2021-2022 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call - accepted!!

Feels unreal. My first acceptance so far

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call an hour ago, interviewed 8/2! First A of the cycle super excited!

Waitlisted, interviewed 8/2. Just out of curiosity do people ever get rejected immediately post-interview decision?

Waitlisted, interviewed 8/2. Just out of curiosity do people ever get rejected immediately post-interview decision?
Absolutely, they have over 4,000 applicants and not all go on the waitlist! I am currently a 2nd year student here at CHSU and I know plenty of my classmates were pulled from the waitlist so don’t lose hope! Just keep checking in with the school as the cycle continues. We hope to see you here next year!!

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely, they have over 4,000 applicants and not all go on the waitlist! I am currently a 2nd year student here at CHSU and I know plenty of my classmates were pulled from the waitlist so don’t lose hope! Just keep checking in with the school as the cycle continues. We hope to see you here next year!!
hows your experience been so far at CHSU? Do you think you're decently prepared for boards? Also, have they mentioned anything about clinical rotations?

hows your experience been so far at CHSU? Do you think you're decently prepared for boards? Also, have they mentioned anything about clinical rotations?
My experience here has been incredible thus far. I think last year was difficult with COVID but that was at every medical school in the country but I think they did a phenomenal job of adapting and listening to student feedback. Something you otherwise don’t see at other schools. I think with the amount of questions, exams, and TBL discussions you are constantly prepping for boards, even when you don’t think you are. My classmates are incredible and I’m confident you’ll see high pass rates and great matches from this group.
As for clinical rotations we have started to get more information on how they will work for us next year but the school already has students from other schools at the sites currently until we come next year.
I really encourage everyone to apply, attend your interview, and if you have the opportunity to come by and see our campus. We’re doing some pretty awesome things here in the Central Valley

Last edited:
Honored to have gotten the call yesterday. First choice, first II, first A.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
For this secondary question: "Describe some common healthcare disparities that may be found in a resource-limited area, such as the California Central Valley. How might the presence of CHSU-COM help to alleviate those disparities? ". How many healthcare disparities did you all write about? I wrote about two and provided in-depth explanations, but now I'm worried that I did not address more?

submitted secondary, and everything else on 08/09, and my letters are still under review. I am guessing this is normal? SoCal resident here

Those of you who were accepted are you from central California or have ties to central california? And what was your tactic for repairing for the interview questions? Since they were given prior to the interview did you just practice those specific questions so much that you pretty much memorized the best answer to them, or did you keep it more natural?

Those of you who were accepted are you from central California or have ties to central california? And what was your tactic for repairing for the interview questions? Since they were given prior to the interview did you just practice those specific questions so much that you pretty much memorized the best answer to them, or did you keep it more natural?
First of all, yes I am from California and a good chunk of those that are accepted do come from the area but we also have students from all over the country. As for the interview, questions will vary and those that try to memorize a response aren’t going to come of as genuine at all. The best thing you can do to prepare is to take a deep breath and just be yourself. The faculty and staff here are amazing and they just want to get to know you. Just remember that they’ve already seen your metrics and you got the interview, now is the time to show them who you are as a person :)

1st quartile on capser… rip
Hopefully this doesn’t destroy my application here

• Care
Anyone else having trouble paying the secondary fee? I paid for it but it does not show up on my portal?

I submitted my secondary on 7/31 and my letters are still under review. I'm debating sending them an email.
I submitted after you and my letters were completed recently, so emailing them could be a good idea.

Thanks! I emailed them and while they didn't reply directly to my email, I received a "secondary is complete" email less than an hour later.
Secondary or application. Because you will get an email that says “application complete “

Hey guys! I am NOT a student at CHSU, but I was born and raised in Fresno. If you have any questions about the area, local health disparities, what's there to do for fun, etc. please DM me! I'd be more than willing to help you out.

For those wondering, I am a 1st year student at ICOM

Got my II yesterday :) anybody have any tips?

Congrats!! Stats and when you were complete if you don't mind! I've been complete for a while and am worried it's a soft R
3.2/514/IS/IA/criminal background/white/strong ties to the area

also got 1st quartile in CASPer

complete 8/17

best of luck to you. I honestly have no idea if what you're experiencing is a soft R, but I probably wouldn't feel that great if I were you. I finished 9 secondaries all throughout july and this is the only school I have heard back from.. so I feel like this is my only hope.

3.2/514/IS/IA/criminal background/white/strong ties to the area

also got 1st quartile in CASPer

complete 8/17

best of luck to you. I honestly have no idea if what you're experiencing is a soft R, but I probably wouldn't feel that great if I were you. I finished 9 secondaries all throughout july and this is the only school I have heard back from.. so I feel like this is my only hope.
I am sending positive vibes! You got this:)

I am sending positive vibes! You got this:)
thanks. this is my one shot lol. interview is on 9/13.

and to be honest, even though its the only school i might have a chance of getting into, it was at the top of my list. i prefer DO to MD, and i really do intend on staying in Fresno which is where I am from and where I want to raise a family.

thanks. this is my one shot lol. interview is on 9/13.

and to be honest, even though its the only school i might have a chance of getting into, it was at the top of my list. i prefer DO to MD, and i really do intend on staying in Fresno which is where I am from and where I want to raise a family.
You only need one shot! Just imagine the relief once you get accepted :) keep us updated

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take everyone's portal to change from "under review" to "complete" for the letters of recommendations? Tempted to email

How long does It generally take from when the supplemental application is completed and when you hear back if you receive an interview? Not sure whether to treat the silence as a soft R... Application was complete 8/20.

Submitted my secondary 2 weeks ago and my portal still states my LOR's are under review. Should I email?

Received the call yesterday! First acceptance. Interviewed on 8/30/21.

oh crap, is it bad if I send more than 3 letters?
Honestly I don’t. But I don’t think so. They would just pick one for you to fulfill their requirements. I sent 4 letters :)

Got my interview in 11 hours :(
Its ok to be nervous! And even feel not ready. You clearly have something they loved about you that invited you for an interview :) just be yourself

Its ok to be nervous! And even feel not ready. You clearly have something they loved about you that invited you for an interview :) just be yourself
I appreciate it. This is the school I want to go to, so I feel a lot is riding on this. But yeah, I'm just going to be myself of course. I think that is probably the best strategy

• Care
I appreciate it. This is the school I want to go to, so I feel a lot is riding on this. But yeah, I'm just going to be myself of course. I think that is probably the best strategy
How was it?!:)

How was it?!:)
This was my very first med school interview experience, so I was very nervous. The staff is nice and they definitely want you to feel comfortable.

Interview questions were provided beforehand, so no surprises. The interview was one on one, and I felt great about my answers, but there seemed to be some really great applicants there. There were 12 of us who participated, and it took the entire three hours

Does anyone have any stats on interview / acceptances ratio for CHSU?

First Acceptance! I interviewed 9/3. Wow, this feels amazing. good luck to you all

Reactions: 4 users
Still waiting for a call.. Hopefully not an email. :( the wait is killing me lol. I have seen that some people get acceptances same week. Here is to hoping for a call tomorrow

Still waiting for a call.. Hopefully not an email. :( the wait is killing me lol. I have seen that some people get acceptances same week. Here is to hoping for a call tomorrow
I interviewed 8/30 and still haven't heard anything lol hoping that's not a bad sign

I interviewed 8/30 and still haven't heard anything lol hoping that's not a bad sign
I haven’t gotten a II, I HOPE that is not a bad sign 🤣

• Haha