats, ECs, interview, etc. I think the interviewer was implying you cannot really afford to have lower stats. I wouldn't let it rub you the wrong way though because common sense is to maintain one's stats or improve them. It may be true you do not score as high in the stats category, but not much you can do about that now. If you have stellar interviews, those are a couple more reasons for a school to give you an A!

II. 50x, 3.9c, 3.8s OOS but in a nearby bordering state. I submitted my secondary only a few weeks ago.

Hi, I have some questions regarding the HUB sites. The Albuquerque HUB site has several other locations listed within it (Santa Fe, Espanola, Etc). Some are a few hours away from Albuquerque. Do you have a lot of the core rotations outside of Albuquerque? If so does BCOM help with finding housing?

Last edited:
Hi, I have some questions regarding the HUB sites. The Albuquerque HUB site has several other locations listed within it (Santa Fe, Espanola, Etc). Some are a few hours away from Albuquerque. Do you have a lot of the core rotations outside of Albuquerque? If so does BCOM help with finding housing?
Sorta--if it is within something like 75 miles from ABQ (such as Santa Fe or Belem), then you commute. Places like Espanola or Las Vegas, NM which are hours away are called spokes and there is housing provided for you in those locations. For the Albuquerque hub specifically, everyone does at least 1 spoke. Some have more, but everyone does at least 1. Not every regional academic center (as the hubs are now apparently being called) have spokes. I personally like that Albuquerque has them so you get a mix of both rural and urban medicine and not just all of one or the other. There are RAC's that are completely rural, such as Four Corners and Eastern NM, so if you're interested in rural medicine specifically, then those are good places to try and go for rotations. hope this helps!